1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Ex-Pistons

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by jzchen, Nov 3, 2007.

1. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

G HILL - Seems like the main reason he chose to go to the Suns was because he was guaranteed being a starter. Played major minutes in their 1st game. Still can contribute.

BIG BEN - What is wrong with him? Is this the year he finally regrets takin all the money? After 2 games, he has a total of less than 12 rebounds which would have been his average when he was a Piston. Played only 24 minutes tonight against the Sixers which they lost. Bulls now are 0-2 to start the season where most sports analyst pick them to win the central division.

DELFINO - Seems like he got what he wanted at the Toronto. Played more than 30 minutes per game so far.

DARKO - ????

2. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Wow. I had no idea this guy was so talented. I think Doug Collins was talking about him and said he was the Pistons coach when Grant Hill was on the team. He didn't look too hot with whoever he was with last year (Orlando?) but he looks very gifted with the Suns so far. Like an intelligent ball player.

3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Lots of players can look good on that team. Imagine someone like Redd playing for them without having to play any D. He'd light up the league.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

His BB IQ is one reason why the Pistons drafted him in the first place and it has continued to improve other than his bonehead choice to spurned Joe and go to the Suns.

He would have been perfect backup for Tay last year especially when he ran out of gas in the post season. He could have also played the point subbing for CB instead of Flip juggling Jr and Hunter. Not sure where he would have fit in with Pistons this season now that we have Hayes, and now that Flip Jr seems to have figured out his role with the team.----although he could have taken Dupree's roster spot.:)

5. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Your assessment of the talent that "Mr Softy" has is correct. This is an old nickname of mine for him from his Pistons days, when a number of people thought the Pistons should have gone farther in the playoffs than they did when he was here and put a lot of the blame for us not being to do that on Mr. Softy.

:hoops:

6. buddahfan

I think that there is too much bad blood between Mr. Softy and Mr. D. as a result of how Mr. Softy perceives that we mistreated his injury when he was with us to think that Mr. Softy would ever return to play for us again.

7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

It was before your time as a Pistons fan, but Hill was an all-NBA caliber talent for a five-year period where it looked like he might be headed to the Hall of Fame (he was 1st or 2nd team all-NBA each season between '96 and '00), before his career was derailed by injury. Penny Hardaway was a similarly gifted player at the time who also got hit hard by injuries.

8. buddahfan

He also failed to ever lead the Pistons past the first round in the playoffs when most professional basketball people thought the Pistons should have advanced much father into the playoffs and generally blamed Mr. Softy for the Pistons failure to do that.

9. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

darko is getting what he wants in memphis. he's getting a chance to start and play. he's been pretty dominant defensively. offensively he's just getting a few post up attempts so far. this is a new coaching staff and new players and they are still learning each other. stay tuned.

10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Personally, I think Darko is doomed because od the jealousy of the other players.

11. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

The beauty of the Darko saga is even if we don't want to stay tuned, we're forced to.

12. buddahfan

Who is this Garko you keep talking about?

[​IMG]

13. mikhail1973

Here're some stats for the ex-Pistons:

[​IMG]

14. jzchen

Hill & Big Ben was in action last nite. Hill still can play no doubt. Would have been awesome if he played for us this season. However, the Suns guaranteed him being a starter for the team. He would have been the leader on our bench, thus sending Hunter to retirement and would not have sign Hayes. This means that we would have signed Meija.

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not 100% sure I'd take Hill over Hayes right now.

He's probably better, but the odds of him missing games is pretty high. There is also a reasonable chance that he will have a reoccuring glitch and be forced into retirement.

16. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Darko is ballin' now.

Delfinio is Toronto's best man to man defender

Hill is a classy player who is uber talented. Still one of my favorite former Pistons and I think the Mr. Softy nickname is inaccurate.

17. jzchen

Big Ben finally has a Pistons-like game this season last nite (stats wise).

42 min, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks and 6 steals. That's the Big Ben we used to seeing. Maybe he has finally recover from the ankle injury and start putting up numbers like that. Although he's not a Piston anymore, I still wish him well. Cuz without him, we would not have the 2004 ship. And we would not the so called 'Best Starting 5' in the league.

Pistons 2004-2005 Starting 5 vs Pistons 2007-2008 Starting 5, who is better. My vote is Big Ben's 'Starting 5'.

18. buddahfan

He played a really good game last night and when it counted he kept Kaman from doing any damage down low.

I agree. I would rather have Big Ben at $6 million a year than Nazr.

19. mikhail1973

Can we have Ben at that price?

20. buddahfan

Don't we wish!! LOL