Emotion is key : Only the Pistons can stop the Pistons

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Mar 27, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

A fan on another forum had said something which made sense. It was like Sheed showed that he mentally awared of the entire situation of the game. And I seconded liked every game could be a good game if every player do mentally aware of the entire situation of the game, FOCUS that is. Before I go, Sheed's shot ain't no fluk, they gave us the chance by a lousy t/o in crucial moment.
  3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

However I think Dice was lucky not to pick up a foul on Camby which lead to the inbounds situation. He was all over his arm on that rebound.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Tay fouled AI on the inbounds pass, too. The officials probably thought it was no big deal at the time...
  5. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

In hindsight the officials were probably kicking themselves that they didn't give Sheed a tech for not following the unwritten code of dribbling out the clock...
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

By the way, the article mentions that Flip Murray had a 103 fever before the game!!!

If that is true, then this guy has a lot of heart.

Try to remember how you felt the last time you had a fever that high. I know that there is no way I would consider doing NBA-type cardio. And on top of that, he was hustling the whole game.

Of all that has transpired in the past month, Flip Murray's improved play has been the biggest development imo. McDyess's execution and toughness is a close second.

I was very cynical of our chances for most of the season. I'm on board now. We are not the favorite, but I don't consider us an underdog either if we make it to the Finals.
  7. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Not to diminish flip's improved contributions over the last few weeks in any way, but just to clarify, i read today that kandor got him from 103 to 98.6 by game time...
  8. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

They probably have tubs full of chilled papaya juice in the trainer's room.

Flip had three very good games, against Portland, Phoenix, and Dallas; he was decent against Philadelphia, but has started reverting to Flipball since then. While I hope he settles down and keeps his place in the playoff rotation, if for no other reason than because in almost all matchups he's ten times the player that Lindsey Hunter is, history says that's a long shot.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I assumed they gave him something to reduce his fever, but that is still a lot to get out of a player.

Kander has tylenol? I wonder if other trainers have discovered its benefits as well. He probably crushes it up and mixes it in some sort of mango shake to maintain the illusion he has created.
  10. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

All I have to say is; I was not able to watch the game, however, all indications point to Flip Jr. being a real trooper.

Even if the fever was reduced by gametime, it probably returned before the game was over and he probably felt like crap the entire time because a high fever will sap you of your energy.

So for his performance, like we say in the Army I am going to give Flip a two scoops of hooah and a dozen ataboys.
  11. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

actually, kander wrapped flip in cold, alcohol soaked towels
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Really?

I'm not sure we needed him that badly with Lindsey back... oh wait, yes we did.