ECFinals Game 6 At Cleveland June 2 8:30PM

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by max, Jun 1, 2007.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think David Stern is at home in his bedroom dancing in his underwear, watching replays of the fourth quarter and kissing Lebron James rookie card.

2. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

face it. Joes going to have to bust up the starting 5 to get what this team needs in here.

3. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

:pound:

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Ok, I didn't think it was possible, but my night just got worse! :pound:

5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Whats killing me now is that they aint even calling Gibson "Daniel" anymore...Now its bOOBIE Gibson! aghhhhhh!
    My final breakdown:

TAY- Like I said for years. If we drafted Melo or Bosh, he would have been the best 6th man since Micheal Cooper or even Havlicek. a difference maker on defense who cangive u big points and 3's. This loss was not his fault cuz he should only be averaging 25 MPG.

SHEED- He needs anger management. HE's a mental case who' only addige has been "When he comes to play....." He is on the way out and its obvious he dont respect Flip. MUST GO!!!!!!

WEBBER- Godly talent with devilish knees. A perfect example of what happens when u sell your soul to the devil at a young age( check out the career of the fab 5). It wasnt like we really needed something from him other than "an offensive presence" . Flip got what he wanted. BUT he's OUT

BILLUPS- IF ANYBODY mentions All-D-team and his name AGAIN, i will blot out the sun. The most overhyped player in the Eastern conference, I would like to see him go, but not for peanuts. We had a chance to get a TJ Ford last year and let him go to Toronto. Mike James is still a good fit here if we get more production up front. He's lost his status here in Motown. The sun has set with this bigtoothed grinning , 3 point jacking up, loser.

HAMILTON- Aside from the fact that his point guard forgot how to run the chase and curl, I have no probs with Rip. Hemakes 3 bonehead plays a game, but he is as quick as they come and aggresive on D. but he's a $1.50 soaking wet and maybe better set for the West Conf with Billups. Id trade them both for Kobe or at least one for Iverson.

DAVIS- totally underappreciated and underused by Flip who thot it was better to suck up to Sheed and Webb , than play DD.
    He'll retire.

MCDYESS- three years. 0 RINGS. U think he would have been more productive as Mem's replacement if we would have kept Big Nasty?////
    I think he stays. Just based on character alone.

MURRAY/MOHAMMAD- THERE IS A REASON that we call it PISTON DNA. Some players have it, some coaches have it, some fans hav it! Those who dont have it, DONT GET WHAT WE RE TALKING ABOUT!!! these two didnt and dont GET IT...Outta here!

MAX/DELF/AMIR/BLALOCK...I say let em play till they pass out. No less tahn 40 minutes per game.

DUPREE/HUNTER- Excellent character. They'll look good in suits next year.

FLIP SAUNDERS- I hate to say I told u so. BUT. THE COACH has to be accountable for something. This team on the court refelcted the team that we didnt see oFF the court. His press conf after the game was a joke. No fire. No accountablity. Decides to play more guys in the game AFTER a doulble OT instead of during the playoffs. Its like I said ..PISTON DNA. U cant bring a Western Conf loser to win wih A East Conf FINALIST. Dumars biggest mistake EVER!!!!

At least NOW i can get a lil sun...and go fishing...

rats!

6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I wanted to :puke: in Bill Russell's lap when he said to Lebron "Make me proud."

7. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

No, Delfino didnt play like crap.. this game for instance he had a steal and an assist in 2 minutes.. give me a break thats pure energy right there and he penetrated to give the assist which is something the pistons have been looking for this whole year.

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Word up HQ could not have said it better myself, although I ain't sold on Delfino or Blaylock yet. They were out there and didn't produce...but maybe more minutes would have convinced me.

Definitely agree that about the 2nd pick fiasco in 2003. However that should be Joes #1 bad decision and then the Flip hiring is #2

9. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Yes, Sanders deserves a lot of blame. He can't make an adjustment for nothing. But this team ran too long without help. The blame starts with the owner and Dumars. Lets please start there first. We didn't make even a minor move to help us get into the finals. No excuse for that.

You can't stand still in the NBA. And we haven't added a "piece" for three years. We are not the new kids on the block. We are being beaten by youth and speed.

The championship window now seems closed. Not that the team is too old--it is too old without major young talent as part of the equation. We have one more year but it is probably too late unless we make some serious moves. The Cavs, Bulls and Heat (after retooling will be better). It has been a great run but it could have been extended and wasn't.

10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Flip was scared. He just isn't a top coach for the NBA. Everyone rips on him for not playing the bench. He did it this season. He did not have an iron fist, and never made adjustments. He got out coached by one of the least experienced coaches in the history of the NBA. Nazr Mohammad? What are you doing? Starting Lindsey and Flip in the 4th quarter? No plays inside either. The Pistons only took it inside when they stopped calling plays and took it to the rack full force. Funny thing is they scored consistently while doing that. I had hope that the trio of coaches would all use their strengths to help the Pistons out coach their opponents. He must go before guys like Amir take his weak style. Get a guy who will makes these guys play their 110%.

