Dwayne Wade Conspiracy Theory

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by MainManJoeD, Mar 3, 2007.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yup, that the way I see it too. Also with the Nets and Pacers doing their best to get a lottery pick, the Heat can play .500 ball and get into the 6th or 7th spot and get to third round just by knocking off the pretenders.

2. detteam

detteam All-Star

Having had a very painful and debilitating shoulder problem in the past and noting the weakness of the contact Wade had, I have a theory about the root cause of his ailment. The cure is very simple...it doesn't require surgery or drugs and worked for me in about 3 months. If my experience/theory is correct, his pain will continue to get worse...even if he doesn't play.

3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I fail to see how stocking Fred McCloud's wife is going to help Wade heal faster. :love::eyebrows:

4. detteam

detteam All-Star

Beth and I mailed each other, but she's not into the homeopathic stuff...she just likes homers lol

5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Very interesting comments posted in this thread. Let me say this; I am not one to shy away from conspiracy theories existing in the NBA, however, Wade`s injury is not one of them.

Moreover, since Wade has decided to come back, the NBA will by all means try and protect his injured shoulder. My question to him is, will he be tentative or will he be his relentless self when it comes to going to the hoop? If he decides to go to the hoop will someone have the guts to foul him hard despite the fact that the shoulder may pop out again?

If he does recieve a hard foul, and the game happens to be in Miami, how will Shaq, the fans, announcers, and ultimately the NBA react?

Mr Wade is putting himself, his teammates and opponents in an awkward position here. IMO, if he goes to the cup, foul his ass as hard as you possibly can. I would say that if he dislocated his shoulder or not. The thing is, with his injury you better believe it will cost you more money, and you will instantly become the NBA`s enemy #1..........

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Jeez lev, I'm glad you don't play at my gym. You got a little Laimbeer in ya.

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

In the olden days, you would absolutely hammer this guy on his shoulder until he couldn't play.

Now, a guy like Dale Davis, at the end of his career, performing as a supporting role player could accidentally lay the wood on him a couple times and make Mr. Wade think twice about driving into the painted area.

A sound philosophy, and you have to believe that legendary coaches like Jackson and Riley would not be above doing the same thing if it meant they could win a title.

8. Dlev59

I say in this new age too Roscoe.

See, the thing is, you don`t have to go after the shoulder, at least not at first. Hammer him on the other shoulder initially.

Make him think about coming in there again. I bet you can get into Wade`s head. Those tears would be dancing in the back of his head!!!!!!:nod:

9. roscoe36

Not a lot of hockey fans around here, but the legendary coach Scotty Bowman started a trend in the late 90s of not announcing what specific injuries to players were. If the other team knew that a skater had a bad ankle or an inflamed wrist, they would be hacking away at him all day long.

And thus, the "upper body injury" was born. It's the most ludicrous thing to see on an injury report. 4 guys with upper body injuries which could be anything from a sprained finger to a slipped disc.

Yeah, in today's day and age, you could still beat up on a guy. When you posted before Dlev, I got to thinking about Wade Rules, forcing him to drive towards the basket with his sore shoulder exposed, and help defense coming to challenge him and put him on his backside each drive.

CNNSI.com - SI Online - SI Flashback: Mission Impossible - Wednesday February 27, 2002 10:24 AM

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You guys are one small step away from advocating a Bertuzzi style hit on Wade.

The bad boys are over. This is a new NBA where guys pray together after each game.

11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice walk down a rocky memory lane.

1989 Pistons opponent field goal percentage - 0.447

2006 Pistons opponent field goal percentage - 0.444

Hmmm...

12. roscoe36

Not to sound like a member of the fan elite, but that in my opinion is what it is to be a Piston fan.

Underdog, scrap and fight for every inch, battle until your muscles are fatigued and then battle some more tenacity.

Commitment, sacrifice and passion.

The rest of the league are the pretty dunkers and the skills challenge wizards. We're the guys who look out of place in the All-Star game and ruin it by playing defense.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Let's get Jeff Gillooly on the team. He would know what to do about this Wade fellow.

He'd just call this guy and we'd have a clear path to the Finals.

[​IMG]

Shane Stant

14. Dlev59

I couldn`t agree more.

Let`s face it, the playoffs in the EC gets very physical indeed. I hope Wade took that into consideration when he made his decision to come back for the post season.

Maybe he thinks his opponents will take it easy on him and his shoulder, maybe King James.

Just thinking out loud here, Sheed fouls Wade hard in the EC Finals, the shoulder pops back out, any guesses on Sheed`s punishment?

I say banned from the Finals!!!!! If Detroit would get there..

15. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hell, if Wade was, for instance, playing for the Mavs, Riley would send in that freakin Pops-Mensah guy or any other nobody to DESTROY Wade's shoulder. I don't see why Flip shouldn't order DD (hell, that guy could do that, just look at him- he'd eat the Wades, Anthonys or James in that league for breakfast) if the Pistons would meet the Heat and it gets crucial because the refs send Wade to the lane for 100 times. Then, heck, play the dirty game. The Heat benefit enough from that strange whistle- policy. Time to make them pay :)

16. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And of course by "stocking" I really meant "stalking", not that you put her on a shelf with like items or that you'd like to stuff her with Christmas presents. :nerd2:

Hmm.... now that I think about it, I'm sure "stocking" would have been appropriate in your case as well... :sssh: