ESPN Hits New All Time Low

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Nov 10, 2005.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Pistons have the best record in the NBA and remain the only undefeated team, yet nothing can found on the front NBA page of ESPN about them.

Instead ESPN has two articles one each about Kobe and Shaq's wives having babys.

Unbelievable or then again maybe not. As Piston fans this is the kind of disrespect of our favorite team we have come to expect.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index
  2. detteam

detteam All-Star

As usual, Detroit is snubbed by the media in favor of high profile attention seekers.

But it's okay...that's just the way we like it :eyebrows:
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

All time low?

The Pistons are off to a great start, but winning 4 games is hardly worth writing home about. Most people would rather read about Shaq and Kobe's kids. The Pistons will get their due, don't worry. Charles Barklay just said Detroit is by far the best team in the East. Tell me that isn't a jinx...
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

People gotta stop looking to the major news agencies for validation of the Pistons. It ain't gunna happen.

Besides, most of those guys are idiots and bandwagon jumpers. They'll figure it out when the Finals tip off... ;)
  5. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

Buddah, my brotha, we Piston fans can't keep searching for disrespect. You'd be hard pressed to find a league GM, a team, or an analyst that doesn't think Detroit is among the best in basketball.

The Clippers on the other hand, are 5-1. now THAT is becoming a story. But the Pistons - defending two-time East champs, recent World Champions - winning their first four against teams below .500? This is not front page material.

I wouldn't sweat this one, friend. We have to face the facts: the Pistons do have people's respect now.
  6. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

We should get used to it, I agree with Micro.

As you know, I'm a HUGE Wings fan as well, and they currently have the best record in the league, when everyone and his brother thought they would be basement dwellers after the new CBA. No mention of it. Nothing. No, WINGS CONTINUE TO ROLL, or WINGS STILL ON TOP... nothing.

Just like there is no: PISTONS OFF TO BEST RECORD SINCE 1995... or PISTONS STILL UNDEFEATED!!!... ARE THE PISTONS THE TEAM TO BEAT? CHARLIE ROSEN THINKS SO!

Okay, that last one was a real stretch, but I thought I'd throw it in there.
  7. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Squeaky wheel....

Looks like ESPN heard you because their NBA frontpage is loaded with Pistons coverage today.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

ACker

[​IMG]

This is from the ESPN page. Acker looks like the incredible hulk here. I didn't realize he was that strong.