Ex-Buckeye Maurice Clarett Wanted On Robbery Charges

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Zoso, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Ex-Buckeye Clarett Wanted On Robbery Charges
    Warrant Out For 22-Year-Old's Arrest

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Former Ohio State tailback Maurice Clarett is wanted on two counts of aggravated robbery following an incident that took place early Sunday, police said.

According to a report issued by the Columbus Division of Police, Maurice E. Clarett approached two people who were standing in an alley at the rear of the Opium Lounge, located at 346 South High St.

Police allege that Clarett, 22, demanded property from a 28-year-old man and a 30-year-old woman "with a handgun in his presence then got into a white SUV with two other unknown suspects and sped away."

Neither victim was hurt, police said.

Youngstown police confirmed to NBC 4 that there is a warrant our for Clarett's arrest.

2. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Oh, that's rich.

What a moron.

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

BUCKEYES#1, SEE WHAT A BUCKEYE EDUMACKEION WILL GET YOU!!!

4. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'm sure buckeye is none too happy with that press.

But...if you search long and hard enough you will find dirt in everyone's corners ;)

5. Superstarov

My favorite MSU pro screw-up was when Plaxico spiked the ball after a catch, only to have a defender pick it up and run it back for a TD. The idiot has been watching and playing football his whole life, but didn't realize you had to be down by contact in the NFL.

6. detteam

detteam All-Star

I never heard/seen of that one...the look on his face afterward must've been priceless :laugh:

7. Superstarov

It was when he was a rookie with the Steelers.

It was all over Sportcenter the next day, and me, having an unhealthy hatred for all things MSU, laughed my butt off and told all of the Wolverine and Spartan fans I know.

The Steelers (1-3) withstood a blocked punt, a kickoff that went out of bounds to give Jacksonville the ball at its 40-yard line, and three turnovers — one of them on a fumble charged to receiver Plaxico Burress, who spiked the ball at the end of a 19-yard pass play.

The rookie stumbled and fell to the ground without being touched by a defensive player. When Burress got up and slammed the ball to the ground, Jacksonville's Danny Clark scooped it up and ran it back 44 yards.

8. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I don't believe this headline. Nobody wants Maurice

9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Buck#1, There's something strange here. For you to say you like Pistons, Redwings and Lions but you like the Buckeyes also, is like saying you like steak, prime rib and lobster but you also like dirt or road tar or monkey brains or mountain oysters.

10. Buckeyes#1

I was going to try to think of a creative answer but I'll just give it to you straight. Yes, I agree with you that it is strange. But that's what happens when you grow up in Toledo, where Detroit teams dominated the airwaves. If my memory serves me correctly, I fell in love with the Detroit teams first as a third grader. Soon after that marriage of the heart took place, I soon discovered college football and knew that I was born a Buckeye. Hence, me!:) I guess I look at it as having the best of both worlds! Fortunately the guys around here don't hold it against me though cause I really enjoy being around these forums where I have a connection to my roots, while living in the middle of nowhere.

11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I hear ya, Bucks, I was a Viking fan before I moved to Det. I didn't even know there was a team in town. Purple People Eaters were rampaging back then.

12. Buckeyes#1

Yeah, those purple people eaters were great but the most annoying thing I remember was watching our guys trying to catch Fran Tarkenton. That was very frustrating.:frusty:

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Slippyer than a watermelon seed.