Chauncey why in the hell would you only take 7 shots. I don't what is going to happen this offseason. I was amazed at how he was dominated by Jason Williams in 06. This time he got owned by a 2nd round rookie. Today's game reminded me of Game 7 against the Spurs. Chauncey was worn out, and he makes horrible decisions when he is tired. If the Pistons don't get a legit backup for him, then we will see the same thing out of him again. We all saw what he was capable of in 04.

Rip was the only Piston who came to play today.

Tayshaun needs to stop playing so long. I hope he doesn't play for Team USA because he needs the rest. Their is Delfino and Amir to back him up. Why does he play 45 minutes a game?? He should be in the upper 20s lower 30s. We would of won this series if he was not worn down. He would of scored and put better pressure on LeBron. Flip won't make that adjustment though, that why he has to leave.

Sheed. Stop bashing him. He is the only Piston who showed some passion out their. He had a bad game, but Flip Saunders plays don't utilize him right. Flip doesn't get in his face. Flip doesn't have Sheed's respect. Flip has to go. I thought Sheed did a great job of keeping his poise, but that game was over and it shouldn't be a surprise that he finally went off. The refs were horrible.

Webber. Good game. He won't be here next season unless he comes of the bench. He just doesn't have the legs. He deserves a chance at a ring.

Dice. He deserves a ring as well. Maybe he would have a chance if he played in Game 5. I am surprised he did bad, he had fresh legs. Oh well.

Delfino. Did not get enough playing time, and he couldn't do much with low pt.

Lindsey. Hit a big 3 at the end of the third but that is about it. I would love to see him get in management. Pistons need a fresh backup PG for CB. We need a fast guy who can change the tempo.

Flip. Sucked, but he was stuck on the bench. Can't expect a guy to "flip the damn switch"

Dale. Good O boards. Deserves a ring as well.

Nazr. Why did he play again?

J Max. Why did he not play?

Joe D. will make this team a contender in the East next season again, but he can't stay put this time. If he wants this team to win a championship Flip has to go. Toronto, Chicago, Cleveland, and Miami will all be fighting as well though. Besides Chicago the other 3 of those teams picked great players in the draft. Detroit messed up, but Amir Johnson is like a lottery pick as well. If he doesn't play 25 mpg next year I'll be ticked. After seeing Gibson light us up there should be no more of this "he must grow up BS". Amir should start next year. If Webber and Dice stay they should come of the bench. Sheed would start with Amir next year, but will he stay?

Two straight losses in Game 6 of the ECF which caused this team's elimination, and it all happened because of the same problems. Their must be changes.

11. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Himat,

Yes, Saunders is not a sharp playoff coach. But the real problem has been mangagements lack of help for this team. We lost players after the ship and only got one replacement in Dyss. We ran the same team for 3 years--an eternity in the NBA. Whose fault is that? Owner and Joe.

I mean we needed so little to get to the finals. How about a penetrator off the bench for a few million? How about a perimeter defender for even less? We ran 36 year old Hunter. Whose fault is that? Then lets get onto the coach who is always on the wrong side of an adjustment.

I seen it happen with the Lakers. No additions, no additions, old additions--boom--buried by a then young Piston team.

12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

We have Amir, Delfino, and Maxiell sitting on the bench. Although Joe has not signed a big FA deal since the ship except Dice those guys can play.

Gibson owned us tonight. Amir should get playing time. Maxiell provides energy. He played great in Game 2 why didn't he play? Delfino is a great backup. Tay was so worn out.

Joe has had good teams. We fell short to a team just as good in 05. In ECF the last 2 years we have lost because of Flip S. not making adjustments.

13. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Himat,

Flip can't make the adjustments. But we did not add the little pieces that would have avoided what we just saw.

For two years, we have needed a perimeter defender. Nothing. Meanwhile the rules got even looser for penetrators.

We lose Ben and add no perimeter defender.

We do not add a scorer off the bench to deal with scoring droughts.

We do not add or develop a young big. Yes, Maxiel, I like him, but he wasn't ready. The shot is not there yet. He lacks for experience. Amir is only a potentiality at this stage. Delfino has yet to prove himself. But he is not quick enough to do what we need.

It would only have taken a few millions dollars. Now the entire future of the team is at stake: Billips, Sheed, Dyss, etc. We are not too old to contend but too old as the team is currently constructed. This also happened to the Lakers.

14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Did you just see Gibson light us up? He is a rookie. Amir would be a top 10 pick in this years draft. He can be a starter. He could potentially be an all star or possibly a superstar.

15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

"I feel comfortable, I think the players do, too, we've got to go and get better. That's basically what you do," Saunders said. "Every year there is only one team that's happy and all the other teams are doing things to try to get better."

