Ex-Pistons

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by jzchen, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

If rate of passage of time can be varied, or influenced, by other physical phenomena, it is conceivable that a negative delta can be achieved somehow. The real hard part is the implications of that action.

For instance, at relativistic speeds, you could actually slow the time inside a capsule where the time elapsed inside the capsule is much shorter than the time elapsed for an external observer, say people on Earth. Now that capsule has not really gone forward in time, but for all practical purposes it appears like it did. Since we perceive time in a linear fashion, this isn't hard for us to grasp.

But, what would happen if somehow a device was built that can actually travel backwards in time? Will the actions of those that move backwards in time impact the future? There is an inherent paradox there, but it is only a paradox because our minds are not wired to understand the true nature of time. We are three-dimensional beings, and if time is indeed a fourth dimension, there is no way we can understand this concept. No more than a rectangle or a triangle can comprehend what a pyramid is.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'd go back in time and tell Sheed to not help on Manu and leave Bob Horry open.
    brofmfa likes this.
  3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

A pyramid is a rectangle-triangle that ran into an air pump.
    The Panda likes this.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Larry Brown already tried that.

You'd probably have to do something like throw a water bottle at horry.
    brofmfa and BillLaimbeer like this.
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Just finished watching Milwaukee lose to Charlotte. Mid 3rd quarter, with Milwaukee hanging on, down by 6, the Charlotte announcer made this comment "The Bucks are hanging in there because of Knight and Middleton.." Knight was having a good game up to that point, nice to see, as he has not had many good games so far coming off his injury. Middleton, same old Middleton. Leave him open and he swishes the shot. Unfortunately for him though, his teammates just could not shoot an outside shot to save their lives. Middleton would sometimes bring the ball up, get to the basket and draw all the defenders - then he would kick it out to an open guy - who clanged one badly. Middleton is still not respected much by his coach. I mean, he is starting, sure. But for no reason, his coach leaves him out of the game for about 9 straight minutes each half - pretty crazy coaching when the guy is your only steady outside shooter. PS, while Mayo was hitting shots earlier in the season, lately he has been in a bad rut. And Butler is injured. Neal sometimes looks like he can shoot - but its only ever fleeting.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The only reason why Middleton is playing over Caron Butler, is that his coach likes him.
  7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Butler is injured. Might explain it.
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Since I don't really follow the Bucks, can someone tell me if their coach is clueless? Their 2-13 record seems to indicate that at the least, he has an agenda against winning. I would think that having Khris Middleton and Carlos Delfino on the roster would be good for 6-7 victories alone.
    BillLaimbeer, Walter and roscoe36 like this.
  9. roscoe36

Butler has played 12 games though. If you read the national press about Middleton, he's considered a very middling player (pun intended) on a very bad team.
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Delfino is injured, not playing this season. Their best front line player from last year is currently injured, Larry Sanders. Knight is coming off injury, and has exactly one decent game so far. At least half of one anyway. Lots of injuries. And yes, it is also coaching, for sure.
  11. linwood

linwood All-Star

Thanks, I suspected it might be a coaching/rotation issue.
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You like to make fun, but Middleton should be starting on our team, right now, as the starting shooting guard. Middleton could also very capable backup small forward, as well as a lot of power forward. All this would give Pope tons of minutes backing him up at shooting guard. It would be very nice to have a starting shooting guard who can shoot lights out. Middleton can.
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am not sure about Middleton, but it would be good to have at least one player on this team that shoot the lights out at any position.
  14. roscoe36

I was not trying to be funny at all with that post.

I don't know how good he is, he plays on the NBA's worst team. And I am surprised you have already abandoned POPE HOPE. I still have hope even though Pope can't hit the broadside of a barn with his jumper.

We have a lot of bigs already.

Middleton is tied for 103rd in the NBA for TS%. He's probably like, 150th in the league overall. Considering every team starts 5 players and there are 30 (?) teams, he's basically at the low end of the starter pool.

Now granted, not everyone in front of him is a starter, but by the same token, not everyone in front of him is considered a "lights out shooter" either.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Monster game from our BJ trade chips.

49 points
    13 rebounds
    8 assists
    5 steals
    1 block

Middleton is 1 point away from being the #2 scorer for the Bucks this year. He's leading the Bucks in TS% at .579. 2nd in win shares.
    Last in salary at $789K!

The throw in player is throwing down.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Afflalo is 10th in the NBA in scoring this season at 22.6 points per game. 10th in the league in win shares.

Leads ORL in TS% at .617.

Both these guys are going high volume with high efficiency.

(Lee, just filling in for you tonight).
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I just finished watching Milwaukee beat Washington in OT. Now, Washington is one of the teams I am following this year, but I was rooting for Milwaukee in this one.

Knight ended up having a pretty good game, and he hit the triple that sent the game into OT.

I thought Milwaukee was toast in the 2nd half when Nene started to work inside - as Milwaukee was going kind of small using Henson at starting center. But Nene came out of the game with tendinitus in his foot - and they had already lost Webster at the end of the half from an ankle injury. So it was a really close game all the way thru the 4th, with Wall and Ariza keeping Washington in it. And Gortat was using his size well too to score inside.

Henson ended up with a monster double double. Mayo finally hit some shots. So in all, 4 Miwaukee starters scored 16 or more points in the game. Ilyasova did not do much, but the guy can shoot, so Milwaukee had some pretty darn good floor spacing, what with often two guys having to watch just Middleton.

Middleton had a career game, 29 points. His coach decided to win this one. Middleton was left out there for 47 minutes. His 4 - 7 on threes keeps him right up there with the leagues elite on 3 point shooting.
  18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I just finished watching Golden State come back from 27 down to beat Toronto, from Tuesday. Amir Johnson, while having a good game with 16 / 10, and being a good part of getting the 27 point lead, did nothing to hold back the run of GS.

Biggest surprise of this game, the seemingly knocking off of ten years on the age of Jermaine O'Neal. Now, GS went crazy on 3's in that comeback, hitting for instance their first six triple tries in the 4th. Some of that was O'Neal being so effective inside. And O'Neal was not just being a beast on offense (including offensive boards), he was swatting shots and clearing the defensive glass very well. Basically he was just the pre - injury O'Neal. Curry and, mostly, Clay Thompson hit those threes. David Lee was also working effectively inside, basically teaming with O'Neal to completely outclass the bigs of Toronto.

Part of the comeback was the fact that Lowry got knocked down, and out of the game for a good stretch. When he came back, the momentum of GS stalled for a while, but then the onslaught continued with Curry just leading a masterful attack, and GS swarming like crazy on defense.

I just checked the boxscore, O'Neal was plus 30 in his 23 minutes, which included all of the comeback from 27 down.
    linwood likes this.
  19. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

In Lee's universe, that guy's name is Rodney White.
  20. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

For the record, I believe that Middleton would be the best SF on this team. He defends. He can hit the three. He runs the floor. He has a two-dribble pull-up. He can curl off of the baseline. The kid can play. I had him as a 17 point scorer before he was traded.

He was not given away. He was traded for Jennings. You weren't ever going to get Jennings for Knight straight up.
    Walter and linwood like this.