Fantasy Baseball 2012 - Season discussion and trash talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by BillLaimbeer, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

You won a couple of pitching categories this week only because of YOUR extra guys. (Wins and Strikeouts). It all evens out. So you can quit with the shorthanded victim stuff already, fishy.

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Inge has no business wearing a MLB uniform.

3. BillLaimbeer

Sunday afternoons are pretty common days for a couple of regulars to get a day off.

4. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

You went with three starters this week.........I went with five.
    Guess whose team had more wins and strikeouts?

In turn...you had more saves and holds..........It all works out....
    Cause you had more RPs than I............:)

The other 2 pitching categories simply went to the better pitching staff.

5. BillLaimbeer

Holy cow. I would have drafted Bautista if I would have known Jammer would be willing to give his entire team away for him.

6. Darth Tater

True. Your pitching staff MUST be REALLY good...no... GREAT, since it was able to dump Yovanni Gallardo after one poor outing! :jaw:

(Yes, your pitchers were superb... up until today, that is....uhmmm...I know it's not my place to question your judgment but maybe you should have kept Gallardo...just in case..I mean, he did do pretty well the next outing...but I know...I know...YOU like to learn on the fly).:caked:

We shall meet again, my friend. We shall meet again. It is a VERY long season. :nerner:

Well done. It was a fun week. But...I play somebody named Laimbeer next week. Does anyone here know him? Well, no matter...I'm sure he is a very nice man...The only thing I've heard about him is that he is a warm weather type of guy. I wonder what that means? :evil:

7. Nemo

I guess we'll have to compare Gallardo's stats to Porcello's at the end of the season.
    That is who will replace him.........

So far..........Gallardo.......5.91 ERA, 1.78 WHIP, 1-1 record
    My boy.......Porcello........2.57 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, 0-0 record

I hope Gallardo does well cause Laim Jr picked him up................
    I know Porcello will do just fine...............:)

P.S. - My five guys today had 5 runs, 4 RBIs, 1 HR, and batted .381 with OBP of .435............smokin.....
    Your 10 guys today had 7 runs, 6RBIs, 1HR, and batted ..300 with OBP of .364...wimpy, wimpy, wimpy... :)

Your guys let you down.............BTW........first week goes to NEMO.........7-4...:lol:

8. Nemo

Darth can sometimes work his magic................

9. Darth Tater

Picking up Porcello wasn't the problem...but couldn't you have dropped someone other than Gallardo? I'm pretty sure Gallardo will do well anyhow, and not "cause Laim Jr. picked him up................" (Did i get the number of dots right? But nemo...now YOU have got the number one waiver pick, and from what I know of Jr. I guarantee he isn't likely to return the favor. Just like I guaranteed he WOULD pick him up after you dropped him. :lecturer:

I'll take the 4-7 after being down 3-9 this morning. I see my reliever got a last minute win. I fell an RBI short though.

I'm glad you sound excited and are doing well so far. I want you to like baseball. I honestly want you to continue with you success. In fact, I think you should have the box score from this week framed and hang it on your bedroom wall. I'll pick up a frame at the dollar store and have the commissioner send it to you.

10. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I would have drafted him too had I not lost track of time and missed the draft! :frusty:

I FINALLY got my guy, after only 2 seasons of begging Tater for him. So this is a keeper league right? :cheerlie-GOAL:

11. Nemo

Gosh......I hope nobody does me any favors. I wanna win on my own. Nemo always played to win and I dedicate my first season to him. Beating you was just a bonus, although you can send the frame to the "Suds Hut" in Billings, MT.......Just send it to Nemo.........

I gotta get busy and see if Bezeach has any weaknesses that I can exploit. I got him in football...week 1, but I expect baseball to be different. Darth...have a good season. P.S. any amount of dots.....................if ok with me. :)

12. Darth Tater

Keep up the trash talk, nemo. You're the best thing that's happened to the league in a long while.

13. Nemo

Thanks, but I think Rascoe is still in 1st place...........:)

14. BillLaimbeer

They don't give trophies to the regular season champion. Just ask Drath. :party2:

15. Nemo

Your team BA and OBP this week were great...........just ran into a buzz saw this week.

16. Darth Tater

Hardly. I wasn't able to talk you into voting with the team during The Picks Game.

The best trades are where everyone wins. Jammer and I have a long history of making trades with each other. Every single one was a fair trade that we were both happy with, but somehow he has always ended up with the better part of the deal. He's no dummy...at least when it comes to fantasy sports.

Two of my friends who have been very successful in fantasy baseball came over about a half after we had traded. I asked them what they thought. Both thought that I was stupid for doing the deal...one said "You're crazy. Bautista for those guys"??? One merely shook his head. I still disagree. Different people have different opinions. The general rule of thumb, if you believe the "experts", is that the player who gets the best one in an uneven swap regarding numbers got the better of the deal.

I hate to defend Jammer...or any Cannuckian for that matter, but both of us are happy with the trade. I feel I got two guys who can help my team even though I had to part with a player who is one of my all time favorites and also one of the best in the league. Jammer feels like he got a guy who can help his team and who is one of his all time favorites and is on his favorite team. I remember giving up a bit more than maybe I wanted to or would have for a non-Phillie in order to get Phillies on my team. It adds greatly to the enjoyment.

Jammer has Miguel Cabrera AND Jose Bautista in his lineup. Anyone looking forward to playing him? I think it was a very good trade for both sides.

17. BillLaimbeer

It was just tied 6-6 and my son got some last-minute numbers to take me down 6-4. Argh. He's freakin' cheater. Hopefully, Drath will take him out this year.

18. BillLaimbeer

Junior thinks this is a VERY EVEN trade.

19. Nemo

I woulda preferred Bautista over those two other guys........He'll be hard to beat.

20. Darth Tater

Uhmmm...well, yeah. I'll crush you all to dust. No problem. We ARE talking REGULAR season games, right? :toilet: