Fantasy Baseball 2012 - Season discussion and trash talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by BillLaimbeer, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

I've had 3 starters go this week so far, but I have 5 wins. :)

Did have a pitcher with a 135.00 ERA today though..........:cold:
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Shut your huge pie hole Clown-Pants.
    Some of us are having a very bad summer.
    Some of us are being abused and stepped on by vile players.
  3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

[​IMG]
    Nemo likes this.
  4. Nemo

That's why I let you beat me the other week.............
  5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Keep it up. It may keep me out of the cellar if I keep running into people hitting as if possessed.

After 6 days Baseball team has the following stats. I will put the. Next best number in the entire league below it.

Runs:39
    Laim 32

OBP .457
    nemo.383

Average : .361
    Laimbeer .309

Homers: 17
    Roscoe: 9

RBI:34
    Roscoe:26

If I missed someone and their numbers I assure you it was unintentional so don't get all butt hurt over it.

Unbelievably, I am only down 5-7. But that is a plastic stat. Cheap stuff. Like I an up 3-2 in Holds. V He would get the major shaft if I could hold on to some of those in the end.

My team puts up very average numbers and may be road kill soon. But my zombie circus will still do one more killer
    performance for nemo. ;)
  6. Nemo

I feel for ya. If things go right. If you're unable to improve and others continue on their merry way..........You'll end up in 9th place after this week.......:)

Because of that.........and with 77 trade attempts to improve your team...falling flat.....I want to help.........

[​IMG]
  7. Darth Tater

I 'm not crying. I'm posting my thoughts and trying to list things of interest related to the league. Obviously, I'm frustrated when my team isn't winning. Who isn't??

I am one of the very few people participating in fantasy sports on our forum that actually continues to try to actively participate in discussions and take the heat even when my team is losing on a particular week or when it has a losing record. Most people run away and hide until their teams start winning again. Some don't even have the gonads to admit they were hiding and come up with lame excuses after the fact as to why they were not around. Stuff like Vacations that they forgot to mention. Coincidentally returning just as their team has taken the lead in a match.

So I will stop "crying" and "whining". You guys can carry the ball and keep things interesting and alive in here.
  8. Nemo

I did mention the vacations before they started. Said that I'd be gone for basically 6 weeks, with very little internet time.
    If you're not sure of this.........just check the thread where Rascoe asked for help this summer.
    I would rather have been here to follow the league, but I do enjoy getting away.

Your crying and whining will always be welcome here in the fantasy threads Darth.......:)
    You're right about one thing though............I thought there would be much more bashing in these threads.
    Kinda boring having to focus on just you a lot.
  9. Nemo

current records in jeopardy......as of Wednesday 5pm...............

SAVES stands at 10............Laimbeer has 9 now

WINS stands at 6.............Nemo has 6 now.

Steals stands at 11..........Laimbeer has 9 now.

HRs stands at 19...........Baseball time has 17 now.
  10. jammertime

Those are some impressive #s, but we also had an extra long week because of the All Star game, so that skews things a bit.
  11. jammertime

UPDATE! I just got my first hold of the season! Of course, it came with an ERA of 9.00 and a WHIP of 2.00, but who's counting?
  12. Nemo

You're a small poop. :poop:
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We will have a long week when it is all said and done, but we haven't finished 6 days yet. I had 8 stolen bases in the first 2 days.
  14. jammertime

Ah, good point. I lost track of what day it was. Impressive numbers.
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, even when you factor in the Canadian exchange rate, there are some big numbers being posted this week.
  16. Nemo

League is really starting to tighten up based on this week's score's so far...............
    ...........If current scores are applied.............

1. Difference between 1st and 9th place would be only 10 games in the wins column.
    2. 9th place would only be 13.5 games back.
    3. Difference between 3rd and 9th place will only be 6 games............yikes............:cold:

That makes Sandwich, Nemo, Round, Inge, Laimbeer, Baseball, and Bozo.............in the fight for their playoff lives.
    Is this exciting............or what. 4 playoff spots left for 7 teams..............good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Nemo

Ellsbury hitting 10 of 22 in the last 5 games.............glad I put him in.........:bow1:
  18. Nemo

I tried posting Cabrera's pic in my avatar to jinx him this week..............:)

So far...........hitting .375, 7 Runs, 2 HRs, and 4 RBIs...........OBP of .464. :cold:

I kinda get the feeling his picture is sticking his tongue out................at me...............:gaah:
  19. Nemo

20. Darth Tater

Strassburg will hang around long enough to suit my purposes. I don't worry about a pitcher or two anyhow.

Jammer, Bezeach, Baseball Time, nemo, Inge, and Laimbeer. In no particular order.

I hope the best team during the entire season (Jammer, as of now, IMO) wins the playoff trophy, but that is far from a given.

It isn't over but in truth, while I love my team, they have really disappointed me. I certainly didn't have any GOOD luck to say the least, but my luck wasn't terrible either. I still can't figure out what exactly is wrong with the overall composition/chemistry. In all honesty I would give myself a "B" in effort and a "D" in the executive decisions category. Without doubt a down year and unnaceptable performance, but you can't build a doninant team EVERY year.

It's funny. Whenever I think I drafted well in fantasy sports I field a loser. When I think I drafted lousy I do really well. But it is what it is. You really can never know how the dice will come up.

Also, is it just me, or do you guys also check the scores several times a day when your team is doing well (or even obsessively watch the score board for a few minutes), but only check the stats once or twice a day (and often even forget about it entirely- at least until Laimbeer texts you and draws your attention back to it) when you are being handed your butt on a platter)?

Probably just me. :-)