ECF Game 6 Celtics/Pistons Fri. May 30th, 8:30 PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 29, 2008.

1. SonicD 43

SonicD 43 First Round Draft Pick

I can already see flips press conference

"We had some good looks"
    "Our shots weren't falling"
    "We weren't hitting shots"...

2. deathray

deathray Second Round Draft Pick

I also think the better team won. Early in the season, it was supposed to be the big 3, and some other guys. Clearly they put together a good TEAM. They consistently had other guys step up and make plays. This may be their only year for a shot, however, as their age showed through the playoffs. Whatever happens this year, the Lakers will be scary next year with a healthy Bynum.

I feel the worst for McDyess. He doesn't deserve this. You could argue, though, that he was closer with this team than he ever was before.

3. philpiston32

philpiston32 First Round Draft Pick

4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Again, if this team would have won after giving a 100% effort, I would have nothing to get angry about.

Someone tell me, how could the two players (Rip and CB) who were supposed to be injured, be the only players to show up at an elimination game, at home?

Sheed`s antics has run it`s course. He was done after the game on Wednesday night. The Celtics were clearlly in his head and took him totally out of his game.

Tay is very inconsitent, he is the one Piston that other teams would show some interest in, along with Rip, but I wouldn`t trade Rip.

What a puzzling team this is, changes must be made, immediately!

5. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Why is everyone feeling so sorry for dyess. He had a bad game. Feel sorry for the fans, who get the hearts broken for 3 straight years.

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Are there chat's for the Summer League? They'll be stacked if Stuckey and AA play.

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Dice was closest in 2005.

I feel really bad for him. But then I remember, I don't have a title or $8 million dollars in income this year.

So I feel a little sorry for me too. :)

8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

somebody should update team's salaries. NOW they are everybody's interest.

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I hve the same feeling i had when we were bounced out the playoffs in the teal days. NOTHING!! A piston fan? Yes! A basketball purist? Even more. There was nothing Flip did in the last 3 years to show me HE would coach this team to a Finals.

1. Flip gone. Replaced by Porter, Curry, Hunter, and Cowens, hopefully.

2. Prince, Sheed, or Dice may be gone. I'd like to see Prince as that 6th man that I think he is.

3. Next year will be last for Hamilton.

4. Will still win Central.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Let the Piston eulogy begin...Flip now 0-3 in getting to the finals with the Pistons and 0-4 all together. In other words for the 4th time in his career he was not able to win game 11, and finish losing 4-2

8 pt lead at the end of the 3rd and they come out an lay an egg similar to what they did in game 3. and on their home floor. Even the Hawks and Cavs defended their court and our chokers [strike]sheed[/strike] could not get the job done. All the hoopla about Rip's arm was a ruse as he and Billups carried the team in the first half with 31 of the Pistons 37 points.

Tay was awful in the first half but came alive in the second, except for falling asleep and letting Posey still that pass that basically ended the Piston season.

Dice only took three shots????? WTF was he doing that he couldn't get open???

Sheed ^$%##$$% he should have got 2 T's in game 5 so he could have sat out this one... Maybe he didn't like to be called out by Rip and Hunter about the Hugging Garnett issue.

tonights meaningless stat > Celtics 38 pts in the paint, Pistons 11

11. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Yeah, and loves to yall, loves to Roscoe and loves to the whole PF.com administration. Wow it's summer holiday.

12. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

Just can't believe the Pistons up by 10 in the 4th quarter and they lose this game. The turning point was Maxiell being taken out and Dice coming back in the game. What was Flip thinking? Sheed was a big distraction tonight with all the players holding their breath to see if he was going to pick up his 7th technical. Joe Dumars does have some work to do but the core of this team is still solid and the upside the Pistons have young talent that will get their chance.

Flip Saunders refusing to play some of his better chess pieces (Amir, Affalo and Jarvis) is the nail in his coffin. The Celtics didn't exactly play much of their youth either (Big Baby, Leon Powe) but they have hungry vets that have never tasted this level of success before. The starting line-up of the Pistons just don't play with that fire in their eyes and hunger because it's hard climbing up that mountain every year especially if you've been to the top once before.

The player the Pistons should trade is Sheed, he's a high chip player because he plays great D and is a fiery player even with his propensity for Ts.

I bet Joe Dumars is going to have a busy summer fielding calls and making some deals.

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm strangely relieved. I learned today that the Celtics were a better team this year. Incontrovertible evidence. The refs helped out the home team so much, it was unreal. And the Pistons couldn't do it. Rip was not injured, CB was not injured, noone was injured. The TEAM was not good enough. Congrats to the Celtics. They kept their composure and battled in the trenches.I thought I hated the Celtics, but after seeing their players' reactions after winning, I hate them less. They REALLY wanted to win, and the Pistons didn't.

i still hate the media for ramming Lakers-Celtics down our throats the whole season. Scott Van Pelt made comments after the game about tv execs celebrating, as if he wasn't one of those responsible for the hype machine, then a few minutes later, he practically swoons about how amazing it is that the Celtics are in the Finals. That bugs the heck out of me. Still I can't decide who I want to see win the whole thing. It's gonna take me a while to decide. It's been great to see you all in here this season. It's going to be an interesting off-season!

GO PISTONSFORUM.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. roscoe36

You're nominated. PM me with the updates. :) ;)

15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yeah, I feel the same way, but I don't think I feel that way this time because of Flip. Losing to an inferior team in the playoffs is fair game for blaming the coach, generally speaking, but this time it's clear that the entire package--players and coach--just wasn't good enough.

16. SonicD 43

SonicD 43 First Round Draft Pick

Just want to say I HATE FLIP!

Not that I am the only one or anything like that I just need to vent to someone who cares (the wife and kids just don't get it).

Also how the hell do we come out of a time out in the fourth send the ball straight to Sheed for a 3 ball when he is shooting what 20%?

Max - edit. Its ok to vent, just keep it clean.

17. roscoe36

Thanks brothers. :D

18. max

max All-Star

Well. Before the post-season I did not think we could beat the Celts. After seeing how they melted down on the road I started to believe. Give them some credit, they grew as a team this series ( Pistons seem to have that knack ) and found ways to win on the road.

Our frontcourt was exposed. And I can't undertand how Maxiel saw such limited mins in these final 2 games after how great he was playing. With Sheed becomming more of a distraction it was pretty much up to Dyess to make up the difference.

Changes definetly need to be made. No doubt about that. I thought last year changes would be made and they were not, this time I think Dumars has to. We just cannot win with this core anymore.

Plus side.

We still have Stucky.
    Amir should play.
    Most of the players are still young.
    New coach - Flip is in the final year of his contract. Its time to extend him or cut him, what do you think Dumars will decide?

We can still be competitive and will be competitive next yeat but its time for Dumars to dig into his old bag of tricks and pull off something that will put us over the top again.

19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yeah, ain't that the truth. These bloviating windbags act like they're not the ones creating all the hype in the first place!

20. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Thank you, forum! It has been funnier than I ever could imagine. Pistons should learn from this forum how to show up every day!