Esposito

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by buddahfan, Nov 18, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I am still ticked off that the Black Hawks gave Esposito to Boston for nothing and I haven't been a hockey fan since!!!
    :hoops:

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

The guy was a big cherry picker. He stood in front of the net and shot in bunny shots. Just too big to clear out.

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Lol.

You should let it go Buddah. You're missing out on a great sport.

4. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Actually I lost interest in hockey when I moved to So. CA. I just can't get into ice skating when it is 75 degrees out. I do however, watch a few Ducks on Pond games and did see them win it all last year.

:hoops:

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Hey Buddah,

I came across this article today when checking up on my favorite team & I thought of you.

Bill Davidson owned the Lightning at one point, but I think he sold the team last summer.

"Espo wanted the team

Lightning founder Phil Esposito said on Thursday -- the 17th anniversary of the NHL conditionally awarding the franchise to the Tampa Bay area -- that he was trying to put together a group to buy the team when Absolute Hockey Enterprises announced on Aug. 7 it had reached a purchase agreement with Palace Sports & Entertainment.

He said he could not make it work because the real estate developers he was courting only wanted the 5.5 acres near the St. Pete Times Forum that were in Absolute Hockey's purchase agreement -- not the team. And even though Absolute Hockey's deal has fallen apart amid investor squabbling, Espo said he no longer has a desire to be a primary owner. It is just too much work, he said, to find all that money, though he said he might consider joining a group as a minority investor because "they'd be doing the work.''

There's a story about it in today's paper but was curious what people thought about Espo as an owner. As team founder, and considering his love for the franchise, I expect he would work as hard as he could with the team's best interests at heart. He almost teared up when I asked him to describe his affection for the team. In fact, he said the two greatest days of his hockey life were when his number was retired in Boston and the announcement that Tampa Bay got a team."

Lightning Strikes | tampabay.com - St. Petersburg Times and tbt*