Fantasy Football 2012: Season discussions and trash talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by BillLaimbeer, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Every last one of us (including Panda/mr. I'm not going to set my lineup for half the year and SO WHAT if Im likely to be banned from ever playing fantasy sports on this forum ever again)!

At least you and Darth Jr.get to control your own destinies to make the playoffs).Lame Jr., Nemo, And Lame Sr. all need varying degrees of help to get in. But after this week one of those teams will replace you or Darth Jr. Because you two play each other and lose most tiebrakers.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Myself, Mowgli, and Detteam are fighting for the byes with only two games left. I only need one win to get in whole the other two battle it out next week.

Cowardly is just lurking about, with a guaranteed playoff spot ( I don't think he can get a bye though due to tiebreakers). I'm too lazy to check numbers if I can't figure it out with more than figuring stuff out at a glance.

My point is that I've never seen a league where EVERYONE still has a shot to make it to the playoffs with only two games remaining. the picture will become much clearer by Monday night if not tomorrow. I also expect that nemo will return from his hiatus if he is victorious this week...which the way things are going means we probably won't see him for months, Lol.

There have been some unbelievably crazy upsets so I won't even venture to guess will happen.
  2. Darth Tater

Mowgli: plain and simple. Finish me off tonight and if Detteam loses he clinches bye #1. If Detteam wins tonight,Mowgli will need to beat Detteam next week or Mowgli could miss the two byes altogether.

Darth: needs 20 tonight from Jackson to beat Mowgli. Not going to happen. But if it somehow does then I clinch bye #1. I was rooting big time for Nemo (although it goes against everything I stand for,lol) last night because a nemo win over detteam
    almost assures me playoff bye #2, at the least).

Detteam: win tonight plus Darth loss means if Detteam beats Mowgli next week detteam takes bye #1. Lose this week and most likely Detteam misses the byes.

Cowardly: his victory this week most likely assures him 4th place.

Thee: needs to hope The Mavericks Bryce Brown is held to under 16 points to gain the 5th or 6th playoff spot. But The Eagles have a rookie quarterback and the Eagles should be running the all a lot if they can stay close to the Panthers. If Thee loses, and nemo wins, nemo could grab the final spot if he wins next week meaning Thee misses the playoffs.

Nemo: if he holds deteams tight end to under 19 points tonight, he will be playing Laimbeer next week for the 6th and final playoff spot.

Mavericks (Darth Jr..) need to win this week and next week to gain a playoff spot. Lucky for Thee that Parmele left the game in the first quarter or Thee could probably kiss his playoff hopes goodbye.

Laimbeer: many had written him off as dead a couple of weeks ago. His victory over the ghost means that if he beats nemo next week he goes to the playoffs most likely with the 5th or 6th spot.

LaimbeerJr. : R.I.P.

Panda: R.I.P. and good riddance to you,Sir!

A very competitive league. We should. have a much clearer picture after tonight's game.
  3. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Three Crowns til I die!
  4. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

This is the closest fantasy playoff race I've seen in a long while (ever).

My Cowardly Lions are battle-tested and ready to roll into the playoffs!:chopper:
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I still have an undefeated team at NFL.com 12-0, one that's 8-4 and one that's 5-7
  6. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

My team is not playoff worthy. If I win tonight I'll play a bunch of bums (my starters)
    next week so Laimbeer can score an easy victory.

again....I selected a talented roster, but they stink. :poop:
  7. Darth Tater

What makes you think Laimbeer's team doesn't suck even more than your team? Laimbeer beats me in the playoffs all the time with teams like that. LMAO.
  8. Nemo

Three months ago Bill....I made this prediction........Will it come true????
  9. Darth Tater

Bill will win. Nothing personal nemo, but It is tradition that I get knocked out of all fantasy playoffs by a Laimbeer that just barely made it into the post season. It is part of the holiday festivities in the Darth household. It is the holiday in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We call it "Flip Saunders Day". We celebrate it twice on the years when the planets align just right and Rufus Henry's "Blind Squirrels" find their nuts and win a game. Good thing that one only comes around infrequently because for some unknown reason most of our guests find themselves in jail with a huge hangover while a couple are found hanging in the morning with nooses around their necks. So, Yes nemo, . You are correct.
  10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well, the odds are stacked against me. I not only have to win my matchup, I will also need some help in other matchups. That's why I have my team doing two-a-days right now. We can rest in the off-season. We will give 110%. There is no tomorrow. On any given Sunday. We play to win the game. There is no place like home. There is no place home. We will leave no stone unturned. We need to stick to our game plan. We hope cooler heads prevail. We just have to take it one game at a time. We just have to want it more than our opponents. We are better than our record indicates. As long as we play a full 60 minutes and leave it all on the field, I think we will be okay.
  11. Darth Tater

I hate to correct you, Sir, but you are wrong if my calculations are correct. You win and you're in. No help needed. This is why I post scenario updates. :)
  12. Darth Tater

Nope
    . I'm wrong again.
  13. Darth Tater

So here's the deal. But Laimbeer will have the final say in this.

