[ESPN] Ben to Bulls

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jul 3, 2006.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Bills time to blow up inflatable Ben doll and stick a fork in him. :laugh: Your son will understand...

2. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

Is Rufus Henry still available? :confused:

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Because the Pistons came with the first offer, and it was take it or leave it.

Ben could have milked this for 12 days. He didn't. After Detroit, it was the next best thing. Arn Tellum didn't have to work hard. Good thing he was hourly and not on commission.

4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

So, if Ben is really gone, does that mean the Pistons need to start Sheed at the 5 and Dyess at the 4? Looks like a great starting 5 to me. Dyess is a great rebounder. Obviously, some defensive adjustments must be made.

Pretty good news if you're Amir Johnson. He'll get some minutes. Sucks that Ben is gone (probably), but I think Detroit got his best years. I guess I should be more pissed about this, but I'm trying to figure out the best thing to do now that it has happened.

5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Can't wait to hear Ben's statement... it better include the loyal fans that built him up like a rock star.

6. roscoe36

Ben doesn't owe the fans jack in a presser. When he blocked Shaq, thats my thanks. When he stole the ball to open Game 3 in the Finals against the Spurs and dunked, that was my thanks.

Zeke, Daly, Rodman, The Teacher. 2 HOFers, and 2 should be HOFers. I'd like to think Ben will be a HOFer too.

Something ain't right. More booze req'd.

7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's exactly why I think it was about respect for him. He was slighted and reacted quickly (and I'm sure emotionally).

Chicago is Ben's biggest "rebound" to date.

8. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Ben's departure doesn't bother me much. Put me in the camp with SKluck and Winless. If it's time to reload and start the long road back to the top again, that's okay.

Somewhere between the teal days and 2004, there was a team of castoffs that played their guts out wearing the Pistons blue. I'm not afraid of seeing those days again. Better than seeing more of the crap we saw in this year's playoffs.

Good luck, Ben. Be careful what you wish for.

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

There isn't that much in this that could turn out good for the Pistons. Because even though we didn't pay Ben 50 killion we still have nothing to work with. Unless Joe makes a great move, Flip plays the bench, and Rasheed is motivated as hell every playoff game this isn't going to work. Unfortunantly I don't think most people here believe that all of those things will happen. This just sucks:mad:. We were talking about the Wings and Pistons getting Detroit to book 2 parades. Both lost:ohwell:. So maybe next year right? Both team leaders are gone now. This is just horrible.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If this had went on first 12 days with the same result, pissed-ton fans would have even been more upset.

Roscoe with more than 100 posts since you started this thread 2 hours ago, you should havbe opened the CHAT line. I heard it about in the car from the LA Sports talk guys and they were cheering the move. .....I guess they are still smarting from the Laker loss of two years ago:doh:

11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I really don't know why Ben thinks things will be so much different in Chicago. Tay, and Sheed are some of the most pasive guys. Does Ben really think he'll get the ball much? I think he's going to get angry there too:P.

12. roscoe36

If I open chat, no one will post!

13. ggazoo69

From ESPN article:

"The move puts the Pistons in a difficult position.
    They lose Wallace for nothing and don't have anything more than the $5.1 million mid-level exception to offer to potential replacements.
    There are a few starting center-caliber free agents out there, such as Joel Przybilla and Nazr Mohammed, but none who can give the Pistons what Wallace did. Instead, the Pistons may opt to beef up their backcourt and to move to a more up-tempo style with Rasheed Wallace at five and Antonio McDyess at the four."

An up-tempo Pistons team? OK, but you still gotta stop the OTHER team. Our once-stalwart defense just took a huge hit.

14. jammertime

Agreed. But the biggest blow might have come a year ago, with the signing of Flip Zone D Saunders.

15. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

:frusty: :doh: :faint2: :hurt: :smash: :Cry:

Flip, you are an IDIOT!!! It's all your fault.

16. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

This is a little bit like the Carlos Boozer situation. All along Ben has led the team to believe that not signing an extension was a sign of what a great guy he was. Then he breaks it off without even a S&T. Karma has a way of turning these situations sour.

So how will fans react at the first home game? Say we are 10 games under .500 when Ben makes it to the Palace, should we cheer or should be boo his rear end off?

BTW, Joe must tank next season and get more first round picks. It's the only way to speed our ride back to the top. My God, when was the last good decision Joe has made?

17. ggazoo69

For the most part, Flip was not embraced widely on this forum. If Nate "No BS" McMillan was in here, think Ben would be gone? I don't think so.

The repercussions of Joe's courtship of Flip and his eventual hiring of him are being felt big time. I don't completely blame Flip. I'm starting to dislike Dumars and Davidson. Ggazoo: "Bill Davidson is not a good person. He's a cheap ass."

18. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

What's the players spin on this?... Ben was the heart and soul but we'll keep winning?... not like they're gonna say well looks like we're screwed.

19. jammertime

Do you really want Joe D to have another lottery pick? I'm not sure what would be worse. Watching the Pistons tank the season or watching Joe D tank the draft.

As far as how Ben is treated, I'm reserving my judgement until this completely plays out. I need more info before I make my decision. I want to see what Ben has to say first.

20. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I dunno 11+ mil fist year is a hellofa payday... this loyalty thing needs to land on Ben too.... I hope they suck!