Dyess coming back?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Tha Locstah, Nov 10, 2008.

?

Where will Dyess end up?

1. Pistons

80.0%
  2. Celtics

5.0%
  3. Other

15.0%
  1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lee, I remember back in 2001 when I when joined the DetNews forum and each year you had a player that you hated the coaches to play and Curry was one of them. Looks like he is still on your list.....I remember that Atkins and Hunter were on there too, but can you remind me who the other were guys you loved to hate over the years??:writersblock:

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

:p_welldone: :cheerlie-GOAL: He learned how not to take the blame from Flip.

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Another coach throwing games. Amir is the only player on the team who can get driven backward and dunked on and I wish the bitter ex-players on the sideline could recognize his unique abilities.

4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

He does have a point. Irregardless of Amir's fouling our defense was the best when he was in, and it's not like there is a wealth of "Shaq's" in the league. Also with Dyess coming back Sheed's min should be reduced which means it's probably time to go back to that lineup. KB is not even at a Kendrick Perkins level.

Amir plays better with Sheed, and plays better with consistent PT. Since he's an integral part of our big man rotation as it stands, he should be put in the best position to succeed. He definitely has higher upside than Kwame Brown.

5. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Amir and Kwame's +/- stats (and their average minutes) are virtually the same, with Kwame having a slight (1pt) edge on him.

If there was a veritable parade to the rim going on when Amir was replaced by Kwame surely the stats would show this, yet they do not.

6. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

as great as folks want to champion one and belittle the other... there stats are rather similar, and this with Amir not getting the starts against the Big centers that would have been much more difficult for him. Our issues havn't been with that starting position, both have been "ok". Though Amir hasn't shown the growth that I would like to have seen. Add Stuckey to that list of non growth...

Two solid days of practice, I'm expecting a real improvement on effort on both ends of the court tonight.... they have another lemon effort night and I'll grab my pitchfork and light my torch.

7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'm just going by what i see. Amir would play in the 1st and 3rd's and the other team couldn't score. He wouldn't play in the 2nd and 4th, and the other team went nuts. In fact when Amir came out with 2-3 min left in the 1st the other team put a flurry of points on the board, and i don't know if it was Amir and much as the combo of Amir/Sheed.

It got to the point that everybody was pointing it out. I think them sharing the starting position is a good move by Curry.

8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Really quick list off of the top of my dome:
    ...Mo Evans ...Jarvis Hayes ...Darvin Ham ...Ron Dupree ...Tony Delk ...Juan Dixon ...Ron Murray ...Tony McDyess

I'm sure that I'm missing some obvious guys.

356/357 is actually pretty much on-point (he's a little hard on Dyess) with these guys.
    It's his HOF club that I have the most issues with.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's a lot of guys making about $1M/ year. There's a reason for that.

10. BallDon'tLie

I'd like to see lee's all-time doghouse club scrimmage his all-time HOF club.
    It would prolly be a pretty close game.

11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Most of those guys are still playing somewhere.
    However his HOF guys are out of the league.

12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It would depend on how the rotations are managed.

14. BallDon'tLie

Well, the matchups don't lie:

C: Darko vs Dyess - Depending on DMC's blood-flow issues and the particular camera angles... I gotta go with Dyess

PF: Victor Alexander vs Darvin Ham - Ham is a bit undersized at the 4. Victor has that sweeeeeeeet shot though. This one's a push.

SF: Rodney White vs Walter Herrmann - Michael WHO!!?? Edge Walt

SG: Spellcheck vs Ron Murray - BIG advantage to lee's boy A-Flow.

PG: Carlos Arroyo vs Lindsey Hunter - Hmmmmm. Carlos would dribble the shot clock down to single digits only to have the ball stolen by Hunter. Slight edge to Lindsey.

...This game would be VERY close.

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Who would the coaches be? That would probably put one side over the top.

16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Lee would go with Sammy Mejia at SG, and Pepe at PG.......That makes the game too close too call. But seeing as how Darvin shattered a backboard and made the cover of Sports Illustarted....I bet on the whipping boys.

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Let me see. Atkins was the first, as far as recent history goes anyway. This guy would not play a lick of D. He was shamed into it by Damon Jones in Carlisle's first year. I know people don't play real close attention to things like this, but in that year, Atkins almost lost his place in the rotation altogether. But Barros could not come back from injury. Now Barros could play some serious good D, despite being no taller than the 5-8 Atkins is. Barros could "dance" with the offensive player, staying in his shorts as they say. Some seriously excellent footwork.

Then Curry. Once a favorite of mine (in his first stint with us he was all hustle off the bench as the backup shooting guard), by his 2nd stint with us he had sadly slowed down. My hobby is studying film. Watching Curry not be able to move anymore was tiring to me. (Since I study every game, man what a drag to watch him just simply not moving as plays went past him.) It was laughable to see that the other team continually designed plays to go thru Curry's area, knowing he was not really there (since he could not move nor react anymore to what was going on.)

Ok, let me see, Ham. Decent perimeter defender, a zero inside. Kind of unusual for a front line player. No talent of any kind on offense. I did not mind that Ham was playing that first year for Brown, since it helped Brown reduce Tay's minutes, getting him rested for the playoffs. Other than that, he had no value to the team. When it came to time to get serious in the playoffs, Ham was dropped from the rotation and the Pistons went the rest of the way with no sweat. (He was also dropped from the rotation after we acquired Sheed for the most part, just to make it look like the trade was really great. Nope, its just that Ham was dropped from the rotation for a while.)

Then there was Murray. Spastic. Best way to describe the guy on his bad days. Lots of bad days. Followed by Evans. Evans can knock down a shot. No lack of offensive talent. But when it comes to transition D, defensive rotations, the guy is lost. And the guy never heard of an assist. Basically, figuring out how to play with the rest of the team is something still on his to do list. I laugh at Atlanta, which is trying to feature these two as their main bench guys.

Hunter? I have said that no way you win with him as a large part of your rotation. A good role player though. And Brown managed to get more out of him as a point guard than I thought possible. (2005). His defense on Wade had me eating crow. For months. Matter of fact, that nasty taste is still there. I thought the Lakers were stupid to let him go after he was an instrumental part of their championship. Hunter was, once upon a time, the very best point defender in the world. Now? A role player.

Herrmann. Too slow.

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks for the all slow/no defense team...I remember Cola starting Curry and Ben during the 2002-03 season which means most teams had the upper hand on us offensive wise with 5 playing on 3 to start every game.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

When exactly is Dyess going to rejoin the team? Has the date been set?

20. BallDon'tLie

I heard December 7th is the day he becomes available to talk to Joe.
    Shortly after that I guess ...?