ESPN Poll Proving The Media Was Right...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Latinoking90, Jun 1, 2009.

1. max

max All-Star

I don't think too many people remember that. The three stooges used to do it.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

With the Puppets put on hold until maybe next year, the NBA marketing team is working feverishly behind the scenes trying to get a Superman/Kobe scheme together by Thursday.

I know some are calling this finals another 'can Kobe when w/o Shaq to sham", but who cares. His legacy is established, we don't need the refs to help him prove it to his followers and himself.
  3. detteam

detteam All-Star

Are you suggesting a Nike/Adidas collusion? Expect a process server knocking at your door in the morning :sssh:
  4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My DAD used to do it. :rolleyes:
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Kobe is kind of the ugly duckling of NBA superstars to me, he doesn't get the phantom fouls that Sore Sport and D Wade get.
  6. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

True, however, the calls sure did make some of those early games closer than they should have been, IMHO.

Lebron should have never had a chance to win any games with a three (or a pass for a three) at the buzzer.

I truly believe that Dwight Howard (at least in that series) has got the be the most disrespected DPOTY that I have ever seen in the NBA playoffs.

Personally, If Cleveland had advanced, I would not have watched the series (not in real time).

Now that it is LA vs Orlando I can watch the finals with no real agenda and actually enjoy it for once.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I was thinking that too. Doesn't it speak to the rules of the game (or at least the way that it is officiated), when the guy who is supposedly the master of defense can't abide by the rules and fouls out on a regular basis? What hope does the average defender have of guarding someone?
  8. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Stern wants LeBron to go to a larger market. That's why the Cavs lost. Look for LeBron and another big name in NY in 2010...
  9. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

In all seriousness I feel that if I was LeBron I would sacrifice the potential team paid salary and take the MLE to play for a team like Orlando or the Lakers.

He's been in the NBA for 6 years, and he gets how much in endorsement deals (likely more in LA and Orlando...he could do movies a la Rick Fox/Shaq)?

How much is a championship worth to him?

This isn't quite the same as the Karl Malone and Gary Payton debacle. LeBron is still young. Pair him up with Kobe or Dwight and he is sure to win it all IMO.
  10. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

In my opinion, it only lends credence to the article Gman posted a few weeks ago about the game being fixed.

Sure, Cleveland didn't make it to the finals, but there's only so much the refs can do (covertly) if your team doesn't make shots and the other team does.

I know I didn't expect Howard to shoot a better Free Throw percentage than James in the last few games.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

LeBron will be a champion when he plays defense, and not before.
  12. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Or when he gets better teammates.

I really don't get how NYC is better place for him to play. It sort of set as the same thing, except this time around the coach is all offense.

And what does it do to Danilo? A 6th overall pick riding bench?