Espn

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Jan 31, 2006.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Even though it has been discussed on this board almost as much as DMC I feel I nevertheless have to speak out about their continually negative attitude toward the Pistons.

Pistons going for 12 straight tonight and it doesn't even warrant a mention on the ESPN NBA front web page.

I think Stein explains ESPN's attitude toward the Pistons perfectly when he say regarding the Pistons in this weeks Power Rankings

"Trying to Keep It Fresh With Those Boring Pistons..."

This is the first time that I have ever read a column by a writer with a major sports media site that calls one of the greatest teams in NBA history "boring".

I think that is why going for #12 doesn't warrant a mention on ESPN.

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

We are drawing comparisons to 72 win Bulls team. I don't know how much more attention we can garner.

4. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

How often does a team go 37-5? We should be getting attention, but are we getting respect? It seems to me that the Pistons and Kobe are just the flavor of the month. I don't really give a crap what ESPN says.

5. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

The team is getting plenty of attention. What's going to make people happy, every major media outlet kissing Piston butts from home page to site map? Grow a thicker skin. And realize that we're hardly unique.

In this day and age every team of unassuming excellence, be it the Spurs or the Patriots or the Pistons, gets backhanded with a "dull but great" tag because they don't have Terrell Owens or Ron Artest snarling or acting like fools. Every branch of media has decided that jerks are more interesting ... which is cool, because we get the rare oasis of professionalism all to ourselves.

6. detteam

detteam All-Star

As I recall the Bulls 95-6 season, I remember being bored hearing about them. What?...another Bulls win?...Michael scored 40 again?...same-ole same-ole.

I can understand non-Detroit press & fans just rolling their eyes in feeling the Pistons can't be beat...especially since the Pistons don't have a standout superstar. The only time the Pistons garner interest from the rest of the league is on the rare occasion that they lose and display some type of vulnerability.

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

8. DReDD

DReDD Second Round Draft Pick

I liked this part from Kerr's article:

9. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Oh yeah, major butt kissing. And a coronation.

Actually I'd just be happy with ESPN dumping most of their announcers and trying to find someone who actually occasionally watches an entire game and not their predigested versions before running their mouths about it.

10. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

I'll be happy when these so called insiders and basketball analysts actually pick the Pistons to be in the Finals at the begginning of the season, instead of flip flopping at the last possible moment. That is the respect I'm talking about. It's about seeing a complete team, with great chemistry, and a dominate will to win. Maybe they see it now that we are giving one of the greatest teams in history a run for their money, but anyone can just jump on the Pistons bandwagon.

11. WTFchris

WTFchris Second Round Draft Pick

ESPN's Coast to Coast coverage talked about the Pistons for quite a while though last night. It wa after they lost though. I don't blame them. There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said when it comes to us winning.