East Playoffs

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 18, 2009.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I thought watching the first round that Cleveland, Boston, and Chicago turned out to play real playoff basketball. Atlanta, Miami, and Detroit just showed up to get paid. I doubt Atlanta wins another game. For me the jury is still out on Orlando.
  2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I disagree. If Howard was so easily neutralized, Orlando wouldn't be where they are right now.

Who was one of the few people who could neutralize Howard, giving us the ability to cover all of Orlando's shooters.
  3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Orlando remains a jump shooting team, and because of that, they will never win it all. Such teams never seem to close the deal in a long PO series. Much like the go-go Suns not being able to get past the physical play of SAS.

That being said, I still think that people give Orlando far less credit than they deserve. Even if they beat Boston and somehow get past the Cavs and lose in the finals, people will still say it was a fluke and they never played PO basketball.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well it's only been one game, but who do think looked more competitive vs the Cavs in these playoffs, the Hawks or the Pistons? :stirthepot:
  5. dba

:MusicBigGrin:

Well, you know that even within the realm of hopeless there are degrees of ineptitude.
  6. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I like watching these playoff games, but something is missing big time--passion. I have zero passion for any of these teams, and therefore there's no excitement. And I can't work up any. When the Piston's are playing, man I start looking forward to it during the day, make sure I have everything done by game time, whoop and holler, crank up the volumn so I don't miss a thing, get all nervous, jump up at the end of every quarter to do whatever, cuss when they mess up, catch all the post game stuff, you know what I mean. Now I just sit there like a slug. I guess I'm kind of rooting for Orlando because of Dwight Howard, Sheed likes him so I do too. And I do hope Denver continues to play well because of Chauncey. I don't know ,I think I am just missing my team.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Team Softie decided to put all their eggs in game 3's basket by losing to a C's team that had Pierce playing 15 minutes and featured players like Brian Scalabrine, Eddie House, Rajon Rondo (another triple double) and Steph Marbury.
  8. LA Dre

Rafer Alston beotch slapped Eddie House after he hit a three ball and he may be suspended too....:)
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Nice :pound:
  10. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Seconded. LOL
  11. dba

Well, I'm having a blast watching the Celtics. Surely if the Magic lose this series SJG is gone. He has more wardrobe malfunctions than Curry and I'm not sure he's that much better a coach.

Last night's drubbing was without KG, basically without Pierce, and with Allen / Rondo only shooting 14-34. As much as I hated watching it go in last year, I'm coming to appreciate House's jumper. What a pretty shot.

There were so many offensive possessions where every Celtic touched the ball, everyone moving, everyone looking for an opportunity. It's been a long time since I saw five guys playing for each other so much of the time.

Friday night is the series. If the Celtics win it's all over and the Magic spend another summer scratching their heads.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The Magic do have HCA though. Those 3's drop a little better there.
  13. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Fact:

All teams get better without Rafer Alston.
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:pound: I was just going to post the same thing.

The return of Lee also helped.
  15. dba

Which was a step up from Nelson in my book. If the Magic continue to shed point guards they might actually win.

I don't get the Celtics though. House is having a perfect shooting night and they can't get the ball to him in the 4th? (He was 1-2 in the period) There were numerous possessions with Rondo or Pierce at the top with House wide open early in the clock 15 feet to their left. But, they choose to play through the offense which only provides shots for House with the clock running down. That's a coaching failure.
  16. LA Dre

Ray Allen and Rondo just aren't having the success they had against the Bulls.

If they lose game 4 they will NOT be coming back from a 3-1 deficit, even if they decide to suit up KG
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Mike Woodson is a lot more intelligent than Michael Curry.

Josh Smith is a loser. I can't understand how anyone thinks anything of him. He's got the bball IQ of a pencil sharpener.
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

4 or 5 times last night Mike Tirico and Hubie Brown would say something like, 'LeBron hasn't won anything yet and people are comparing him to Mike Jordan who has 6 rings. That's kind of ridiculous. When we come back Hubie, I want you to talk about how special LeBron is and where he ranks among the games best.'
  19. LA Dre

Like I said in an earlier thread, Big Baby was on the board when we took Afflolo and this dude cannot only hit the short jumpers consistently, but has the muscle to do the damage on the inside too. Dude was wide open.....9/14 shooting tonight..... But alas, we had JMAX so Joe passed...

Magic once again relied on the three ball and died shooting it. 5-27 ????

Turkloglu killed them in the 4th launching Jumper after jumper instead going to the hole or feeding Howard. Luckily they were in it because Lewis decided to go to the hoop in crunch time.

2-2 and now the Celtics have life...and we have see KG's mug and his antics on the bench for at least 2 more games. :(
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Yup, Hopefully Max and AJ were at home watching on their couches and not working on their games.