Euro Players

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by kpaav, May 5, 2009.

1. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Anyone know the status or stats of our Euro guys from the 2nd round last year? The big center Plainstead (sp?) and that uber athletic wing that I forgot the name (Alexander?). Basically, if we make no additions to the roster these guys probably are wearing Pistons teal next year.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Trent Plaisted was either the MVP or Euroleague or sat out all year with a back injury, I can't remember.

The other guy Deron Washington (You're always going to be known as the other guy when you're in the same draft class as Trent Plaisted.) played pretty well wherever he was (Israel?).
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Are you confusing him with Igor Rakocevic by any chance?
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

That's sooooo true!

Big Center?
    Maybe Trent had some kind of experimental European back surgery and had 6 inches added to his spine.
  5. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

Greg Popovich today was here in valencia seeing his friend Neven Spahija,head coach of pamesa valencia, Greg has been good words for Victor Claver(20 years old),who enter this year in the draft,soon at teh seasson was a 12/25 firts round +-,but one important injury made he missed 3 half months,today full recovered Popovich has said he is good player,he is presented after the injury to finish in the beginin of the second round to pay his buyout to nba.

I let the article in spanish

El técnico de los Spurs elogia a Claver - Deportes - Levante-EMV

I don´t see Curry like Popovich this past week end seeing euroleague final four in berlin, learning in person tactics of europeans elite teams,and seeing players.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Carlos, Curry's been scouting at the 30+ rec leagues across the nation. Those guys have some serious Pistons DNA.
  7. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Pop and the Spurs are pretty active in scouting the euroleague. Victor Claver has been on the Spurs' radar a while now as far as I can tell from a few Spurs fans' comments. The Pistons' focus is different I think; Joe's been spotted more in NCAA games. Curry's probably on vacation.
  8. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

Dumards focus in NCAA but to increase markets and attract big players is good try to hire good(and cheap like spurs do) europeans players,detroit has no luck with darko or delfino but if you have available one market who makes money in crisis context,spend a little money in scouters,spurs has as scouters retired players and coach from european leagues,it´s not a lot of money compared the results.
    I hope dumards do the miracle and give Thabeet(real center) or Rubio with wizards pick,young and very good players are the first step of new pistons era,free agents are available less years for a lot of money.
    I hope Joe has luck and elite scouters in draft 2009 and 2010.:hoops: