Fantasy basketball money league...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by #1Pistonfan, Oct 19, 2006.

1. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

I recently bought into cbssportsline.com fantasy basketball money league. You pay $100 dollars for a chance to win $600 (there are more options but this seemed like the best deal).

Categories are PTS, REB, ASSISTS (2 points), STLS, BLOCKS & TURNS. Ten teams w/ 13 players.

The link will show how the rosters are set up. Its different and I like yahoo's setup better but this is the only money league I could find.

Sign In - CBS SportsLine.com
  2. #1Pistonfan

My draft was last weekend and I plan on getting into a couple more. I was really surprised how my first draft played out. I'll list my first 4 picks (ended up w/ the first pick)

Lebron (1)
    AK47 (24)
    Jkidd (25)
    BWallace (49)
  3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow, that's a solid top 4. Not bad for a 12 man draft. It looks like you got each of them ahead of where most places (Yahoo, NBA.com, etc.) projected them.

I'm not a gambler at all. Not because I'm against it or anything, I'm just really cheap. Hahaha. I've only been in one money league before, and that was only because it was my buddy's league and he didn't tell me we were playing for money until well after I had already signed up.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I enjoy fantasy sports so much I think I prefer not playing for money. Anyhow, good luck #1.
  5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I played in the CBS Sportsline league last year for the lowest dollar amount and came in 2nd place. I really enjoyed the league. Although the interface was not very inspiring, the options were awesome! So much so that it was my initial choice for the Trial league. I ended up going against it though because they eliminated the free option. You should have a lot of fun. Good luck to you!
  6. #1Pistonfan

I was hoping we could generate enough interest to start one through the forum, but it doesnt sound like we have enough gamblers. Anyway once our Advanced draft is complete this Sunday I'll reveal my whole squad (I dont want to give anything away). I'm pretty confident in my draft, but just worried about injury concerns and looking for other input on it.

Here is a better link for the rules...

Fantasy Basketball Leagues - CBS SportsLine.com