Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Sep 13, 2005.

1. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, Yahoo league.

I was thinking about dropping Staley (I have no idea why I drafted him in the first place) b/c of that younger back who might take over. Stephen Davis might be avail.

I think I'm going to stick with Hanson unless there is a much better option to pick up. But I think Jason will get more opportunities this year (hopefully the injury wont be too serious) b/c we are still going to have trouble putting it in the endzone, but should be able to move the ball more.
  2. #1Pistonfan

I think Witten is the man, I would love for someone to drop him in my league!
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, I've scratched my head over a couple choices I made on draft day too. You never know though. I got lucky with my 15th choice last year (wr Brandon Stokley), while my 5th choice (wr Charles Rogers) only played 3 downs before being injured and out for the year.

There is soooo much luck involved.

Looks like you made good choices overall. You never know about Staley, even though right now it doesn't look too promising.

Just saw your witten post. Yep. That's why I'm reluctant to drop him. I couldn't believe nobody drafted him. Must have been an oversight.
  4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Darth,

Hey atleast you tried. If he does not go for the trade just hold on for a while. Injuries will make someone desperate for a starting RB and you will be able to get someone good.

My team is stacked at RB. I have Shaun Alexander, Ahman Green, Rudi Johnson,Willie Parker and Michael Bennett. I wanted to trade Parker or Bennett but got no takers. So I am just going to hold on. I have Joe Horn, Jerry Porter, Lee Evans and Andre Johnson as WR's with Crumpler at TE and Brady at QB with Bledsoe as a back up.

I would go for Chris Baker at TE. He is from Michigan State and now plays for the Jets. Chad Pennington loves throwing to the TE. The Minnesota TE is okay but with Moss gone the middle of the field is not going to be as open as it was.
  5. #1Pistonfan

Wr

I thought he would be a number 2 option for sure (before K. Robinson), but they have him 4th on the depth chart. Anyway I think its only a matter of time before he blows up. He's the fastest on the team (I think). Tooo much speed to keep on the bench, especially if they are losing like they did the other day.
  6. Winless Wonders

I saw Williamson in the preseason and he looked like a stud. I don't know what the Vikes deal is . You pay this guy all this money and then leave him on the bench? Makes no since to me. You get the kid on the field and if the playbook is a problem for him right now you get him to learn 4 or 5 basic plays so he can produce. The same thing can be said about Mike Williams. Let him play and worry about the playbook later.

I picked up Keenan Mcardell in Williamson place. I could not believe he was available. But I am watching Williamson closely if he starts doing something I will pick him back up.

I was just reading that Koren Robinson got cut from the Vikes and then resigned so that they could offer him a 1 year contract instead of a 2 year deal and now his deal is not guranteed. Interesting. So I am thinking either they are using this to motivate him to produce or they are doing this to protect themselves if he starts back boozing.
  7. Darth Tater

Winless, you've got a solid team.

You must have taken those running backs with your first 3 picks and grabbed Horn with #4 ? Did you pick number two or three overall? I had decided to take Alexander before Manning and take Manning third. But I got 9th choice so it wasn't an option, lol. I wanted James after Manning. I was surprised he fell to 6th. The number four person took Culpepper. I tohught that was crazy, but who knows.

Did you pick up Parker after the draft?

Did you win last week? I know Brady did great and Evans did so so.

My guys had a relatively lousy week, but I got lucky and played a team that did worse.
  8. Darth Tater

The Vikings team is so hard to gauge right now from a fantasy standpoint. Look at their running backs too. Will Mewelde Moore be the man in a bit? I picked him up last year, but he had a costly fumble and they treated him like Darko the rest of the season. LOL. So I was reluctant to let him go...instead I stupidly cut Larry Johnson when I needed a kicker for the bye week! I was so mad because I played the team that picked him up in the super bowl. I thought he would kill me, but he was the only guy who played well for the other team.
  9. Winless Wonders

That's the bad part. I lost last week. I have all of this fire power and got beat. The guy I played had Bulger who lit Arizona up.

