1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Durant the next Darko? Just don't breathe on him!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Jul 11, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Re: Will Durant Become The Next Darko?

Of course this will not have any affect on the officiating. LOL

How can they afford to let this guy fail, in spite of himself.

Kevin Durant: Nike Or Adidas Want Him To Fill Some Big Shoes - Sports Biz with Darren Rovell - MSNBC.com

:hoops:

2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA

Well, the guy is being hyped up. Can he live up to it? Being a solid performer won't cut it in his case. The expectations are just too high. From the press clippings looks like he's being touted as a "savior" in Seattle.

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Research is old.............gotta go with the latest in behavioral studies.

4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Durant is not physically strong enough to play in the NBA at this time. Give him about 6 months in a conditioning and strength program and you will start to see him produce. I think he will end up being more of a 2 guard than a SF.

5. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

So the premise has changed?

Has the definition been rewritten?

I'm having a little trouble understanding the context of your post considering my link was posted for reasons of definition of the phrase only.

6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

To be honest I could care less about Darko during his summer league stint. As a matter of fact, I didn`t even know if he played in the summer league or not.

Your dislike for Durant seems personal to me. What is it? Why do you dislike him so? At least let him get a few NBA games under his belt.

Usually when you are picked #1 or #2 in the draft the hype is pretty thick, therefore, this is nothing unusal what is happening to Durant.

If he doesn`t live up to his potential and/or his projected marketing status, then you can fire away, but to do it now is absurd after a few summer league games!!

7. buddahfan

Fundamental attribution error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

8. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Didn't Darko miss the whole Summer League because we had to take all summer trying to buy him out of the Homofarm contract?

9. buddahfan

I have nothing against him, except I think he is controlled by his mother who is grabbing as much money as she can to the long term disadvantage of her son. I actually feel sorry for him.

For a 19 year old to get all this money based upon such high expectations that he can't possibly achieve will really mess his psyche up over the long term. He is no Lebron. Lebron is a real baller and was far more physically developed, muscularly than Durant is at 18 - 19, so he could compete better in the NBA.

The other thing that bothers me is how so many millions of fans are just going along with all the hype like sheep following their shepherd, without thinking for themselves on this.

I really hope he succeeds except when he plays against the Pistons, Lakers and Clippers, but I think his momma is doing terribly wrong by him and he should have stayed in college, which would have been better for his emotional and social development and if he gotten a really good all around college education would probably wind up making more money in the long run then by coming out at this point.

10. buddahfan

You have a short memory my friend. I was saying the same thing about him when he was playing in college after I saw him play there in games that meant something against guys who won't even make it to the NBA.

11. Dlev59

Like I said, stop the hating.

Let the guy play some NBA ball first. His momma is taking advantage of him..LOL.........

Do you have any kids??

Anyway, let`s just wait and see what happens with MR. Durant.....

12. Dlev59

Lebron`s momma really did right by him huh???

13. Taco John

Taco John First Round Draft Pick

Durant would not have developed anymore the next season. No one in college can challenge him. True, he might have gotten stronger, but he acclimated instantly to college ball.

Consider what he has to do. He plays a great season where he gets the best coaching, conditioning, and nutrition of his life. He then stops playing in March, flies around working out, attending events, filming commercials, doing promotional work for the NBA, etc. Then after no 5 on 5 basketball for a couple months, he has to pick up and play against a better level of athlete than he was use to.

This would literally be like going to the opening day of Lions training camp, and saying a new QB they drafted is going to be a bust because he misread a couple routes. Durant's not just getting used to the NBA, he's getting used to basketball again.

14. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Good post Taco John.

Oden and Durant have got to be exhausted physically and mentally from the roller coaster ride they have been on since they played their last college games.

15. Taco John

Taco John First Round Draft Pick

I buy Durant being exhausted from the mental roller coaster more than Oden. Having seen Oden play a few times in high school, he was a sensation his sophomore year, and his junior and senior years got worse and worse. He's had a steady build up to this point, which he was destined to be by the time he was a sophomore. Considering his tonsils are the size of baseballs, I think that's Oden's explanation.

16. buddahfan

JMax is out there working his tail off in the SL, even though he doesn't have to, but Durant is working his tail off in Hollywood. I think this speaks loads about this dude.

He avoids contact on court. He doesn't rebound. He would rather be a Hollywood star than work on his game, which obviously needs a lot of work at this time.

He is a real back example for young kids.

ESPN - Durant skips Summer League game for ESPYs - NBA

17. buddahfan

You could have a very valid point. Bad tonsils if not removed, really mess with your health and physical condition more than most people would realize. I think that is because most people who have bad tonsils get them when they are real young and have them removed early and that is that as they say. But for an adult, especially an athlete, they can really mess you up physically.

18. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Oden was going to skip it as well.

You knew that right?

Would you have even mentioned it if the title was "Oden and Durant skip Summer League game for ESPYs"?

19. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

20. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I'm growing more and more disgusted with Oden every time I read this article.

Ice Cream and Jell-O? Is he 3 years old now? Well, that would explain him buying into the "Jell-O and Ice Cream" SHAM.

I wonder if he has his favorite coloring book packed as well?
    Toughen up Opie.
    This is a mans league.

Go back to school if you want to be a boy.

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound: