Fantasy Football 2013: Season discussions and trash talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Mossberg, Sep 6, 2013.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You know you looked....:lol:
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I should change the name of my team to "Opponent".
    detteam and roscoe36 like this.
  3. BillLaimbeer

Other possible names for your team: Cupcake, Bye, Consolation Finalist, Off Week.
    Darth Tater and roscoe36 like this.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Wouldn't it "Bye Bye"?
    Darth Tater likes this.
  5. BillLaimbeer

That would work, too.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

yeah have fun with that.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

So one of my teams is vs another 9-3 team. This guy has been using Legatron as his kicker all season.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

1. linwood,
    2. del,
    3. TheeTFD,
    4. round,
    5. kpaav
    Total: 31 (members: 5, guests: 10, robots: 16)
    you guys held me to 4-9 and out of the P/Os, which is 1 of 6 at Yahoo.
    1 of 3 didn't make it at NFL.com
  9. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

Well, my playoff run was looking promising until Gronk tore his ACL and MCL. My team is still decent, but it's hard to replace roughly 20pts per game at the TE position.

There are a couple of good teams that I have to go through to repeat my title, so it will be an interesting two weeks.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  10. detteam

detteam All-Star

Jamaal went insane.

A pleasure to meet you again in the playoffs. This one had a better result for me than last.

Not sure how the Championship round will go. Took Tater down in our only meeting week 7, but his team has been a juggernaut most of this season.
  11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I know the trick all to well. But it doesn't matter. Even though I am 99 percent sure he is making things up, every time I immediately check to see if my guy really DID get hurt. :wedgie:
  12. Darth Tater

You beat me to the punch.
  13. Darth Tater

You caught me on a rare bad week last time. Neither one of us played very well.

Your team is very good but neither one of us did great yesterday. I came a long way back to pass you last night but couldn't put you away because the game was such a blowout they pulled all my guys. We both missed some opportunities. I should've played Joique Bell and you should've used the Cincinnati defense. Lacy was having a really good day for you but he got hurt. Jim Schwartz is an idiot and maybe if he hadn't pulled Bush he would keep his job next year and I would have more points.

I've got a 12 point lead and I've still got a stud TE and good kicker tonight.

You've got a really good receiver ( whom I dropped a few weeks ago) who has had more than one huge game this year.

I've been stuck on 5 gold trophies in here for years. I'm hoping to earn that elusive sixth.

Yahoo says my chances of winning are 88%. Don't pay any attention to that. Yahoo also predicted that I would go 2-11 this season. I was 10-3 ( not including playoff wins). I know I could still lose this thing .

I've had some awesome football weekends. My fantasy team usually won, Michigan State was nearly perfect, and the Eagles went 6-1 the last few games!!

So no matter what happens ( if my fantasy team ends up with " only silver" , and MSU loses in the Rose Bowl to Stanford, and if the Eagles lose to Dallas and miss the playoffs ) I can honestly say that "irregardless" of all that, as far as all that stud is concerned, I've been blessed! :angel:...but just the same lord, we can sure start the post seasons off with a bang tonight if things go well...:amen::kev::pray::winner first h4h:
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  14. detteam

detteam All-Star

Been a rough season. Lost Julio fairly early. Then Rodgers and Wayne. Lost Cruz for yesterday's game. My top 3 receivers and top QB (4 of my top 5 draft picks) all gone for the championship.

Sorta strange. Built my team mostly around WR's but my RB's were what got me to the finale. None of them was out more than a week or two.

Was a little reluctant drafting Jamaal again because he went out for the season in week 2 a couple years ago (a non-contact injury against the Lions). He's currently #2 overall at Yahoo, behind Peyton.

Lucked-out drafting Knowshon with the 3rd to last pick in the draft...no one really knowing who would be the lead back in Denver (Ball, Moreno, Hillman). He's currently #7 overall.

Lacy started the year slow (concussion) but got it going as the season went on. #25

Got Fred Jackson in the next to last round. Didn't play him the first couple weeks but he was solid all season. #36

@Tater

1) Would take a miracle game from Boldin to get past your team tonight.
    2) Good luck with the Eagles.
    3) Michigan State will win the Rose Bowl :smile:
  15. detteam

detteam All-Star

Congrats, Darth.
  16. BillLaimbeer

Congrats Drath. Your team was tops from day #1 to the bitter end. :shootingsoldier::first:
    Darth Tater likes this.
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

from 9 teams 2 champs
    2 last place
  18. Darth Tater

Thanks, Bill and Detteam.. It came down to luck in the end. I can't believe Vern Davis put up a goose egg and nearly killed me. My field goal kicked saved me. This was the first week I guessed poorly in setting my lineup leaving my highest scorers were left on the bench. Had that freak play not happened in the end it probably would have turned out bad for me. Been ages since I won a gold ( hopefully Roscoe can please put up my " trophy" recognition when he has time so I can hold Bill off from catching me a little longer). :) I'm finally having some luck swing my way now.

Good game Detteam. You came really close to getting your miracle and coming back from 12 down today. My teeth hurt from clenching them and my head hurts. We just get too caught upon these games.
    All 4 medal contenders came within 6 points of each other. All low end scores ( my 2nd and 3rd worst coming against Detteam.

I'm glad it's over. So much comes down to luck. It is what it is.
  19. Darth Tater

Well.. Somebody had to come in last since nemo wasn't in the league.
  20. Darth Tater

I thought you did really well getting a bronze medal. You started out horribly at 0-6 then slid into the 6th and final playoff spot in an 8 team league with a mere 5-8 record by ending up with only 6 points over Junior on the entire season!! Gronkowski or no Gronkowski Heck, count your blessings, you get lucky even when you get "unlucky"! :MusicBigGrin::smiley-poker::car:
    Mossberg likes this.