ECF Game 4 Celtics/Pistons Mon. May 26th 8:30 PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, May 25, 2008.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

ECF Game 4 Celtics/Pistons Mon. May 26th 8:30 PM

[​IMG]

Starring James Posey

[​IMG]

and of course, Rodney "Hot Rod" Stuckey

[​IMG]
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Lets get this one. Chauncey and Sheed need to get on track. Tayshaun needs to stop looking lost on offense. Rip needs to stop taking stupid shots. Maxiel needs to bring energy. Dice needs to get the ball more. Stuckey should stay the same or even do better.
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

So far the responses of the 3 coaches left in the PO's to struggling or just generally have been to go deeper into their bench, Will Flip?

This is the 1st game that i will be able to watch live.

If Amir plays, he will rebound. I don't want to hear about him getting pushed around by KP. He's pushing around everybody.

If AA plays Rondo will not get into the paint at will.

If Stuckey or Max starts the energy will be way up.

If Tay plays less than 40 and gets a blow, he might actually be effectice.

If we lose thing game, it's a step closer to getting rid of Flip, "We didn't make shots, I can't get out of the conference finals" Saunders.

edited to add;

I also think a good idea would be to go small, but i know this probably won't happen.
  5. philpiston32

philpiston32 First Round Draft Pick

make or break. a sad place to be
  6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yet it's a place where 28 other teams would like to be right now....
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

9.8 DR
    I don't think it gets tougher than this.
  8. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Erase the past, make this 2-2 under any other scenario, and we would still be stoked.

Pistons win tonight and they have as good of a chance as anyone to win the series and make it to the finals.

Personally, I think they will take this season as far as possible before disappointing the fans. it's like lpgirl said (paraphrase) "just lose already!"

You bastards! (The Pistons of course) :)

I honestly expect them to drag it out and give us hope upon hope before they disappoint. Its the only way they (and we) know.
  9. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I'm gonna take half day off to watch this game. Almost all my colleagues and my boss knew I'm takin leave to watch this game. 60% of my colleagues are younger than me and doesn't watch NBA at all. So, don't disappoint me and make me look stupid if they knew I took half day off to watch a bunch of losers play basketball losing at home, 2 straight.

If they win this game, I'm gonna take another half day off to watch game 5. So, let's play with some HEART, play with ENERGY and WIN THIS GAME & SERIES!!!
  10. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I hope you need to take a half-day off to watch game 5 jzchen.
  11. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

OK, I wanna take half day off to watch game 5. Nuff said.
  12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I vote lpgrl26 for coach! :good:
  13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK, I'M PUTTING TV ON The back porch, say a prayer for my fellow vets, mia's, pow's and fallen heroes, crack open a high life, enjoy my wife's cooking, split the Wings and Pistons and thank God I'm still alive.

....if we win , that's just the icing on the cake

....if we lose, life is still better than cake...-hqism

see yall tonight!

preSENT ARMS!
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Aww i feel so special. First Cloudwalker's quoting my pessimism, and now this. LOL Who cares if we lose? j/k

I'm going to make myself watch this game. Even sometimes when i have nothing to do i Tivo for my nerves. This is kind of (in a way) our last hoorah so i guess here it goes.
  15. max

max All-Star

Even if we lose and Flip gets fired. Its going to get harder and harder to make it to the ECF so you have to hope that they do take advantage of the opportunity - c'mon..
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I do hope they win, but I want more than making it to the ECF every year . . .

Also can we somehow quarantine BOS fans and put them on their own island or something ? They're like an infectious disease that keeps spreading (or maybe like pink eye). Even being near them causes you to lose brain cells.
  17. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

But is a couple steps back for more steps forward that bad?

I'm not endorsing anything in particular, but lets flash forward to a few years from now, and pretend Joe pulled the trigger on Rip and Sheed for Amare Stoudemire.

Wouldn't we be much better two years from now then, than two years from now if Joe just sat on his thumbs?

I'm just sayin'.... Sometimes change is good, and sometimes you need to take a couple steps back to move even further forward....etc, etc.
  18. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I'm an angry Piston fan right now. I'm so disgusted how they played the other night. Absolutely no excuse for that trash. I don't mind at all losing to the Celtics if we leave it all out on the floor. What the Pistons did last game was not just a loss. It was a disgrace. I bet Dumars is as ticked off as I am right now. This team will not be back as it is next year. You can be certain of that. I don't even have the stomach to watch those guys tonight but I probably will just because I'm a Piston fan. Those Pistons disgraced the uniform they put on last game. And I'm sick of being jerked around by these half-hearted, I'll play if I want to, clowns. We had the Celtics right where we wanted them and gave it all away without a fight. I hope Dumars cleans house. In fact, I don't even have to hope. It will happen this summer if he can find a team or two to sheist. He's not going to do anything rash or stupid but you can bet he is already formulating a plan to sheist someone. If I were another GM, I wouldn't even talk to Dumars. He's not perfect (drafting Darko). But he took his huge blunder and turned it into gold (Stuckey). He is the GM of the decade in my opinion regardless of sport.
  19. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Buckeyes, you're an asset to the forum. It's not just because I'm drunk and it's memorial day:)

Here I thought I was the bitter drunk posting up on PF.com today, and then you just posted what I've been thinking, and that's awful, but I agree wholeheartedly.

Here's to you, being you, much love.

:cheers:

Cheers!:)
  20. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

If a healthy energetic Stuckey starts...Pistons win.

If a wounded Billups starts...50/50.

It's just postponing the inevitable, though. Before this series started I said Celtics in 6.

Lose tonight and it goes 5. Win tonight and Detroit POSSIBLY stretches it to 7 before losing...:stirthepot:

Teams I want to win the ship:

1. Detroit:party2:

2. San Antonio (I'm ok with that).:decision:

3. Boston (yuck).:mmph::rain:

4. The Kobes (pleasssseeee NO)! :icon_evil::ill::gaah::puke: