ESPN Love For The Motor City

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, May 11, 2008.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

This is the second time I have watched ESPN News in which they featured all of the Detroit franchises, (Pistons, Red Wings, Tigers) back to back to back.

Well they did it again this morning, if anyone missed ESPN today, you missed a good one, the Motor City, King of the sportsworld.

We only need the lions to get on board.

On a side not Rashard Lewis thinks that Orlando is the better tieam and Nelson is guaranteeing a game 5 win.

2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Only because he knows C-Note won't be backing him down the entire game.

3. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

sounds alot like the same old same old.... over the run of this team, we have won series after series and after each game the players on the other team will talk about how its not the pistons being good that has caused them to lose....

Detroit wins in such a way I guess the opposing team can't see that that they just lost the game.... lol... remember 2004 every series the team claimed it wasn't detroits def that stopped them, it was just them not hitting shots... from the bucks, to the nets, on to the lakers it was like the team was in denial that detroit was a good team.

So lets hope teams keep thinking that way, sure helps the pistons keep that chip on the shoulder that has been missing for years.

4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I think the Magic opening there mouth will guarantee the Pistons taking them apart by 20 pts.

5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I agree with the previous posts.

See, the Pistons are a team with no media darlings or NBA marketing machines, therefore other teams will always believe they are equal to if not better than the players that represent the Pistons.

The success of the Pistons orginization does not factor in the reasoning of these players.

It will probably take another year or two of beatdowns by the Pistons in the playoffs before Lewis and Jameer realize that these guys are pretty good. Not to mention the fact that these two have done nothing in the post season to proclaim superiority over a team that has been to five straight ECF.

6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Do the Pistons ever give the other team credit for being the better team?:stirthepot: Did we or the Pistons team say that Miami was better than us two years ago? Cleveland a year ago? Boston during the regular season? I don't think so...

But yeah, Orlando talking all this crap does seem to be stretching it a bit.:MusicBigGrin: And that mccoskey piece about the talk show people talking about "Now that Orlando controls the series..." after being DOWN 2 games to one was insane. :pound:

7. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

When a baby is in the playpen, they'll promise to be better but cannot really control their outcomes yet. Sounds like Orlando to me..

8. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I wonder if anyone outside Orlando is actually paying attention to this.

9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'd like for Bup-Bup to say we should've lost the series because Or. players are better but Or. isn't a "made" team with lots of P/O victories so Stern thought fit to see us win.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

AT ESPN/ABC, we got Motor City natives Mitch Albom, Mike Tirico, Jamele Hill, Rob Parker and Jalen Rose contributing and selling DEEEETROIT SPORTS behind the scenes. :)

11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Up til now their collective influence has been weak Dre.