Ex-Pistons

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by jzchen, Nov 3, 2007.

1. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Round getting downright nasty with Flip...Worse than Dicky V?
  2. linwood

linwood All-Star

If I still lived in Detroit, I would be the first in line, guaranteed.
  3. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Local media and fans here in Boston are calling Sheed "the main problem" with the Celtics this season and are somehow shocked he's so inconsistant with the effort. They're upset about his ack of inside commitment, over-reliance on the three and problems keepng his mouth shut..............they musta been saving $ in the scouting department the past 10 years or so.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

They coulda just paid attention here, but Roscoe charges too much. :)
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Couldn't have happened to a nicer organization.
  6. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

yea... has nothing to do with there "hall of fame 3" getting older and dropping production.... its always that bench player fault you can't win the big ones...

If I had a championship quality starting team, i'd still want sheed playing on my team, while i don't think he's a starter at this point, i'd still take him for his smarts and 15-20 mins a game.
  7. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, if it wasn't for Chucky Atkins we would have been right up there fighting for atleast third seed. :)
  8. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

darko tonite 15pts 10 rbs 4 blocks 3ass 1 steal on 7-10 shooting.
  9. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

DMC is making a late-season surge for the ROY award.
  10. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I don't think anybody ever claimed the boy didn't have skills... thats the problem that with all his skills he couldn't force his way on the court. I will even give you Detroit dropping the ball and not giving him enough mins. How do folks explain so many teams who have given him so much money and all of them decide to let him ride the bench? If he had the heart and mind that Jerebko has displayed this year he would be a multiple time all star and we would be going for our umpteempth conference final and had atleast 3 titles at this point.
  11. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

So you think the Lakers would have picked him up? Interesting...
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Delfino with 16, 9, and 4 to lead the team in boards. Well rounded player. Deep range, good handles, solid defender, strong rebounder for his position, and a smooth passer.

Nice return to form after getting carried out on a stretcher.
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

That is a bunch of generalizations. Sorry, but the specifics are a lot less harsh.

First, we did not play him (other than for a victory cigar) for three entire seasons, save for about 50 minutes in the rotation in his third year for us under Saunders in our rotation. In other words, we gave him no chance at all.(to be accurate - we traded him to Orlando at about the trade deadline so it was short of three years.)

Next, we see him do reasonably well with Orlando. Again, Sorry, but they don't just hand out 7 million per year contracts to just anyone. Orlando made the decision to spend their money elsewhere - that was their loss, in my opinion. But someone else, based on Darko's reasonably good success in Orlando gave him a fairly hefty contract.

Next, Memphis. A long string of injuries sidelined his career. Then you got NY, who simply did not play him. Just like they did not play various other players. Just decided to go in different directions. Darko never was given a chance there.

Now Darko is what, about 25 years old. Still very young. I would say he has a lot of upside - but to me, the truth is more he is now going to get a chance to return to what he was before we iced him for three years - a very talented basketball player.
  14. linwood

linwood All-Star

That's one way to look at it. Here's another:

Seven years after entering the league, Darko is finally figuring out how to play basketball. His size and skill gave him the opportunities to learn from the best coaches and trainers in the world, and it's starting to pay off. Maybe Joe D and Bill D just decided they didn't want to wait 7 years and invest 40 million dollars in a kid with a questionable attitude and work ethic.

DeMarcus Cousins will enter the NBA next season, and I predict he will outplay Darko by his second year. Even with Darko's unbelievable skill and years of experience. Best part, he will do it for a fraction of what Milicic has made over the years.
  15. roscoe36

Someone needs to tell Joe this!

[​IMG]
  16. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

You're partially right, but I don't think Darko has a "heart" problem. He's showing in Minny that he's willing to put it all on the floor. I think his problem has been maturity. In NY the press kept showing photos from training camp with Darko joking around, wearing funny balloon hats (I'm serious), and doing other stunts. And I think he turned off a lot of coaches. I think 4 of his first 5 coaches truly did not like Darko as a person.

Well, it looks like he's finally growing up and he's getting coached by non-prima donna who actually wants him to succeed.

BTW, never thought I'd read this about Darko:

Jaw-dropping elbow makes a difference | StarTribune.com

Darko Milicic..has become an impact player after just six weeks in Minnesota...Check this 90-second sequence in the second quarter for proof: Milicic nails a short hook shot in the lane. Milicic hits a 10-foot jumper. Milicic knocks away Udonis Haslem's in-close jumper. Milicic takes a Jamaal Magloire elbow in the jaw.

Almost as dramatic, though, was the effect his absence had on the game...Minnesota...was ahead by a basket when Milicic got clobbered. When the half ended 7 minutes later, Miami owned a nine-point lead.
  17. raxrets

raxrets Starter

in short: Darko was drafted 7 years earlier than it had to happen.
  18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A scathing critique of Rasheed Wallace by Bill Simmons. The Sheed we knew and loved is dead.

Bill Simmons: Smoke and mirrors - ESPN

And that's only about half of the article. Is there anyone who still thinks we should have resigned this guy?
  19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Let me rephrase that question: is there anyone who still thinks Sheed at 12% a better option than Kwame at 100%?

He would've been a better backup center than anyone else we have. It would've been good to have him back up Big Ben. To be honest, he probably would've given us more than Wilcox.

The problem is Q probably would've started him next to Big Ben. JJ would not have seen any minutes after Prince came back from injury. JMax wouldn't be able to impress us due to lack of minutes. Our bigs would be Wallace & Wallace backed up by CV and JMax. Kwame would be in the doghouse. Summers and Daye would never break a sweat and JJ wouldn't play more than 10-12 minutes a game. Q would be in the hot seat. The '04 squad sans Billups would pout and pout. There would be brief flashes of the old glory days; probably 2 quarters all year.
  20. roscoe36

Good thing Ernie is in Greece solving their financial crisis right now, or he would be in here tearing stuff up.