ESPN Chooses Pistons Second For The East

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Latinoking90, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

2. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Maurice Williams isn't even as good as Delonte West. That Cleveland projection is a bit too high.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

pistons 50+ wins, easy.
    They will still blow the West away and the competition is feeble in the East.
  4. MrKent

MrKent First Round Draft Pick

They may be counting on the Cavs having a full team for the entire season. No hold outs, no mid-season trades.

I know it's iffy, but if Big Ben and Z can give them anything, then they'll be very strong.
  5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

The Nets not in the top 5?

I am amazed. Someone will pick them to at least make the post season.........
  6. max

max All-Star

Probably because they don't have Kidd anymore. He was everyones favorite player to overhype.

I have to disagree with the Sixers placement. I know they are the logical choice to put there and the safe choice. I think they over excelled last year and Brand has never made any team that much better.

Toronto can be very dangerous if O'Neal stays healthy but I am going with the Hawks at that 5th spot. I like their potential better.
  7. Rip City #32

Rip City #32 Second Round Draft Pick

I would have to say Big Ben is done. He was a non factor with the Bulls the first half of the season, and after being traded to Cleveland he was supposed to be "reenergized" but nothing seemed to change. It seems like he's lost his passion for the game of basketball, after he got paid. Z is still solid for 15-8 a game. He's solid defensively, and I'd assume he's going to have another good season. And even with the acquisition of Moe Williams I wouldn't say the Cavs are a better team then us.
  8. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

The Cavs will be the better team in the playoffs simply because of their King, but i think they'll have their troubles in the regular season again.

I used to scoff at them for being a "one-man-squad" but despite being an offensively retarded team because of their stupid coach, they ALWAYS find a way to play neck and neck with so-called superior competition.
  9. MrKent

MrKent First Round Draft Pick

Big Ben was just a better fit here. There's no way he could have been a better player elsewhere. However, Cleveland only needs him to play decent/effective for 20-25 minutes a night IMO.

Now, I don't want the Cavs to be better than us, but they've had our number in the most recent playoffs. Plus, arguably, they did better against Boston than we did in '08.

And, remember, most of us wanted the 2nd spot in the '08 playoffs so we wouldn't have to play Cleveland. We wanted the Cavs and Boston to beat each other up.
  10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I don't think it is much of an argument, CLE did do better against the C's and would have beaten DET badly had they met.
  11. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Yes, it's really no surprise that the NETS are not in the top 5. That's because they don't belong there. But that's not counting the potential for growth because they have a good young point in Devin Harris who I felt Dallas should never have given up.

I disagree. The SIXERS are ok there. Yes, they excelled last season, some may think overly so and that may have been a fluke. But excelled nonetheless. Add Brand to that, and you have a significantly improved team. To put the HAWKS at that 5th position is a stretch. They lost Childress, major ownership and chemistry issues, and they may end up looking like the flukes.

The RAPTORS are a dangerous team. Bosh and O'Neal with Calderon.

CAVS are the third best team in the East because of LeBron. Yes, so what if they aren't the best regular season team? Heck, I'd be scared if we faced them in a playoff series. Nobody else matters on that team. LeBron is that good. He just needs somebody to pass the ball to anad give it back when he's lost his dribble.

GO PISTONS!