ESPN Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Slippy, Feb 4, 2012.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We need a true point guard who can protect the paint for us on defense. I'm thinking like a Magic Johnson type guy except with better leaping ability.
    coynejeremy likes this.
  2. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Knight is perfectly sufficient. We need a centre, or we need a slasher small forward.

Surely OKC will take Daye, CV and Stuckey for Durant?
  3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I heard the draft is deep this year. I'm sure there are at least a few of those types that we could choose from.
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

YUP! I think we're definitely going to get a top 5 pick and in this draft that'll work just fine. Sullinger, Davis, Drummond, Robinson and to a lesser extent PJ3 can help this team improve. For those who don't like Sullinger keep this in mind, the times where we have looked like legitimate team is when GM gets a solid performance from a front-court mate (not named Tayshaun), be it when Max and/or Jonas can complement Greg's game we look pretty good, the problem is that Jonas and Max can't deliver on a consistent basis, Sullinger can and will. I hate when people look at him and think that he can't/won't succeed at the NBA level, it's as if Zac Randolph doesn't exist. But it may come down to a coin toss between SUllinger and Robinson. Robinson can play too!

On the perimeter Barnes or Kidd-Gilchrist, but I wouldn't take them if Sullinger or Robinson are still on the board.
  5. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

I just want to be clear, I said that Sullinger and Monroe could put up good numbers together. I didn't say that they could help us win a lot of games. If we did pick up Sullinger, we would eventually have to trade either him or Monroe. It's hard to have two bigs who can't defend the rim. Sullinger is nowhere near the shot blocker that Monroe is, and Monroe doesn't block shots. This doesn't make much sense to me because Sullinger has a nice wingspan and is more athletic than GM (Sulinger might even become almost explosive if he wasn't such a tub). A Sullinger/Monroe tandem could get us into the playoffs, but you're not winning a championship with those two playing together.

There's a reason that Minny chose moved Al Jefferson, and there's a reason that Utah is looking to move either Milsap or Jefferson. Jefferson gets an occasional block, but only when you go straight at him. The reason Randolph works in Memphis is because he has Gasol next to him.

If Sullinger is the best guy available, and he very well could be, then take him. If we had two 20/10 guys, then we could move one of them for a stud who's a better fit.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

This is the time of the season where Sullinger will shine.........now.....and the tourney. :)
  7. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Watched a few minutes of that Davis kid at Kentucky last night. He's skinny but impressive!
    He looks like he could put his leg pretty high on the wall.
  8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Feb 8,2012 2:01 PST: Charlotte won the espn mock draft today selecting Anthony Davis. Pistons selected Thomas Robinson of Kansas with the 4th selection.

Feb 8, 2012 206 PST: Washington won the lottery again selecting A.Davis. Pistons selected 6th; Perry Jones.
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Living in Wildcat country, I asked a guy at work the other day if Davis is the real deal. He said, "Yeah! He reminds me of Sam Perkins." :brick:
  10. Slippy

Sam Perkins was solid!
  11. The Panda

I watched him play. He needs a bit of bulking, but he is a solid all round player. Only saw him shoot one and he has a nice draw. Everything else was alley oops and dunks. MKG is legit as well.
  12. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

^I don't think the Pistons can go wrong with either of those guys. Even without the number 1 overall, I think we can come away with a good player all the way down to the 5th-7th pick. Still optimal to get a top 4 pick though.
  13. Slippy

We dropped to 6th overall.
  14. The Panda

Davis is no.1 now for a reason. He is seriously good.

But I still think a lot of his good play comes from the people around him. I will repeat, MKG is legit good. I would love to see him in a Pistons jersey and his stock has fallen recently.
    linwood likes this.
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stock has fallen since he is too small to play inside and doesn't shoot well enough to play the perimeter.
  16. linwood

linwood All-Star

I absolutely agree with both of these statements. I think Davis is going to be a beast in the NBA. It will probably take him 3 or 4 years to bulk up and really learn the game... then I think he will be a Ben Wallace type defensive impact player, with the ability to finish.

MKG is also legit. He's going to be a solid starter for someone for years and years.

Also on that Wildcat team is Terrence Jones. He is a great player, but the Kentucky fans hate him because they question his heart. He puts together a great game every third game, and coasts through the rest. He might be a steal in the late second round.
  17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's hard to put a price tag on guys with no heart that coast.
  18. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Not for JD...........
    Mogilny and linwood like this.
  19. linwood

linwood All-Star

So true. He's probably top 15 talent... I would take him somewhere after 30.