Dwayne Wade Conspiracy Theory

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by MainManJoeD, Mar 3, 2007.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

LMAO! :rofl:
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Not offended in the least...but nonsense is nonsense and I will stand by my statement.

Some people actually believe Wade is faking. :nerd2: I'm sure some of them also believe that Elvis Presley was a ref at the game.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

A debunker of internet nonsense will never be out of work!
  4. detteam

detteam All-Star

I don't think the injury is a fake...just that it's been over-played by the media (Stern is smiling right now).

The guy hardly got touched. And then the whole rib cage thing in 05 with no contact. Wade's nickname should be 'Peanut'...because he's brittle.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I got Wade on my fantasy team in the "open" league and waiting for this charade to end so that I can waive him next week. Boy just as I was about to make a move in the top 6 he goes down. Heck I will sacrifice a fantasy loss for a Piston ring:)
  6. max

max All-Star

I hope Wade does shut it down for the season and gets this fixed. He has had some problems with that shoulder before and its only going to happen again if he tries slapping a band-aid on and making a go in the post-season. I know their window is short with Shaq/Mourning aging and all but no need to risk your career here.
  7. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

really.. I mean once the pistons get old .. it could pretty much end up being his confrence anyways.. so why risk ending your career now .
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i dunno, but the knob-slobbing he gets is ridiculous. from an article on ESPN Page2 after his shoulder got a boo boo:

' I had a more profound respect for the way he shook off the bruised hip against the Bulls and survived the flu against the Pistons last year. '

does anyone even remember him actually having a bruised hip, or having the flu in the Pistons series? no...
  9. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

Wade without Shaq does not equal championship. Once Shaq retires, Wade will always lead his team to very good records, but will have a hard time winning it all. Witness Kobe, Garnett, LeBron and many more. The problem is that their teams are too good to get high draft picks, and their salaries are too high to add another major piece.
  10. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Everyone who ever injures his shoulder knows how fast and easy that happens- you don't even need to get touched. Still, I like this conspiracy thing. This is how you create stars. You don't only hand them ships, you also create stories of heroism about them. And as someone else pointed out, it would be one great story if Wade came back at the end of the season with the Heat winning all of the remaining games and in the end the ship after Wade injured his knee, shoulder and got his wisdom teeth removed during the half time show.
    These stories about "he played great despite his flu" are not spectacular enough, just like with Wrestling. 20 years from now, players will get carried to the court in a wheelchair, than an African magician will show up, the player will suddenly be healed and score 100 points. Now that's entertainment :)
  11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Wouldn't surprise me if Stern was in on the plan. Imagine the ratings with a Detroit Miami rematch, with Wade coming back from the injury? Let's hope its not true, cause if it is, no way Stern let's us win.
  12. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

BTW,
    My cast for the movie:

Cuba Gooding Jr, --Chauncey
    Sam L. Jackson----Sheed
    Will Smith---C Webb
    Ice T---Tayshaun
    Ice Cube--Rip
    Keanu Reeves-Carlos Delfino
    David Duchovny---Flip Saunders

Sylvester Stallone--Dwayne Wade
    And the guy from Green Mile as Shaq
    The Sicillian from Princess Bride as Howard Stern.

And in game 7, Stern changes the rules (a la Slap Shot), and allows Miami to sign DMC (played by Dolph Lundgren) for 1 game.
  13. detteam

detteam All-Star

Michael Clark Duncan.

You can't help but like the guy. Great actor and very personable in interviews.
  14. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

His basketball game is doodoo though. Saw him play in the celebrity game all-star weekend. They should nickname him Chief.
  15. detteam

detteam All-Star

As in cuckoo's nest or tomahawk elbows? Maybe he was role-playing for Shaq's movie character ;)
  16. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No way Wade was faking it. Embellishing it? For sure. Going to milk this thing for all it's worth? Absolutely. Back for the playoffs? Probably.

I've heard several people say that they didn't even hit that hard. With Wade's injury, it wasn't so much the force of the hit, but the angle of his arm. It was forced straight back, a very awkward angle.
  17. LA Dre

I am willing to bet that he will not have the surgery. He will be there rolling out of the tunnel in a wheel chair the last game of the season to make sure that they either make the playoffs or avoid the 8th spot.

he will be dressed with a large superman towell over the healed shoulder with a picture of Willis Reed on it. Stern will be there to cheer him on...should I continue with the screenplay of this tearjerker/crowd favorite storyline...:)
  18. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

19. LA Dre

The Wadeless victory over the Pistons Friday night gave him some hope that even with his shoulder on the mend, Stern's help will give them enough wins to get past the Pistons and they could possibly steal a title again if the Mavs choke again.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons successfully lured Wade into the rehab trap by letting Miami beat them and giving him false hope that has a title shot this year.

Brilliant.