ECF Game 3 Celtics/Pistons Sat. May 24th 8:30 PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by Dlev59, May 23, 2008.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Re: ECF Game 3 Celtics/Pistons Sat. May 24th 8:00 PM

Celtics just toying with everybody.
    They had that second notch all along.
    Your turn Pistons.
  2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I thought that win in BOS was a little fluky.

I hate this. Just lose already. This team pisses me off.

Defense is constant. Offense will win you a game or two.

Also how long are we going to get outrebounded, and killed by Rondo until Flip plays AA or Amir ?? I'd really appreciate if Flip could five me a timetable.
  3. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Stuckey's energy off the bench is huge for us. What is it going to take for Flip to go to our defensive energy player. AA needs to take Linds place. Hunter is running out of energy and AA's size will be an advantage for him. MAke the change Flip!!!!

All I am going to say is Afflalo = DNP-CD = Loss!!!!! It is not that difficult to figure out????? :nerd2:
  4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I`ll take it even further, start AA with Stuckey, and Amir in place of Dyess. That gives us a starting unit of AA, Stuckey, J-Max, Amir and Sheed, with Dyess, CB, Tay and Rip coming off the bench!

I know somebody who would love that lineup!
  5. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

You're right about Flip. He just seems helpless or even paralyzed when things begin to go badly on the court.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I could understand helpless if I saw him trying to save himself.

But I'm sitting here, alone at home, trying to stay positive and keep from getting worked up, and I see this guy, and he looks like he's got his mind on something else, and being at the game right now is a big inconvenience.

Like he's waiting for a bus or something.

And it sets me off inside.

These people are going to give me an ulcer.
  7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

40-40-40-40-40

Those min will get to anybody. I don't care who you are.

And no he won't.
  8. max

max All-Star

I thought the defense was fine for the most part - especially in the 2nd half. When you can't grab those boards or make shots - you are not going to win. Can't keep giving the C's all those 2nd chances. At least the Pistons won the 3rd and 4th quarters, at least gave the C's something to think about.

Billups should be ashamed after a game like that. what in the heck was his problem? Not only the poor shooting but what was up with all the stupid plays? I could not believe when the Pistons had the momentum, down by 9, but still had the momentum how he passed it to one of the Celtic players shoes with no one else near.

Any coach would be scratching their heads after that game. Just because he is not jumping up and down calling everyone idiots does not mean he does not care. You can't pin this one on Flip. Did he order Billups and Tay to miss 98% of their jump shots?

Stucky was the one bright light in this one, and how the team came back. Maybe they can keep using that trap in game 4. If there was an extra quarter to that game then I think they would have pulled it out.

C'mon people, its a 7 game series alright?
  9. Syg

Syg First Round Draft Pick

Anyways... if you see your guys are not responding inside the court... what could you do?
    I, as anyone here, would swap their arrogant asses with the guys on the bench that want to win (except for McDyess, like Stuckey). But if you're the coach... and suddenly you put the bench guys... and you lose, damn, its going to be the hell with you.

Btw, whats going on with the cheerings? Oh, yeah, there was nothing to cheer about when you see your players giving the game away in the 2nd quarter.

Im angry as hell. Its too much suffering for them, and they seem not to deserve it. Seriously. We deserve an apologize.

Thats what they have to do, go out there and say: "We're sorry to you all. We're giving this series to the Celtics by default, because between losing in the court or in the papers, we would rather lose in the papers".
  10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'm very happy about the Wings and ticked (not at all surprised) about the Pistons...but earlier today I was reading some of the stories about what happened to families and individuals in China recently and this stuff just doesn't seem very important. Don't lose sleep over it.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That is true. In fact when they interviewed him before the second half, he said something to the effect of "we just need to make shots." Flip was officially on the record as pro-make and the players vetoed him.
  12. b-diddy

b-diddy Second Round Draft Pick

the play ill remember was ~3 minutes left, down 9, sheed let a rebound slip by him that was clearly his. he made no effort on it. reminescent of 06 when the heat beat us when sheed supposedly had a bad ankle.

the way garnett has gone off this series and sheed has done %%%%, im done saying that sheed could be as good of a player if he wanted to be. maybe that was true one day, but no more.
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How many of us saw this let down coming? Reminds me of the 30 all time greatest game when the Crowd was geeked and the pregame warm-up was off the hook and then the players refused to participate in the party. :yellowprison:

Remember Rip's comments after game 2>>>"we're going back to the palace tied, you know, and our fans will be there you know, and we got the best fans in the NBA you know and that should be the key to our winning there, you know":sssh:

Well you all know he delivered a 2-9 shooting performance in the first half to contribute to our 18 point halftime deficit. I think Tay was 1-7 during that first half and CB was 0-1. if not for Stuckey and Max's 7 points a piece in the first half, they would have been down 25+.

