Fantasy Football 2011-12 discussions and trash talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Mogilny, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

Can someone please shoot Brandon Lloyd in the kneecap before gametime tonight please? I will pay a hefty reward of 3 bucks for this service...:frown:

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I figure Darth's player will blow out a kneecap on the first play of the game, but Darth will be feeling more pain.

3. Nemo

Hat's off to my opponent this week who gathered in something like 180 fantasy points.
    Your team did it and mine laid an egg....or a Montana Mellon....:)

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Hey Mossy. That's just wrong.:nono:

Your wide receiver scored 15 points in the last couple minutes of the game Thursday night. My running back went down to injury early in our game last night. You scored to take the lead at the last possible moment last night. Lloyd has put up stinkers this year of 20, 38, and (last week) 34 yards. I promise you, I'm not taking anything for granted.

Both of our teams did well this week although they could have done fantastic IF we both hadn't pushed a couple of wrong buttons as managers. Random.

One of us will advance to take on bezeach in the semi-finals. One of us will get arrested along with Laimbeer for fishing without a license.

The wheel weaves as the wheel wills.

I would wish you good luck tonight, but really...I don't like lying. :darthvader:

5. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wheel of time fan?

6. Darth Tater

What in the light are you talking about, you wool headed sheep herder????

Are you now accusing me of being one of the Forsaken?

7. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nah, probably just a darkfriend. :mob-smiley2:

8. Nemo

Congrats to Darth.........looks like you're in the Championship game..........:)

9. Darth Tater

I've won nothing yet, so please hold on to the congratulations.

The playoffs are so random. But I'm very happy to be where I am.

10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What a comeback by Drath!! That will teach Bezeach for talking trash.

11. Nemo

I fgured I'd get the congrats out of the way in case you lose next week............:)

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What a bunch of sleazy "come from under a rock" teams to make it to the finals.

13. BillLaimbeer

Sore loser. Wah, wah, wah, wah.... :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

14. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'm in the Consolation Bowl! woot!:brushteeth:

15. Darth Tater

Darth--->:high5: :high5: <------Bill Junior ===== ----->:first: and :second:

Merry Christmas, Thee. I hope you find something real special in your stocking...

:third:

or
    :llama::poop:

:rofl:

16. BillLaimbeer

Too bad that is where your run will end.... :6shoot:

17. detteam

detteam All-Star

Do your remaining guys have enough gas in the tank to make up 50 points? lol

18. BillLaimbeer

You mean 33 points?

19. Nemo

Thanks Bill..........I thought Drew Would have a decent season. :)

20. Darth Tater

Congratulations to the Runner Ups!!

Anatomy of a season:

What a strange season this was for me.

Draft: I drafted 11th but was thrilled to land McCoy at that spot as I would have taken him first overall as he was the Eagles star back and laimbeer drafted him a pick or two before I could last season in the mid-early rounds, I believe. Next year he will be more expensive for certain although i think most other eagles will drop in value. I normally draft for man-love rather than skill, but I don't do anything crazy.

My plan was to "try to win" but load my team with Eagles. People drafted Desean Jackson pretty quick, and Maclin and the defense really really quick.

I was going to draft Matt Ryan a bit early, but grabbed Matt Stafford on a whim when lucky for me Lame took Ryan even earlier than I had planned to take him. Stafford was great.

Trades: I later traded for all three Eagles but couldn't get Maclin. I figured to lose out on Hillis for Jackson, but i came out a bit ahead as Jackson sucked less.

On the Eagles defense, nemo taunted me with them half the season. Then one day I picked up the Buffalo defense on waivers. I thought it might be a really good move. An hour later nemo offered me the Eagles defense for them. I declined. The Eagles defense was horrible. I figured I could get them as a backup defense in two weeks.

I thought more about it, and although I thought it might sting a bit I offered it to nemo and he accepted. They turned out to be pretty good. (Not sure how Buffalo ended up).

Record: Bad luck. I started out 1-4 with more points than all but a handful of other teams. I gave up my team for dead, I renamed my team from Eagle McNabbett's to Drath's Spoilers...I'm superstitious..., and then luck went my way, whenever luck was involved and I miraculously won 6 of my last 8 and made the playoffs by a hair.

I slipped into the playoffs defeating nemo by 2 points, and beat arguably the best team in the league (The Cowardly Lions) in the 1st round with a nice performance, then beat 1st place bezeach and I was in the finals.

My team had a poor performance in the finals and I ended up with silver. I was very happy to get it. Other really good teams, (Like Webz and the Wolverines did not have luck (it is so random) go their way and missed out on the playoffs, entirely).

I really didn't have much interest in this team most of the season. here were a couple of matches I really wanted to win due to the opponent or a close score that had developed, but when Aurora's team never took off after all of her hard work, it wasn't nearly as much fun although watching nemo and a couple of other rookies like Mowgli, detteam and Mossy, enjoy it made it more interesting and fun for me and overall I had a good time wasting time and admittedly, texting Laimbeer is always a hoot. I also like beating Thee because losing to me always ticks him off so much every time I get him... which I always do! :boink:

This was my first non-gold medal. I've won gold, missed the playoffs, and made the playoffs but come up empty handed. I had never ever won silver or bronze in any sport so the silver looks nice in the trophy case!!

I'm burned out on fantasy sports. It can be great fun but is too random once the playoffs hit, in my opinion. I currently PLAN to skip baseball at the very least. Already skipped basketball and hockey. If I play football next season, if you plan to draft eagles, once again plan to pay BIG bucks. :MusicBigGrin:

Thanks for being Commissioner, Webz. You aren't nearly as corrupt as I am.

Thanks to all who participated and talked trash and made this a very competitive league. Congratulations to all on a great season.