Eastern Playoffs 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Walter, Apr 17, 2011.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I concur....we needed that D in the paint more so than the threes in those ECF's....guess he was just to worn out to battle down there .

2. LA Dre

Defense wins titles and Thibodeau is the master there...still not sure why Joe didn't realize that in 2009 when he went with Quester....not to say that we didn't have the people in place, but they could have learned......

Anyway Game 1

Rose and Defense beats the three Miami Amigos...

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Very good game by Taj Gibson tonight. 2 of the better in-game dunks that I've seen this season.

Also, Rose, Deng, and Noah all had above average nights.

Hoping they can somehow repeat this next game.

Listening to Spoelstra's in game huddles was pretty uninspiring.

4. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Can't believe I'm rooting for the Bulls, but with the exception of Boozer, it's hard not to like these guys. As LB would say, they play the right way.

5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I'm there with you. Taj Gibson's dunk over Wade was sick.

This is a pretty good article btw:
    Bulls corral LeBron, win Game 1 - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

6. Walter

Well, ABM lost at home to the Heat. Rose had a really bad game, although the box score of 21pts, 8assists, and 6 rebounds suggest otherwise. He forced way too many shots and nothing seemed to be going in for him as he had 7/23 shooting night. It was a rough, grind it out style game, which would fit the Bulls' playing style, but they just didn't play very good team basketball. The series is far from over though, as I think they'll split the two games in Miami.

My boy Asik had an almost binary box score, but that dude is big and he plays smart defense. He gave Chicago some decent minutes in the 3rd and 4th periods allowing Noah to rest. That was the only positive for me in that game.

When they feel like it, Miami can play great defense as they did to close out the 4th quarter. But, I credit some of that to the sloppy play and lack of creativity of the Bulls. The entire team seemed to be lost when Rose's shots didn't go in.

7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's now up to TeeBo to earn the accolades. Spoelstra came through last night.

8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Coach Tibby would have been precisely what the Pistons needed (need). Defense is the formula in Detroit and that will never change.

9. LA Dre

Yep I have suggested that Joe sign Thibeau right after the C's took us down in 2008, but ignored my text messages and went with the table cloth. He had another chance to sign him in 2009 but went Klueless.

Now he has the Klueless one on a lameduck cliff, but is waiting for the new dude to approve new whipping boy...

10. LA Dre

Rose looked like Russell Westbrook last night going to the hoop for prayers that were not being answered. That was a tough defensive game for both teams and after a stalemate where both teams were stuck on 73 for almost five minutes, the Lebron broke free with the three and another hoop and the Heat outscored the Bulls 12-2 to close the game.

Udonis Haslem was definitely the secret weapon and difference maker in the third qtr to keep the game close so that the Heat could eventually pull away in the end. If he can provide the same thing the next couple of games, the Bulls are in trouble.

11. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

The players have played each other a handful of times this season and know each others tendencies to the point that astonishing "revelations" are out the window.

I don't think the coaches are going to matter much in this series, or better put, I don't think that the Heat winning this series will mean that Tibby was outcoached by Spoelstra, a guy who's probably 2 flameouts away from being replaced regardless of how smart he is.

12. SonicD 43

SonicD 43 First Round Draft Pick

Is anybody else watching this? I just turned it on and already had to turn it off. The bulls are winning, but this commentary makes me want to vomit. Bulls get two steals in a row and all they have to say is that Lebron let Rose have the dunk cause he respects him so much and knows he can't stop him because he is too fast. Even when bron is beat and gives up they give him the excuse that he is to smart to try.

Wouldn't it of been more impressive if he didn't give up on the play especially since he stood a good chance of blocking it and at the very least he could of made it more difficult.

13. LA Dre

There will be no comebacks this season by the Bulls or Thunder.

Pat Riley has done what most NBA experts thought would happen and that was field a team that would be going to the finals probably multiple times...lets just hope that the Mavs can find at least two players to help Dirk out or because despite the Mavs last minute heroics last night, if you let the Heat hang around they will find a way to beat you.

It didn't happen that way in the regular season, but the post season is the only one the counts. While Eddie House and Big Z were there to help the big 2.5 get to the post season, it has been Haslem and Miller who have stepped up here in the ECF to show the world that all you needed was good role players to help out the big superstars.

The defense on Rose was great and can't understand why they couldn't get the ball to Deng or Boozer because the MVP thought he had to have it in his hands for the crucial shots down the stretch....especially with LeBron checking him

Looks like Kenny will be getting his fishing pole out on Thursday and I am calling it now that Oprah will be in the :fish2:

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Rose was having success driving by Lebron... not sure why they iso'd him in critical situations as he couldn't even hit the rim trying to shoot over a dude that can get up 13+ feet.

Bulls were WAY too turnover prone. At least 21 turnovers. I remember a 2 turnover game by Chauncey and the Pistons in the post season.

Having Asik out really hurt the Bulls. Not sure why they didn't go to Kurt Thomas.

15. Walter

Another thing that really hurt the Bulls was Boozer's defense, or lack thereof. Steve Kerr actually called it "statuesque defense"; as in just standing there.

Everybody was fawning over LeBron, but it was Wade that made some crucial defensive plays in OT.

One thing for sure though, Chicago didn't lose much last offseason by settling for Boozer after they couldn't land Bosh. Six of one, half a dozen the other.

16. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I especially like hearing the in game conversation turn to how great of a defender Lebron is ....how he can easily guard positions 1-4.... and shut down anyone when he puts his mind to it.

Dirk better savor these moments with Collison. Next round he'll be playing the part of Lebron's punching bag.

17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep to those who said it above.

An entire coaching staff and two timeouts and the best they can do is to isolate Rose above the three point line with James guarding him???? The Bulls braintrust isn't exactly showing big in this series.

18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Even a casual internet fan like me can see that the Bulls should be playing inside-out on offense. Chicago has advantages but keeps insisting on not using them.

19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Ernie's getting angry!!!

20. Walter

Go ABM!

We believe!