ECFinals Game 6 At Cleveland June 2 8:30PM

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by max, Jun 1, 2007.

1. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

:cheers:

2. 4cwebb

4cwebb First Round Draft Pick

Third, P.O.P.

For the first time all series in Game 5, the Pistons figured out how to play a little offense. They forgot down the stretch and turned the ball over enough to allow the Cavs back in the game, but I'm hoping they build on their offensive success from Game 5 in Game 6.

The Cavs, on the other hand, didn't really have any offensive success outside of Lebron's other-worldly night. If he doesn't have it tonight, will his teammates be able to step up after getting used to watching him carry them? It will be interesting to watch and see.

Thankfully this is a weekend game so I can watch at my house (Sunday morning in Tokyo). I missed most of the end of regulation and both overtimes of Game 5 when my boss walked into my office (so I couldn't pay attention to the broadcast). No interruptions this morning, so I'm hoping to watch 48 minutes of solid Piston basketball and a season-extending win.

3. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Rip Hamilton's got to play like an MVP tonight.

Just in case he doesn't, though, here's something for the folks with Lebowski avatars to work with. :ohwell:

[​IMG]

4. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Give me defence, defence to make'em pay to make'em think twice. Go Pistons.

5. vincy4fish98

vincy4fish98 Bench Warmer

Got my beer in hand. If we keep playing hard and leave everything on the floor I like our chances.

6. 4cwebb

well, Cavs' role players playing very well in the first quarter. Can't say the same for the Pistons at this point --- nothing from the bench in the 1st quarter, and Nazr in the game for a worthless two minutes.

36 minutes left to turn it around.

7. 4cwebb

Delay b/w first and second quarter probably ended up helping the Pistons...at least the Pistons played better in the second quarter. Cavs shouldn't even be tied at this point were it not for the free throw parade at the end of the second quarter.

Pistons need to step up and get defensive rebounds in the second half. CWebb and Sheed with 5 total rebounds, and Big Z was all over the boards after CWebb tried to play better defense on the P&R.

I'd like to see Tay get it going on offense early in the second half, and for Rip to continue his roll (which really opened up the lane for CWebb to get a few chances as well). Defense has played Lebron pretty well --- hopefully his teammates do not replicate their first quarter performance, and Lebron has a difficult time getting going in the second half. I'm sure he's going to force the issue as much as possible (including taking three steps to the basket as often as the refs will allow).

Pistons started turning it around in the second quarter...time to win the next 24 minutes.

8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Utter collapse in the 4th quarter...and Sheed gets tossed after fouling out. I am ASHAMED of this team. No other word for what I feel about this bunch.

9. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Yup. It's over.

10. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

First, they are too arrogant for their own good. Second, they should have known with the ref crew that this was going this way. Third, Stern wanted it this way.

11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

No more Tay avatar for me either, after he turned in a grand total of ONE good quarter in this ENTIRE series. He was massively, completely, totally outplayed by Daniel F'ing Gibson. Then again, so was almost everyone else on the Pistons.

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Flip Saunders basically said he could care less about the game, he was not going to play Maxiell. Who needs a bench. Sure, he played Flip Murray and Hunter, to our total detriment. But no functional bench. No bench with a point guard to run it. Tonight was a culmination of a season with the most disjointed, unorganized, irregular, never know who was going to play, bench ever.

And we got to watch Dyess brick outside jumpers all night long. To the good, at least Flip played Dale Davis some.

I wonder who our next coach will be. As far as I know, Karl is safe for the moment in Denver, so at least that nightmare can't happen. And Bird took another total loser off the market for us. At least Dumars can't make that bad a choice.

Oh the game. No defense. Thats right, we did not use Maxiell in the game except for a couple of minutes to end the half, and that only due to some foul trouble. Just like last time Maxiell got a lot of minutes in a game, he sits the next one out. Saunders dare not let Maxiell get into any kind of rythm. Note, Maxiell made most of his free throws the last couple of games, there was no more excuse. Tonight, Cleveland had its choice of open shooters most times down.