There are five games remaining in the regular season. One of the games contains The two non-contenders. The other four games all consist of potential playoff candidates.

AThe playoff relevant games are:

Drath (8-4) vs. TFD (5-7).

If I win TFD is out of the playoff picture. . I have already clinched bye number two. But I will have a shot at bye number one If mowgli loses and I win. But I would like to win to help mavericks out. It also puts Laimbeer in if he wins his match.

TFD gets In if he beats me But only if Mavrick loses. But if maverick wins tfd can only get in with a win if Laimbeer beats Nemo. He will also have one more win then Either Nemo or Laimbeer Because One will get kicked out by the other Since they play each other. He is out if he loses Because Maverick will have one more win than him and Either Laimbeer or Nemo will also have one more win.

Maverick(6-6) vs cowardly (7-5) Somehow cowardly lion stays out of all of this mess. He loses the tiebreaker with debt team. So I believe he is still stuck in fourth. Mavericks is out if he loses. He loses all tiebreakers. But if TFD loses Mavericks is in no matter what.

Debt team (7-5) versus mowgli(9-3)7-5)If Mowgli wins He takes first place. But if he loses and I win he will take the second bye. Debt team and takes third-place no matter what. Even if he wins and I lose he loses the tiebreaker to me. That puts me in first place because I win a tie breaker over Mowgli. But I don't care either way. I have no idea who I will play anyhow. Debt wins the tiebreaker over cowardly if they both win or both win or lose.

Laimbeer (5-7( verses Nemo (5-7). This is where I made the big oversight. My notes were correct but my memory failed me. Again. Lol. If nemo wins He is in. He beats TFD in a tiebreaker. If Laimbeer wins He can only get in if Maverick OR TFD loses. . If Laimbeer or nemo lose they are out.

Complicated stuff, huh. But it is fun and I am bored so I'm Doing the run down. This is one close contest.

It is difficult to read this over from an iPhone. So if I find any errors I will make the Corrections after I post.
    TheeTFD likes this.
  14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It's a wonder Yahoo doesn't do that considering all the other stuff they do.
  15. Darth Tater

The TFD stuff was garbled. TFD could win but if nemo also wins and maverick wins then mAv would have one more win then all of them and. then nemo wins the tiebreaker over tfd Leaving TFD out. If maverick loses TFD wins the tiebreaker over mAverick but not nemo so TFD is in.

I'm sorry I attempted this.
  16. Darth Tater

Oh yeah. Mavericks Getson with the loss if TFD also loses...
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

good stuff Tate
  18. Nemo

Got 5 guys going Thursday night...........

With............

100 points tonight Bill, you're toast. :icon evil:

80 points tonight Bill, close week. :nailbiting:

60 points tonight Bill, crapper time for me............. :toilet:

Last time these two teams played.............the 5 got me 110 points............ :bow1:
  19. Darth Tater

You guys were supposed to be within 3 of each other. Yahoo had you at 60 today. Not a good start for you with 50, but not NECESSARILY disastrous for you. It is unusual when your receivers get so many points with theit quartsrback getting so few.
  20. Nemo

Gotta look at the Math Darth................

Brees was the culprit yesterday.....5 interceptions and no TDs...........

If he throws his average of 3 TDs and 1 int..........that's a swing of 26 points in his favor.
    Add 3 TD catches and 60 more yards for the WRs (not to the other team), cause my guys catch 83% of his TD catches....that's 24 more points.
    Now subtract 3 points because Brees throws for less yards since he's throwing less desperation passes and,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'd have 98 points this AM...........

Imagine...Brees had 54 straight games with at least 1 TD pass..........last night he had zero.
    he hadn't thrown 5 int's since Wayne Fontes was coach.........:)

that's why I threw my team under the bus recently...........