Please tell me that Flip is the only one that is fine. What happened to being ticked after your season is over??

16. raw36

raw36 First Round Draft Pick Forum Donor

I'm so depressed. :smash:

In the regular season, I thought the Bulls were better than the Cavs.
    It's ok for Flip to be outcoached by Riley, but Mike Brown? I don't know. If he can keep up with Pop then he will earn my respect.
    The Pistons were supposed to be the poised, dominant, veteran team. It sucked to have a rookie torch us.
    The Pistons did not have one decent offensive game in this series.
    What happened to all the offensive sets? CB looked stagnant.
    How can Tay go from being magnificent in one series to being insignificant in the next?

Sigh....

17. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I hate so say this, but this is my opinion. They got some help by the refs in most games of this series with Lebron getting all this superstar calls and with whistling almost everytime Sheed or Dyess tried to block- but that wasn't the reason the Pistons lost.
    The reason was, that they are better. Not by far, but a little bit.
    They have a solid guard rotation in Hughes, Pavlovic, Gibson and, just in case, Damon Jones or Eric Snow.
    The Pistons don't- when RIP or CB leave the court, it's because they're fatigued. When the Cavs substitute, it's because they try to set another tone.
    They have Big Z. And that guy is big. And he killed us on the offensive glass. All of our bigs where unable to keep him out of the zone which lead to many putbacks. And, of corse, they got Lebron. The superstar factor. At first, I wanted to say that you need a superstar to win in this league- but I still hope that you don't, even with that foolish rules that allow every player who can penetrate just a little bit to do whatever he wants because he knows he'd either get fouled or make the basket. I wonder how many ppg Jordan would have scored under this stupid rules.
    But the Pistons ain't got no excuse because San Antonio lacks a superstar too and they win.
    What the Pistons didn't have was a player capable of creating his own shot- RIP tried, but he's extremely weak at doing so. CB can at times, but he seems to be too slow to keep up with most guards.
    Tay is inconstant on the offensive end since all he has is that left hook.
    The Pistons simply ain't got nothing even close to a slasher.

18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

From JWill and DWade to the King and Boobie - even the goofy nicknames can beat the Pistons. I don't know if there is a conference finals MVP, but Gibson sure won this series for the Cavs. Without him it's 4-1 Detroit. Unfortunately for him Tony Parker is just as quick as he is and a lot more experienced.

I'm still stunned by this year's collapse but...

Sheed, Rip, Dice, and Hunter played like they cared. I didn't see it from anyone else. Hunter is gone, but it's fine with me if everyone other than these three become trade bait. It was over by the time Sheed got tossed anyway.

CB - Way too full of himself to ever win another championship. 0-1 in the fourth quarter when it counted with zero defensive presence. If the Pistons organization is serious about winning at this level, it's time for CB to go.

TP - Just stunk it up all series. Couldn't score over anyone. He needs to go back to playing under the radar. He's never going to be the man and should never average more than 30-32 minutes.

CW - Last hurrah, done and gone, see ya. Still has no clue what to do when in the crunch and is way too much of a defensive liability to play at this level.

The Rest - Deer in the headlights. Except for DD who just didn't play enough to matter.

Ah, the coaching. I've been a voice for letting Flip have his shot. I think a lot of the criticism has been unthinking and unfair. Evidently it has also happened to be correct. No leadership from the coaching staff, no ability to force a style of play, nada. The revolving door must continue to spin at least one more turn.

The other guys?

Hughes, Pavlovic, and Gooden are still average players. For the Cavs to thrive in the playoffs for years to come, at least two of them need to come off the bench, or two of them play for someone else.

Maybe Gibson is Iverson and Parker all rolled into one. Or, maybe he never scores again in an NBA game. Let Bowen knock him around a little and we'll see.

Z is big, strong, and smart, but also old and fading. This could be his last semi-effective year.

Vercingetorix, should he ever develop a consistent fifteen foot jumper and get a lot smarter about how the game is played, becomes the reincarnation of Bill Laimbeer. If he doesn't get a jump shot, he's become the poster child for a new league rule against flopping.

And Jimmy? Needs to play the point. Put two jump shooters on the wings, a strong finishing big man to trail, and a center who can board and throw outlet passes and the Cavs become the Suns with muscle.

19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I also saw him commit a stupid charging foul, get his jumper blocked, and generally play out of position on offense. The one assist was nice, but do you really think he can provide consistent drive-and-dish ability with more minutes? I sure don't.

During the '06 regular season, I liked what I saw from him when he got a chance to play, particularly the lockdown D he played on Pierce in one game against Boston. But he didn't improve this year, his jump shot got even worse, and he made bonehead plays in the clutch in at least a couple of different games.

20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I think putting in rusty Nazr Mohammad into the game took everybody out of their game for some time while he was on the floor. What the hell was that. Flip panicked again. J Max had a great Game 2. Here is a thought...PUT HIM IN THE GAME!