Gibson came up huge for them. Everyone please note, Gibson is a rookie. You know, one of those type of players not allowed to play, at all, for the Pistons. If he was on our team, he would be doing what Blalock is doing, watching in street clothes.

Ok, Dumars has one more chance. Three straight coaches who would not play rookies. And from what I hear, the one before that wanted to play some young guys, but Dumars refused the request. Still, I say give him one more chance. If he brings in yet another loser who won't develop young players, he needs to be booted to the curb.

Rip hit some shots. Webber and Sheed scored some. CB did not shoot much. Tay could not hit anything. Delfino got 4 minutes. Anyone notice the insult at the end there-having him report into the game. Total complete lack of class on Saunders part.

Our bench gave us virtually nothing. The highlight of the bench scoring was that triple by Hunter, who thankfully just played his last game as a Piston. I am pretty sure Webber is gone too, and that will certainly help our D next year.

Yes, the refs were horrible, and all for Cleveland tonight. The pushout called against Tay was about the worst call ever. I am sure everyone will be listing them, but hey, you can overcome some bad calls. If you have a coach. We did not have one tonight. I'm done posting for a while, going to give it a break. See you all in a couple of months.

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well the game was lost as we know in the 4th.. Flip sent Hunter and Murray out there to start the 4th and left Gibson open to hit 2 quick threes.

Tay was the missing man in the series. Tay not only tanked it in 5 out of 6 games, but allowed he allowed Boobie to hit the rest of his threes in the 4th. Boobie outscored the Pistons in the 4th by himself.

CWebb tried in the last two games but we all knew that this was Cavs series to lose based on how the first five games played out.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'd like to file a complaint.

... and, not that it matters, but both teams made 28 baskets. It just didn't feel like it.

15. LA Dre

Good LeeCap man
    This series was loss on arrogance, bad coaching, sterns refs and the Pistons game five defensive collapse. We knew the Cavs would win game six. We should have won game 5 in regulation........They were hungrier and could hit the shots when needed. Flip is to soft and Joe needs to replace him. Mike Brown was in his players face and Flip goes out to talk to his assistants during his time outs.

16. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

Well that was a lot of fun, only NOT! Why were we so outcoached in this series? I still believe in my heart of hearts the Pistons are a better team. Even with Sheed having a meltdown the game was already lost since the Pistons had nothing to counterpunch with. I'm just hoping Delfino asks for a trade because it's obvious there is no role on this team as long as Flip Saunders is the coach. Maxiell is just so underutilized and when you don't cultivate your best resources (i.e. Amir Johnson) it's going to come back and bite you in the behind.

Joe Dumars has to do some soul searching here and I think he can retool and get the Pistons back to a high level of playing but until there is a new coach, you can forget a championship ring. I just can't see Bill Davidson a notoriously frugal owner shelling out bucks to pay off Saunders on his remaining contract and what coach would we even sign to replace him?

What a pathetic showing for an all-important 6th game of the ECF. Just a note that Delfino didn't even get into the game sitting by the scorer's table with 2 minutes plus. So that might be the last time we see him in a Piston's uniform. He really looked unhappy on the bench the last few games and I don't blame him.

17. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Delfino may have looked unhappy on the bench, but he also played like crap whenever he got in the game. If he wants to go somewhere else at this point, then good luck to him, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

18. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

fourth....

oh I don't know...

this is so much crap :yellowprison:

19. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

why does it always come down to one play?

Sheed leaves Horry open.

Chauncey takes a three to end the game when we are tied in game 5.

This team should have been up 3-2.

20. LA Dre

yeah I didn't see any growth in Delfino this season. Dump him along with Hunter, Davis, Dupree, Murray and Nazr. The bench hasn't been right since the 04.....