1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

[ESPN] Ben to Bulls

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jul 3, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

I don't either. I was pointing out that what got Ben famous was playing the PF spot with a defensive minded Center to handle the big boys. Too bad our last memories will be of him trying to guard Shaq with almost no help at all.

Good thread here about the Pistons potentially landing Pryzilla.

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree with you 100%.

Sorry Max, I actually wasn't even trying to imply that you blamed Ben. But it totally came out that way. I was just mentioning it more as an aside.

3. linwood

linwood All-Star

I agree completely.

4. linwood

linwood All-Star

My last memory will be of Ben sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter. Goodbye, Ben.

5. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

Agreed. Larry Brown was heads and shoulders above Flip in his ability to manage the Pistons players and keep everybody happy, while getting the most out of them. He was peerless in his management of Sheed (an extremely difficult personality), Chauncey and Ben. Chauncey was not as disciplined a player under Flip in the playoffs, Sheed has lost all respect for Flip, and Ben did not want to play for him. What a disaster the firing of Brown and the hiring of Flip has turned out to be. If Davidson was determined to fire Brown for personality reasons, he at least had to find somebody comparable to replace him. Flip is not in the same league as Brown, and had never done anything in his career to make anybody believe he was in the same league.

6. max

max All-Star

That is sad. That could have been the final straw. Sometimes when someone vents about something that seems an overreaction its actually about something else. It was an insult and total lack of respect to sit him for the entire 4th ( especially when Dyess went scoreless ) more than to not offer as much as the Bulls did.

7. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

that last act by Flip was a farewell kiss off to his vanquished foe, the disloyal Ben Wallace. Ben wouldn't go in to the game to make a point, so Flip didn't play Ben in the last game to make a point.

When we kept Flip this goose was cooked.

8. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

I just spent an hour and a half writing a reply on this topic. When I hit "submit", the board informed me that I wasn't signed in after all. Now it's gone.

I think I'm going to go vomit now.

9. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

You've had your share of bad luck posting... for them long ones might consider placing it in a word doc or something first.
    I've only lost one post here ... unlike the Detnews where it was common.

10. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

That is extremely frustrating. My suggestion is to do an abbreviated post which just lists in short order some of your main points from your longer post. Then tomorrow if you are up to it, you can expand it into the longer polished piece of the kind you just lost.

11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

J-Train, make sure you are checking the "Remember Me" box. The board logs you out after 15 minutes otherwise as a security precaution for folks posting on public computers.

12. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

:hug:
    I think I know what you were gonna say. You were gonna say: What next? Is LOST going to go down the tubes? Is ice cream gonna stop tasting good? Are birds going to stop singing?

If Italy wins the World Cup, you guys might not here from ol' griff for a while. here, i'll vomit for everyone.
    :puke::puke::puke:

13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Good night friends. I have laundry to do and a meeting in 4 hours.

Tomorrow is a new day.

14. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Well, feel free to be happy about your mediocre ball team, just don't ask me to share your enthusiasm

15. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

There's no way in hell you could possibly be serious.

16. max

max All-Star

This will probably be my last post in this thread unless there is something earth shattering to reply to.

A couple of months ago we would have been ecstatic to find that Ben would settle on a 4yr contract. Last summer the buzz was a 6 year deal pushing 100mil.

One bad post-season later and 60mil over 4 years was too much.

This is going to change everything next season. Ben was the loudest cheered Piston. Only guy that was a lock for the all-star game. No more gong, no more rebounding row, no more fro wigs, no more Ben Wallace jerseys spewed around the Palace.

While we are at it may as well hang up the Deeeetroit Basketbaaaal as well. That phrase was for winners. It was for a team that used to shut down the oppenent down in the final mins of the 4th quarter lead by a key block, steal or rebound from its team captain Ben Wallace. This relationship sadly ended with him benched for the entire 4th quarter of the final elimination game. Ben benched in the 4th? That would have been unimaginable last season. About as unbelievable as the Pistons not forking over an extra 3mil/yr to keep him.

Time to pull another rabbit or 2 out of your hat Dumars. Getting sick of pulling miracles? Lets hope Davison is willing to spend some tax $ at some point or we may even lose the GM as well eventually. Has to get old juggling salaries watching players leave.

Things are changing. How could the hardest working team in the NBA become what we saw last month? How could we go from a future so bright back in 03 to this? Last time we lost in the East playoffs we had an up and comming 23yr Center, just signed Billups, Ben was mid-contract, Rip just resigned and was looking great, Tay was breaking out, and we all soothed our wounds by focusing in on the draft where we had the #2 pick.

How can it all change to fast? Where is the future now? What will the Pistons stand for now?

17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

The National anthem?

18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

NO.................its not:frusty:

19. detteam

detteam All-Star

Stevie Y & Ben in the same day...I'm almost speachless...

Yzerman did this town proud and no one will forget!

Ben did the same!

However, there's a lot of stuff to mull over about Ben. IMO...BillD dumping LB in favor of Flip was HUGE in Ben's eyes. The 'business' part of basketball is what takes the fun out of it.

20. linwood

linwood All-Star

Yeah. I think Flip making Ben watch the Piston's exit from the playoffs from the bench was what did it. Talk about a lack of respect.