Third game in the last 4 vs the Celtics where Piston could barely exceed 80 pointsand have lost all of three of them. We are not going to beat these guys unless we score 90+ and it hard getting there when you only have 32 at halftime.

That stretch with Allen and KG on the bench with foul trouble near the end of one and the first part of the second qtr was disastrous as we let Posey and Cassell beat us with those two 3's and also let PJ do more damage. Why we couldn't score during this stretch is beyond me.

Meaningless stats

points in the paint Celtics 36 Pistons 22
    Rebounds Celtics 44 Pistons 28
    Three pointers Celtics 5-14, Pistons 1-13

Game 4 >Maybe we start Stuckey and bring CB in to spell him? We are getting killed on the boards by KG and Perk...maybe we stick AJ in there to counter this??After all don't expect Tay or Max to get any. Maybe we play Alf to back up Tay instead of playing him 44 minutes a game...He had nothing in the second half.

They have to win games 4, 5 and six to win the series. Don't trust a game 7 in Bostespn.
  14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Who could that be. Sounds like a genious.
  15. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

I love how everyone freaks out after a loss. The reason we lost today isn't because of Flip. Tay and Billups sucked this game, they were horrible and Sheed wasn't too good either.

We got out rebounded by damn near 20 rebounds, 28 to Bostons 44. None of our starters were rebounding, we played like crap. What do you guys want Flip to do, empty the bench? Sure if we put Amir Johnson in he would probably get some rebounds but he would get burned on D by Garnett. Not to mention the foul trouble he would get in. I really don't think Amir would account for the missing 16 rebounds either, and even if he did the kid would get burned by Garnett, they would attack him he's just not ready to guard Garnett and the likes.

And all this AA playing is stupid too. He's not going to shutdown Paul Pierce, thats a joke. Not to mention that Pierce wasn't the one doing the damage today, Boston had balanced scoring. So what is AA going to do? Shutdown Ray Allen? He isn't doing anything either. He shot 5 for 16 and scored 14 points. Its hard to shut the guy down more then that. AA is not really a scorer either so basically playing AA would be pointless. No matter how much you guys want to believe playing AA would solve all our problems it wouldn't.

The reason we lost today is because we came out playing like crap and we never showed up to the game. Tay and Billups were horrid and the rest of the starters expect for Rip weren't anything special.

We need to come out with intensity and rebound the ball. Our starters need to show up, we're not going to win if they don't show up, plain and simple.
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:pound:

After that game 2, Doc Rivers shot anyone down that wanted to talk to him about Allen's offense or offense in general saying i don't give a f. Our defense was awful. We win with defense.
  17. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

What really killed the Pistons tonight was that they took way too many crappy three attempts and got killed on the boards. These problems are not unrelated.

Apart from the threes, they didn't actually shoot that badly. They got outrebounded 44-28. :yuck:

Now the Pistons have to win three out of four, with two games in Boston. It looks like the league may get the Celtics-Lakers matchup they've been praying for.
  18. philpiston32

philpiston32 First Round Draft Pick

Game 4: Get the W
    Game 5: Repeat Game 2
    Game 6: Repeat Game 4

Yah, i know im talking as if it's that easy. But if sheed and the Pistons can find back that lost heart, passion and will, then we can get this job done.
  19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Unreal. That didn't take long. That "comeback" attempt was symbolic of this teams contender status. High on fluff and short on substance. The pressure was gone but the poor reboudning stayed.

CB, Tay etc didn't score because player X shut them down, they just can't move the ball and get open. I meant to say this last game, but Tay must be the worst wing player in the L at feeding the post.

If you want a team to play good for one game and get people talking about them, this is the team. They can't play well for multiple games. One game un-did all the good of G2. Unreal.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Did any of the Pistons make any post game comments other than Flip? Were they ashamed or embarrassed?

Celtics sent Doc, Ronjo, Perkins, KG and Pierce to the podium, but all I saw up there for the Pistons was Flip saying that we didn't make shots...