1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Eastern Playoffs 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Walter, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I feel the exact same way. I just can't freakin' stand even looking at them.. I know it's not good....

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Celtics and Bulls have eked out crunch time victories because of a key player Rose, Allen, Garnett making the key winning bucket(s) and their defense clamping down in crunch time...specifically on the last plays of the game.

We need that go to crunch time player ala Rose that can get to the rim without creating a offensive foul or getting blocked and more importantly we need that clamp down defense that wins games in the end and that is one thing that the Pistons lacked all season.....,

Can they find a defensive stopper and real go to guy in the offseason....probably not both, but the concentration on guys who can play defensive may get us to 40 victories and a 7th seed.....:sssh:...maybe

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree. Pistons need a stud like Rose that can take a game over at crunch time. When is the last time we have had anything close to that? Billups about 5 years ago?

4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Sixers just folded and fell to 0-3 against the Heat. They did well until midway into the 4th where they all of a sudden forgot to box out and kept on giving the Heat highlight reel after highlight reel on the defensive end. On the other side of the court, they kept on trying ISOs and taking bad shots. It was like watching the Pistons. I've never seen Elton Brand look so mad. Nobody expected the Sixers to win the series, but at least put up a fight. Sheesh.

BTW, I agree that we need a closer on the team. To be one, you gotta have the talent, the drive and the killer instinct. We don't have none of that on the team. Gordon is clinically depressed. Stuckey is too distracted at the end of games because he's trying to decide who he's going to hug first. The rest just don't have the talent to pull it off.

If you put Bynum's heart, Jerebko's hustle, and Gordon's shooting touch into Stuckey's body, that would make one Rose-like player. Unless Gores is a closet Dr.Frankenstein, we need to draft a crunch time player.

5. LA Dre

:) :MusicBigGrin::pound:

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Well, if you go by 82games' clutch stats, then Will Bynum is the clutchest player on the Pistons.

Top 10 clutch players in the NBA for 2011:
    1. Bryant (49.8 points per 48 minutes of clutch time with .402 FG%)
    2. Rose
    3. Williams
    4. James
    5. Ellis
    6. Durant
    7. Richardson
    8. Nowitzki
    9. Anthony
    10. Will Bynum (40.9 points per with .462 FG%)
    In clutch time, Bynum creates his own (i.e unassisted) on 84% of his FG's. The only player in the top 10 who creates more of his own is D. Rose. Bynum also dishes out 6.7 assists, grabs 6.7 rebs, and steals the ball 5.7 times per 48 min in clutch time. The steals figure is the most of anyone in the league. Ellis is the only player in the top 10 with a higher FG% than Bynum.

56. Rip Hamilton (25.5 points per, .371 FG%)
    79. Stuckey (23 points per, .378 FG%, 1.6 assists)
    84. Daye (22.5 points per, .476 FG%, .429 3P%)

So, in the limited clutch data from this year, having Bynum in for pure scoring creation and Daye to camp out at the 3-point line was the best strategy. Toss in Rip to catch and shoot mid-range.

Here is a strange stat. In 207 minutes of clutch time this year, Steve Nash was not assisted a single time.

In 52 minutes of clutch time, Kurt Thomas did not miss a single FGA. 8 for 8 shooting/ dunking.

Austin Daye was 6-14 from deep.

7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Van Dumby & Jameer, the league's dumbest one two coach point guard combination comspire to frustrate Howard and lose to the team in the league with the lowest average basketball IQ score (everybody except Hinrich). It's a pretty embarassing dumb and dumber series.

But, Howard has improved as much since last year as all his other years in the league combined. And he ain't going to hang out in Orlando for one minute longer than he has to.

8. Walter

I agree. Howard's done there. I wouldn't be surprised if he demands a trade after the Hawks beat them in Orlando to take the series 4-1.

9. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

This Orlando would be an awful team without Howard. They are not in the best of situations with the terrible contracts they got. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Howard is one of the few players who would by himself change a mediocre team to a pseudo-contender ala Magic by going there.

I'm still rooting for the Magic to turn this around since I would much rather watch Chicago play Orlando than Atlanta. They will need a miracle though.

10. Walter

I'm rooting for a Chicago/Boston ECF. As much as I hate Boston, there'd be nothing better than Boston beating Miami in the 2nd round.

11. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

LOL maybe Howard comes to the D?

PG Stuckey
    SG Gordon
    SF Jerebko
    PF Monroe
    C Howard

Would be pretty legit defensively.. Esp the front line.. Maybee the pingpong balls fall our way and we draft Kyrie irving.. shift stuckey to the 2.

12. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

or shift Stuckey to Sacramento.

14. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Boston should not have swept the Knicks. They should have played another 2 more games in order to buy time for Shaq to recover and play the Heat in the 2nd round. Heat will definitely wrap the series with the 76ers in game 5. This means that the matchup between Celts-Heat series will start this weekend and the Celts will be without Shaq. The Celts will definitely has more advantage with Shaq healthy in this series. That's how I feel.

15. Walter

True, but then there's always the risk of injury to KG. Fewer games overall maybe better for the Celts.

16. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Just cant do it. I could never root for Boston even against Miami. Boston must go down by any means necessary.

17. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

It was easy last year to root for Boston. In fact, I was rooting hard. No Sheed this year, so I can't freakin' stand them and can't wait until they are eliminated, I don't care by who.

18. Walter

I hate Miami more than Boston. That's why I hope Boston beats them.

At the end of the day I don't care who loses to the Thunder in the Finals.

19. LA Dre

I hate the Heat and the Celtics, and not to enamored with the Bulls since I am jealous of Rose skills compared to the guys on our team..:sssh:

I would not mind seeing the boring Hawks go to the finals vs the Thunder....with a Thunder win!

20. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Interesting...my one prediction thread leaves me at 2-0 after the 1st round.

In the Boston / Miami Series, I see Kevin pestering Bosh until he is no longer effective. I see Pierce stopping the King's offense. I see Boston winning this series with Miami's bottom 9 being exposed. I honestly believe that the Piston's bottom 9 are better than those guys...

The other series is more difficult to predict for me because I feel that Atlanta really has a chance. I will say that the game 1 winner will go on to win the series.