ESPN: Chauncey Billups, the disposable superstar

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Omaha Piston, May 11, 2009.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Sheed was sandbagging also, but he was not the floor general, or one of the team captains, however, Sheed's general lack of effort was also apparent at times and I refuse to minimize his collapse in the playoffs.

This was the main reason why I avoided this thread for so long because the minimizing of CB's faults would be totally off the hook. When I came to work this morning as I was crossing over the 4th street bridge from Washington D.C. coming around the Pentagon, as the sun was rising, I saw CB crossing the Potomac River on foot.

The crowning of CB to sainthood is unbelievable, to let you guys tell it, he is mother Theresa in Drag, Ghandi, MLK and the Pope all wrapped up in a neat little package.

You guys need to drop that shiggety and lets get on with hoping that Joe D open the bank for a player that's similar to the second coming of Isiah and drop off CB's jock strap on the way out the bank folks.
  2. armygirl

Loctash, he was finals MVP in 2004, that was FIVE years ago. I am not Janet Jackson, but what did he do for us LATELY.
  3. armygirl

If he starts working for the Government, that means his position will be open, PLEASE don't you get any ideas about applying for the job, we would be walking in CB's doo doo for the next 5-7 years. lol.
  4. armygirl

Can he also cash in and get a refund for the worst pick ever, Darko?
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe he could implement a sports bailout for cities affected by the auto industry decline. The government could buy seats to sporting events and fill them with crash test dummies.
  6. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

My point was his value to the team. You made an excellant point......he IS a floor general. I for one am not in love with Chauncey nor would I claim he would beat Jesus in a foot race across the Atlantic, I was just making a point that he is a top five in a vital position in this league.

P.S. I like the point you just made about Janet Jackson because it's the same thing I said in another thread regarding Sheed and what HE brings to the team.

I just think PG is a hard position to find a gem so when you have one keep it. Has anyone taken into account that CB may have been unhappy under Flip and his "shoot first, shoot every time you have the ball" mentality? Maybe he would have shined now that we have a quality coach......oh wait. :sssh:
  7. armygirl

OK Loc, I feel you and also wholeheartedly agree with you about the point guard position. PG is a very hot commodity in the NBA, it's just very hard to find a True PG.

I mentioned someone like Zeke for our pistons, but whatever happened to guys like Kevin (KP) Porter who played for the pistons for 3 or 4 years. The guy was a great passer, not a very big name guy, but it is hard to find those type of utility passers in the league today.

I guess that's why I would take a Ramon Sessions thype PG, he doesn't score in bundles, however, he is a pretty good passer.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's so beautiful when people disagree, then discuss some more, and find things in common to build a relationship on. :thumb:
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I thought AI threw it away because it was too small.
  10. armygirl

I saw him feeding the multitudes this morning in Vegas !!

Response - It depends on what he was feeding them, it may have looked like food but I am pretty sure he was feeding them a bunch of she-it.

The crowning of CB to sainthood is unbelievable, to let you guys tell it, he is mother Theresa in Drag, Ghandi, MLK and the Pope all wrapped up in a neat little package.
    No, just league MVP.
    Response- Not so fast cowpoke, Tha King won that title as I recall

You guys need to drop that shiggety and lets get on with hoping that Joe D open the bank for a player that's similar to the second coming of Isiah and drop off CB's jock strap on the way out the bank folks.I thought AI threw it away because it was too small.

Response - I don't think AI wears a Jock Strap, Billups however, had to pick his up from kids r us.
  11. Tha Locstah

Sessions is a pretty steady scorer isn't he? He's hella young too so he has room to grow. I'd like to see us nab a guy like him. I think we need a PG that can put up 14-18 points and drop the dimes on 'em to boot!
  12. Tha Locstah

wise azz!

:pound::pound::pound::pound:
  13. Blue

Blue First Round Draft Pick

He certainly outplayed Stuckey in several games that we played against them this season. Might be worth a look.
  14. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

He might have had better stats (though I don't remember him doing anything notable against us other than the 44 point game) than Rodney, but it wasn't like they were matched up against each other all that often. Milwaukee often put Mbah a Moute on Stuck and he pretty much shut him down.
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I was being serious. Generally this forum has some very good people who battle to be good people. They don't surrender to behaving like animals or setting their behavioral standard at the lowest common denominator.

Gives me reassurance that Reagan and Gorbachev did the right thing by not annihilating the planet with nukes.
  16. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

YouTube - President Ronald Reagan - "Evil Empire" Speech
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

18. Tha Locstah

Well if that HAD happened we wouldn't have had to suffer through this past season.:MusicBigGrin:
  19. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

20. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

It's been a while....

First things first, I apologize to Chauncey.

I grew tired of his barrelling over defenders to get to the freethrow line, his sudden threes, because I was spoiled. It takes one to lose something to know how much it meant to someone in the first place, and that's where I am with Chauncey.

Stuckey can be a PG yes, but he doesn't have that 3 point range nor does he have full control of the egos of Rip, Sheed. Tay is a gamer and is not going to be a problem and so is Dice. Chauncey did that.

I recall asking for Chauncey's trade and I was wrong. Stuck isn't ready...yet.

But thanks Chauncey, and in my heart and my humble opinion, you will never be remembered as a member of another team other than the Pistons you led.