1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Fantasy Football 2011-12 discussions and trash talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Mogilny, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

A lot of teams have greatly benefited or suffered due to scheduling.

I've been totally screwed. My season is essentially over after five weeks and my team has played pretty well. It's just the way it goes sometimes.

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I've played the 1st place team...the 2nd place team...and the 4th place team, and I'm in 5th place. Where is the 3rd place team you ask??? I play him this week !!! Not a good schedule for me either. My least formidable foe this season beat me soundly. He's near the bottom with over 100 less "points for" than I..........

Seems to me that I do well when my guys do well, or some of them are off the charts.
    When I have just 1-2 players in double digit points...then I'm in trouble...

I'm just amazed at how many times I've gone to the waiver wire this year looking for help.

Looking for help is like trying to find a good real Christmas tree...on Christmas EVE !!! :(

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nemo, did you just call me "least formidable"? Ouch, that hurts.

4. Nemo

Your team was suffering from a lack of confidence by their fantasy owner. (YOU)

They still managed to beat my bunch who took Sunday off...

5. Darth Tater

Yeah. 14 teams is ultra competitive.

Football isn't like the other fantasy sports. It doesn't matter what place your opponent is in. It matters how many total points were scored against you in order to determine strength of schedule.

I've had 513 scored against me. That is 3rd highest in the league. I'm in 13th place even though my offense is 7th best out of 14.

I've outscored big Lame by 110. Yet he is one place above me.

Kim is in 14th (last) place. Her opponents have scored a league leading whopping 562!!! Her offense hasn't been very good but she hasn't even won one single game due to her schedule.

You've had 464 scored against you.That is the 6th easiest schedule in the league out of 14. I've outscored you by 3 yet you are 3-2 in 5th place while i am 1-4 in 13th place.

Thee has played the 6th hardest, but he is where he should be since he has the highest points scored of the entire league.

The mute in 2nd place is also where he belongs due to a powerful offense.

Webz is screwed. he scored the 3rds most in the league but his points against were 3rd highest in the league. He is in 7th place.

Lames kid has the 2nd easiest of everyone. Only 400 points scored against him. His offense is average but he is in 4th place and is 4-1 compared to my 1-4 even though he's only outscored me by 4 points the entire season.

Anyhow, my point is that it doesn't matter what place your opponents are in. It matters if you catch them on the "right" week.

6. Darth Tater

I'm sorry nemo was rude to you, Billiam. [STRIKE]He was easy on you so quit whining. Your team sucks. Sucks with a capitol "S". it SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS, I say. You have the lowest point total in the entire league. least formidable. That's an understatement. [/STRIKE] We should all follow your example and be kind to our fellow forumites.

7. Nemo

The four teams that I'm playing in the first 6 weeks have 4 of the 6 highest "points for" totals...

That means that those teams have been consistently good. Not just high in the standings..

You've had a lot of points scored against you. That means that teams have had good weeks against you. That's just bad luck Darth, not a bad schedule.

You lost to Motown Pride who has 444 points. However, he scored 120 against you. That's 40 points above his average...BAD luck for you...

You also lost to Wolverines of Sweden who scored 98 points against you. That score also above his average...he scored 81 this past week...

Webz beat you scoring 118 points...again, above his weekly average. You've just faced teams that peak your week..........Bad luck....

My bad luck came against a depleted team and my guys only came up with 72 points. 32 points below my average...

8. BillLaimbeer

There is justice in this world!!! :pound:

Actually, my 89.38 points last week would have beaten over 1/2 the teams in the league....just plain unlucky for me. I should be 3-2 right now. :(

9. Darth Tater

Bad luck...bad schedule. Same thing. It means you can lose to Bill Laimbeer. Basketball...baseball...football...it doesn't matter. I lose to Bill Laimbeer. Do you think it matters that I have great teams and his teams smell like garbage? Do you think it does? Huh? Huh? NOOOOOOOOOO. It does NOT!!! I lose to %^&%%$#(**&%#@! Bill Laimbeer!!! :loco::loco::loco::loco::loco:

But it's OK. My therapist at Shady Pines says it will be OK. I'm OK. Bill's OK. Fantasy sports doesn't matter. Really. Who cares. I'm always happy for Bill. I like to see him happy...and boastful...but it's OK. Yes. Everything will be fine. It doesn't matter that I used to be happy.

I HATE LOSING TO THAT (&*^%$$%%^&&***** Bill Laimbeer!!!!!!!!

I feel safe expressing myself with Rascoe gone. I may have crossed the line on out friendliness policy. It's OK. Yes. It will be just fine.

10. BillLaimbeer

Isn't it convenient to just blame a certain loss to bad luck? Perhaps my team just played good defense against you that week.

11. Darth Tater

He can't handle losing to you. Maybe he needs therapy.

12. BillLaimbeer

Nemo is not as mature as you. When I destroyed your fantasy baseball team in the playoffs this year (even after your team dominated the league for the entire summer), you didn't mind. You were just happy for me. That's what friends do.

13. Nemo

Now that's a BillLaimbeer answer....:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

14. Nemo

I could use some skin therapy...I get dry skin in the winter............

15. Darth Tater

Thanks, Bill.

You're a good person. You have really good fantasy teams. It's a pleasure to watch you manage.

nemo needs to grow up.

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Now do you see the need for 2, 6-8 team leagues ?

17. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Our team has kind of established a pattern:

Week 1 - 64.60
    Week 2 - 132.52
    Week 3 - 62.32
    Week 4 - 119.28
    Week 5 - 65.56

Based on this trend my next opponent is in for a thrashing! lol!

18. Nemo

There's one team out there that would lose on those odd weeks of yours...

19. Darth Tater

Naturally, I caught you on week 4 and my 114 wasn't good enough. :smash::gaah:

All my team has to [STRIKE]live [/STRIKE] aim for now [STRIKE]is to crush the living crap out of Bill Laimbeer's bunch of disease ridden flea bitten rag tag assembly of ^&*(%$#@@#$%^&** and pulverize them into dust that I hope Laimbeer slowly chokes on for all of the rest of his miserable existence[/STRIKE] perhaps cause a little bit of discomfort to another team hoping to make the playoffs.

20. BillLaimbeer

Drats! I play you on an even week. :(