Fantasy Football 2011-12 discussions and trash talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Mogilny, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Who had the best draft?

Who made the strangest pick?

Who will win this league?

Let the trashtalk begin!

The rosters!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bring it!
  2. Mogilny

Big Gurlz looks pretty good. He will have a constant edge on TE, a nice collection of WR, a high potential QB and a pretty good running game.
  3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thank you for starting this thread Mogilny.

I think yours, Bezeach and Aurora look solid. Having depth is going to be more important in a 14 team league. Big Gurlz has nice starters but looks a little thin for RB depth. Though he will have some trading chips available with those TE's. Graham could be a top 5 TE this year.

The top 8 QB's went very quickly. There were some quality WR's that fell to the 4th and 5th round - Welker, Wayne, Marshall, Maclin, Harvin, etc.

Aurora may have snagged the Arian Foster of this season - Tim Hightower. Looks like she did her homework - nice job!

Other good value picks I liked: Brandon Jacobs (9th round), Lee Evans (10th), Aaron Hernandez (13th).

Overall, I thought everyone did a great job drafting. Should be a close season.
  4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

LeGarrette Blount in the 2nd round? :stirthepot:
  5. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It was odd drafting in a 14 team league! I had forgotten there were that many people, and when I saw I had the 12th pick, I figured I had two picks back to back.
    It was fun though. I was tending bar and trying to pick at the same time, which wasn't all that bad. I was happy to snag Rodgers at 12, heck I would have taken him at 8 or 9. I'm a little worried about being thin at running back, but RB's can break out after an injury, so I'll keep my eye on the FA pool.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

After looking at your roster...I can only imagine...

[​IMG]
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd add a 3rd kicker if I was you. :stirthepot:
  8. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

[​IMG]
  9. Mogilny

And I would get rid of that extra RB and add another defense in case your starting one gets injured.
  10. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If drafting two kickers due to an auto pick selection is my biggest worry, I'm feeling pretty good.
  11. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Laimbs, Jacoby Ford at the 84 pick!?! You know how to break a girl's heart! Now Coach, he was projected to go at 124.3 or the end of our 9th round and you stole him from me at the very bottom of the 6th which is just criminal in my mind. I was prepared to take him at the top of the 8th but who knew someone had a man crush on Jacoby bigger than my girl crush! I'm still smartin' over it. LOL. At least I got my Julio Jones!!! Ah, every spectacular Jacoby play will smart, that's for sure. But I forgive you, Laimbs, I forgive you. It seems we have the same taste in boys LMAO. You also took Marcedes Lewis and Devin Hester right out from under me in the same rounds I had them all queue'd up and ready to draft. Sigh. What might have been. :)
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah, Beer has a man crush on a lot of men. I only have one "TRON".
    Sleepers:
    anything Pats, Stafford, Nate B.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

LOL. Perhaps we will have to wheel and deal as the season goes on. I promise you that our taste in boys is not for the same reasons!! The Yahoo rankings don't factor all of Jacoby's return yards. You throw those in and he will be right up there. I had him as the 15th best WR. Hester was also in my top 25 WR rankings when you factor in the return yardage. I had Mercedes as the 6th best TE. I was happy getting him in the 8th round.

Anyway, all these guys look good on paper. We'll see what happens when they suit up and start smashing each other around!!
  14. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Ok I could do some kind of detective work but I've already look in the manager's section of yahoo to match up some of you'se guyses team names with your email names with your pf.com names with your real names and it's not working. Here's what I need to know. Who owns the following teams:

Wolverines of Sweden
    GYMps
    Cowardly Lions
    Big Gurlz Need Luv 2
    GuacnChips

I think Roscoe was on to something in Novice League Basketball when he insisted that everyone include their pf.com name in their name somehow. I must be slow but it always takes me a while to figure out who I'm playing. This time I know who I'm playing first because it's Darth!:cold::gun1::sssh::pound::)

Thanks for supplying the above info whoever might get around to it. This might be in previous posts somewhere, but I don't think so. As I said, I didin't get anywhere with the manager info in yahoo.
  15. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

You guys all act like this is rocket science!!! (^^^See above in red) :pound::pound::stirthepot:
  16. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Not everyone, probably just me Darth. Thanks EVER so! Now my files are getting organized for the beginning of our fantasy season. :reading::ranger::)
  17. Darth Tater

I'm still floored that you were texting me about a "play action" :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound: A month ago you didn't know a quarterback from a running back. Now you have purchased an NFL station, know what a "Play action fake" is and have the savvy to pick up Tim Hightower in a later round. :pound::pound::pound::pound:
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Aura I don't want you crying to your momma when our teams start blowing you out of the water.
    the gymp
  19. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

When he says "blowing you out of the water" he means "losing to you". :heh:
  20. Darth Tater

@ Thee TFD:

From the Eagles thread:

http://www.pistonsforum.com/lions-f...hia-eagles-football-thread-58.html#post275647

We each won one.

But your original point wasn't who had the better team or who got the better of each other. Your point was that the Eagles would be my demise. But as I illustrated, I had a "decent" team last year that was loaded with Eagles and it was one of only 6 of the 12 teams to make the playoffs.

But, really you're right. A "decent" team is not a Darth Tater team. We expect quality and dominance from our athletes. Nothing less than a championship trophy is acceptable. We expect "Superior" teams. Everyone from last year's team has been replaced and is either playing for a small market inferior team for less salary and fewer endorsement deals or is on waivers.

Due to the humiliation of not winning the championship, we took away one McNabbett from our nae to start the year...

Formerly the 6 piece Eagle Mcnabbetts....we signed up as the 5 piece Eagle Mcnabbetts.

We intend to sanction ourselves by taking away one Mcnabbett every year until we win the championship!

You know, we both may have gone a lot farther in the playoffs if our proposed trade had gone through.

Hillis to me (since you also had Blount and a couple other good running backs) and I had the two best quarterbacks (Rivers and Vick). I had no idea that the trade deadline had passed a day or two earlier. So I went in to the playoffs without a running back and you didn't have a quarterback.