Fantasy Football 2013: Season discussions and trash talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Mossberg, Sep 6, 2013.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

How can you abuse the veto power ? It's the only power managers have. Aside from quitting. And it requires 3 votes to enact, right ?
    Will say this: PF leagues are tough, I've never advanced to the finals yet in random leagues I'm OK.

2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I never voiced anything here because I didn't even realize that someone would actually bother vetoing a fairly equal trade, or vetoing any trade for that matter. My opinion is that we are all adults here and if someone wants to screw their own team - be my guest.

I also think that some people take it too far in those fantasy leagues, as if their livelihood is at stake. We're doing it for fun. I thought that was the #1 reason. I guess I was wrong.

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

You need to cut through the BS to get to the fun.
    It's a masculine toil.

Darth Tater likes this.
  4. mikhail1973

Why would anyone want this amount of BS though?

Nemo likes this.
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

Did that a few days ago and it turned into a s***storm because you made it an issue.

Thanks for speaking your peace. Put the trade back through. I'll stay out of the way

6. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Wow.......Some 80 posts concerning a veto issue in fantasy league. I did notice an apology to Detteam from
    BillLaimbeer concerning possible offending. Bill did come on strong but seems contrite for his actions.
    After so many posts, its probably time to mend some fences here. So I'm sorry for spreading humor on
    this situation in case if I offended anybody. I'm gonna assume that this issue spread like wildfire because
    people love to play fantasy. (are passionate) Also the fact that so many people weighed in with their opinions,
    Including our fearless leader. Please remember that this is a brother hood (and sister hood)...Darth, are you still
    behind the dust ruffle? Anyways, Peace...and may everybody refocus, on our friendships.

Darth Tater and coynejeremy like this.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

In another league the Commish approved our trade, he took a starter for me this week---so it's empty !
    Why would I think it would go through on Tuesday ?

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It depends on which day you make the trade. If you do it early in the week, then you can use your new player that week.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This thread is locked until I work a few things out. It's been utterly unproductive and not representative of the standard of this forum thus far anyways.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This thread has been reopened. If you didn't understand the intent or gist my earlier posts to this thread, or don't quite feel confident in your understanding of the culture of this forum, or you have any questions about member on member relations, in fantasy league or not, private message me (start a conversation).

That said, this league and this thread are going to take a turn for the better. And that will be easy, because this has become the worst league thread in the history of this forum, so in my opinion, it can only get better from here on out. Carry on gentlemen. Salvage this season.

mikhail1973 likes this.
  11. mikhail1973

Come on, guys, lets make this what it is meant to be - a fun league that everyone has fun in and nobody gets upset and hurt. It's always been fun before, not sure what is going on this year. Maybe something in the water. And don't forget, basketball league is coming up pretty quickly. Lets also keep it civil in there.

12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It appears that Drath "Flip Saunders" Tater is looking to capture the non-coveted regular season championship. His teams often do this and then fall flat when the playoffs arrive.

:gun1::lol::lecturer::fight2::ner-ner::mob-smiley2::hoops::pirates::p welldone::shootingsoldier::stooges::stirthepot::starwars:

Darth Tater likes this.
  13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

True enough. But I'm intentionally losing to you next week. Like I said, you suck. I only did you pay off Yahoo but you also have connections The NFL obviously, and set me up to play you on a week where the match ups are horrible for my side and great for your site. I'm a freaking 25 point underdog!!! Is that any back for the first place undefeated team? Sides that, you got it so I play you on the bye week for me next time. You suck Laimbeer! You suck!!! I'm not scared. Nothing. Me. I will destroy you.
    I aint scared of you.

*** OMG OMG, I am so going to get my butt kicked***

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

you mean "star" a conversation ?

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Did I go too far calling people slime ?
    I think we all behave here, we're all 7-5 year vets here.
    Maybe I can't express myself with out imtimidation and subliminal bulling.
    But TB is worse !

16. Darth Tater

Lameboob you went from a 25 point favorite to a 6 point favorite. Ive been eating Wheaties and spinach while you've been downing Cocoa Puffs and potato Chips ( my wife keeps insisting potato chips don't count as my vegetable and that potatoes are a legume anyhow).

Bottom line: it should be a really good match.

** why can't potatoes be a vegetable? What the hell is a Legume anyhow? I thought it was a black lake that a manlike creature with scales walked out of**

17. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just to offer an ex-commish perspective, thanks to Bill for taking the reins while Im on extended leave. As for the veto setting being what it is, to be fair to Bill I looked up what I had in previous years and it was set as "League votes" also. I presume it was default as I dont recall going out of my way to set this or make sure this was the setting. In future leagues I run I will be turning off veto. Obviously cheating and colluding will never be accepted and anyone caught doing this will be banned for life. If you simply arent happy with the commissioner or some of the other members of the league or you have past grievances then the onus will be on you to opt out of future leagues and play elsewhere for everyones sake. Commishing is a thankless job most of the time and those who undertake it arent professionals. You learn more with each new situation that arises. I am sure Bill has already learnt a TON from this as have I.

I love playing fantasy with the guys on this forum. I have played many public leagues as I am sure most of you have, and I have had many of them ruined by managers who go awol, collude or become abusive or destructive. The PF leagues are the Garden of Eden for me. Please lets try to keep them that way and bury any past grievances and move on. Otherwise the commish job gets a lot tougher when you have to start deciding who is no longer welcome to play. Some of us take our fantasy more seriously than others and thats completely fine. But at the end of the day lets try to remember that fantasy is a spin-off of this forum ('Joey' is nothing without 'Friends'), and it would be a real shame if one of our actions in a league jeopardised our membership here. It almost happened to me a few years ago and I was distraught. Thankfully I received a second chance as everyone here is.

Make the most of it and good luck with the rest of the season guys. :grouphug:

18. Darth Tater

Webz,

There are only a precious few whom I respect on this forum as much as I do you. I can't think of a better Commissioner than you. You always were fair with everyone and made very good decisions. I think most others feel the same way and your input is very much appreciated. You truly lived by these words.

detteam and Nemo like this.
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

And we're back. 2013

20. mikhail1973

Yeah, and I actually won. A big whoops.