Durant the next Darko? Just don't breathe on him!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Re: Will Durant Become The Next Darko?

Wife saw Oden comment about "Jell-O and ice cream" on the news last night........said he belonged back in grade school..............

2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

You guys are really funny about Oden.

I think the NBA should create a new annual award. It should be called the "Darko Award" and given the biggest rookie bust each year. LOL

:hoops:

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

why not the olowakandi or the kwame

4. buddahfan

Fair enough.

5. buddahfan

Durant - Don't Even Breath On Him

16 foul shots in 32 minutes. Are you kidding me? (He only averaged 7 foul shots a game last year playing for the Longhorns).

And he finally managed to get an assist in their loss and all of three rebounds.

He will be totally unguardable during the regular season. If a defender even so much as breaths on him a foul will be called.

It is painfully clear that the officials are going to make sure that Durant gets his points.

Though like last night in he end I don't know how much all of this will help the Supersonics get to the playoffs in the Western Conference

Fortunately the Pistons only play him twice.

NBA.com : Summer League 2007

DraftExpress Profile: Kevin Durant

6. buddahfan

Re: Durant - Don't Even Breath On Him

Forgot to add

34 minutes

FGA 23
    FTA 16

That means that he actually attempted about 30 shots or more, depending on how many of those foul shots where "and one")

Now that is what I call a real team player.

A shot a minute guy. But then Nike is probably sending him a private messause to rub down his right arm after each game.

7. buddahfan

Why does this Durant thing upset me so much, because I am still P.O.'d over the phantom foul called on Bad Boy Bill against Kareem in the 88 finals. If that foul was not called we would have probably had 3 rings in a row.

In addition this whole fiasco with Lebron this last year when the media kept hyping him during the Piston series so much it had to make you sick as a Piston fan, especially since the level of hype went down by at least 50% leading up and during the Cavs series with the Spurs, since the media and league had obtained their objective of getting Lebron into the finals, even though the Pistons were the better team.

So I can see the writing on the wall already regarding Durant and the Supersonics.

Peace!!!

8. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Nah !!! The better TEAM did win.

9. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

You realize that during summer league there are guys who pick up 10 fouls, rookies who shoot 15 plus free throws, and those things happen in shorter games, right? The refs are trigger happy C level refs trying to get noticed. Fouls are definitely not called the same way during the regular season as in summer league.

Durant may be a chosen one and get a ton of fouls, but he could also be completely ignored by the zebras. His game is more jumpshooting than driving to the hole though, so I'm guessing he doesn't get the Wade treatment to start off with.

10. buddahfan

There is a lot of money invested in this dude. I am sure that the TV networks already have their schedules set up around him and Lebron for this coming year.

I haven't seen Oden getting the media and league push that Durant is. I think a lot of that may have to do with personality, but time will tell.

But you are correct on your points so it will be interest to see what happens come November 1st.

11. Slippy

Buddhafan, I merged this with your other anti-Durant thread.

12. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I'm sorry, but this is really very very funny. :pound: :pound: :pound:

13. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Just when I was starting to wonder how many would be made before Nov. 1

14. Slippy

hey guys, no need for that kind of comments.

15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I'm no hater like Buddah, but count me in the group that is not sold on Durant. Now when Lebron came into the league I bought in from day 1, from the first televised hs game I saw, I was..........a.......(sigh) a Witness. But as good as Durant is, I can't help but think that he could very well be the next Ice-Man, or Jonathan Bender. His game really is what Indy thought they were getting with Bender.....Bender / Ice-Man......only time will tell.

Oh yeah, Oden is indeed a teenager. He looks 40, but he damn near seems like he's suppossed to be in special ed, he sounds goofy (not dumb or stupid) as hell. He sounds like the real big kid in grade school that still wanted to watch dumb "A" cartoons when we started to chase girls.

16. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Durant had pretty bad showing in SL. He couldn't rebound and shoot a very low percentage from the field. Oden only played in two games where he got more fouls than points.

I'm not sold on Durant as well, he'll have to prove that he's worth the praise.

17. buddahfan

When Sheed shows his feelings its emotions
    When I show my feelings it is hatred.

Very interesting but wrong. Sorry. Have a nice day.

18. buddahfan

Doesn't it upset you as a Pistons fan?, that Durant because of all the hype and PR and money that Nike, The Networks and the NBA have invested in him, to say nothing of what Seattle has invested in him, that not only will he continued to get hyped and pumped but even worse will get a lot of calls by officials that will help Seattle win games that they otherwise shouldn't.

In the meantime AJ who has shown off of 11 NBA games and a number of games in the D league that he is more advanced at this point than Durant, gets no hype and no Nike contract and therefore the Pistons will not get the future Superstar calls from the officials that they maybe should get if the league were hyping the better of the two players.

As a Pistons fan it sure irks the heck out of me.

19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Nah man I'm not pressed on it. I feel as if Nike and EA Sports want to take that type of risky investment it doesn't irk me. It remains to be seen whether or not he gets the superstar calls. Whether we want to admit it or not there will always be phantom calls made and the Pistons are indeed at times the benficiary of said calls.