Fantasy Baseball 2012 - Season discussion and trash talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by BillLaimbeer, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

He's played so well...........probably has qualified for the playoffs already. :)
  2. Nemo

After 4 weeks my bunch is doing ok..........

Hitters are 17 - 6 - 1 with both AVG and OBP being 4-0.
    Very happy with that since the heart of my lineup is on the DL.

Pitchers are 7 - 12 - 5 as we struggle for victories and saves.
    ERA has been up and down, with holds in a holding pattern.
    8 starts this week with a 2.22 starters ERA and I get only 2 wins.............:cold:

Thee was very kind to me this week.........so I say thanks. :)
  3. Nemo

I assumed that Spoilers #2 would bring back the Earl of Sandwich to reality.......but alas.......:confused:
  4. Nemo

Hey Darth...good luck this week. You got No Longer The Inge, and that bunch is real tough. :)

I'm just hoping to break even this week against Round. Round has a lot of big uglies on that team.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Our league is very competitive so far. Rascoe is looking strong early, but I wouldn't rule out any of the 10 teams, at this point.
  6. BillLaimbeer

I play TheWhifff. I wish I wouldn't have played him for a few more weeks. By that time, he would have dropped his entire roster.
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

My pitching stats are maybe the best in the league so far, but I've run into some tough match ups. Seems like every pitching staff transforms into a bunch of Nolan Ryan's against my team and many of my good performances were wasted.

My hitting has been just plain terrible. Almost every player is either slumping. On paper they looked pretty good when I drafted them. Too many stolen bases and not enough power. I'm trying to balance that out a little bit.

I'm superstitious. I knew the previous change to "Drath's Spoilers 2" wouldn't work. Those names with #2 never do. So once again, my team name changed. Let's see...23 weeks in the season...3 name changes in 5 weeks due to suckiness...17 weeks to go after this one...so at this rate if my team continues to play like this, I will have had 14 or 15 different names by the time this is all said and done. It must be the name that is the problem, right? Or am I wearing the wrong color socks on game days? Anyhow, I plan to get it figured out soon so expect to see me in the playoffs (until the 2nd round, anyhow).

I hope you rookies are having fun. The league looks competitive. We do have one straggler (Baseball Time), but his schedule has been absolutely brutal (like mine...4 of my 5 matches have been against top teams), plus he ran into round on a week where round went totally ballistic and would have ground any of us into hamburger.
  8. Nemo

I'm going with 6 starters again this week. Seems like that's what I gotta do to get some pitching points.
    By Wednesday I'll have 5 starts to Round's 3. Interesting new name for your team........:)
    I've dropped 2 of my Tiger players as they were the poorest of my hitters. Gonna keep Avila and hope he snaps out of it, but he's utility now. Still hoping that my 3 DL players come back soon. I'll need them in case Hamilton cools off or gets injured.

If Rascoe is a rookie.......then we're doing very well.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'm chasing BA and OBP and losing production.
  10. Nemo

It's been tough to hang on to players. I've thought about cutting loose some of my DL dead weight. Hopefully, they come back soon. You and Darth are right up there with Whifff as far as roster moves.

Funny how these games go. Last night Round has 30 ABs but only gets 1 run and 1 RBI.....while another strikes quickly with 10 runs, 10 RBIs, and 5 HRs.......
  11. Darth Tater

I like baseball because it lasts so long that it usually evens out in the end (Until the playoffs, damnit!!) LOL. You're correct about my roster moves. Irregardless of the sport, I love trading and messing with my roster. Funny, but just as soon as I think I am all set, a bunch of stuff happens the next day.

I'm probably like everyone else in one regard. I pay a lot more attention when my team is doing well (in any given week or any given season). If I'm losing bad, I can usually put it out of my mind and focus more on other stuff (so it's kind of an unwanted blessing, really). I love this baseball league. It's been challenging for me this season plus lots of nice rivalries I have (with all but a couple of you guys).
  12. BillLaimbeer

The difference is Whiff has been dropping top-100 players that he drafted in his top 10. Drath and I are moving end-of-the-bench guys in and out.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I aint messing with these cats... get your OBP and BA up or get out.
    Even if i had a full lineup Neems would've ruled.
    I hope Mojo is just trending...that S is red hot.
    How do you put a guy on "DL" ? Chipper went on DL so I cut him.
  14. Nemo

Poor Matt Cain. Another pitching loss. Only 1 victory in 5 starts. At least I've got Chris Sale who won again...
  15. BillLaimbeer

You have to click on the following Monday as if you were setting your lineup for next week. If you have a guy with the red DL next to his name, you can simply move him to the DL position.
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

17. Nemo

4 starts so far with 2 wins.....my opponent has 2 wins with three starts.........

Luckily, I have 5 more scheduled starts.............my opponent has just 3 more.........

With my luck.........I'll probably break even........:)
  18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Folks didn't believe me when I say I peaked 2 weeks ago.... doesn't look like anybody took my season is over don't come back speech to heart... Oh well I'll always have that one week in 2012 when I was King of the world!!!!!
  19. Darth Tater

Yep. I did a 360 on that RP. That Yankee was on my team for 7 minutes. I felt foul I tell ya...FOUL. I just am not that desperate. Even if it costs me a couple categories at some point...I really do NOT care. I had a Dallas Cowboy or two on my football team last year. I just couldn't resist and YES, I WAS desperate late in the year (some running back that caught fire and I think a receiver). It still bothers me that I stooped to that level of filthiness. I gotta be able to root for my guys and it is too hard to do with those sleeze balls on my roster.

Baseball...No New York Yankees

Hockey...No New Jersey Devils

Basketball...No Los Angeles Lakers

Football...No Dallas Cowboys
  20. BillLaimbeer

Drath, do you realize that after this summer we will both have "5 Time Fantasy Champion" above our names?