I had the 3rd pick in the draft. I drafted RB's for the first 3 rounds then I drafted 2 WR's Joe Horn and Andre Johnson. Then I took a TE and got Crumpler. I got Brady with a 7th round pick which is a steal at that point. I picked Parker up as a Free Agent before the season started. Somebody dropped Jerry Porter for Charles Rogers so I picked him up too. They must have been a homer!!! LOL!!
  10. Darth Tater

LOL. Yep. I figured you picked like that. I drafted 3 running backs first too. I stole warrick Dunn in the 8th round. Brady went in the 7th round in our draft also. After the top 3, the quarterbacks went surprisingly late, I thought. I like to grab a qb relatively early and grabbed Green in the 4th. I could have waited a bit longer and got Bulger or Collins as it turned out. After that I liked Brady.
  11. Darth Tater

#1 Pistonfan

Wherever you are I hope you see this. Get Jason Hanson out of your lineup. He isn't playing today for sure.
  12. Winless Wonders

I would drop Hanson all together. The Lions don't see the endzone enough and the way things are going the field goals are not going to come easy either.
  13. #1Pistonfan

Darth / Winless

Yeah I dropped him the other day after realizing that he had a bye in week 3 (on top of him possibly not kicking yesterday).

I picked up the NO kicker, hopefully he'll duplicate last weeks numbers.

I should pull out a victory this week, I'm down about 15-20 points but I still have my kicker, C. Cooley & Dallas D (or Washington D, I think Dallas D will have a better game based on their offenses). All they have left is NYG D.

What do you think, will I pull out a 'W'?
  14. Darth Tater

#1Pistonfan

I'd go with Washington. But that N.Y. Giant D is very good too. I'd pass on Dallas, but Washington's offense isn't too good. Lots of choices and whatever you choose will determine whether you win or lose, I think.

Good Luck. I think it could be very close. Your kicker should get at least 6 so you need at least 10 from your defense. It's hit or miss and teams usually score a lot on Monday night so it could be tough on your D. However, Atlanta's D got about 12 last week against a very good Philly offense.

Unfortunately, I'm going to lose this week. Trent Green had a bad week again. I'm down 22 points. I need a miracle. I have Julius Jones running tonight, but the other guy has a kicker. So Julius would need like 28 against a tough Washington D. Too bad he isn't running against the Lions.

BTW...that guy never replied to me, so I held on to Parker and played him instead of Kevin Jones. Kevin had about 3 and Parker had 17:) Not that it did any good in the long run, though.
  15. Winless Wonders

I did great this week. I crush my opponent.

Darth, Yeah maybe you should just keep Parker. It might work out for the best. He is starting to look like the real deal. KJ is going to get killed playing behind that terrible Offensive Line. You never know JJ might break one run for some big yardage against Washington. He might get lose on a screen play or something.

#1 Pistonsfan, The New Orleans kicker is okay but I think he misses a lot of kicks. Does you league penalize for missed fg kicks??
  16. Darth Tater

Winless Wonder

Congrats on your win!!!! :)

Yeah, it looks like I'll keep Parker. If that guy was waiting to respond until he saw what happened this week, he can forget it.

Yeah, Julius may get a good run, but I don't like my chances.He needs a lot to help me. I really thought Green would do well, but he just doesn't need to throw it with those great RB's at his disposal... plus a couple of guys he tossed the ball to were stopped at the one yard line. Next play a rb took it in which gets me nothing. I guess most of the top Q's aren't doing well yet (Manning, Green, Culpepper, etc.) so I can't really complain too much.

I also have to root against the Saints kicker (sorry #1 Pistonfan)

I'm excited about Cadillac though. I think you are right about K.Jones. Lucky thing I have other good rb's. The next 3 games are going to be rough on owners of Lions fantasy players due to good opposing D's. Hell, the rest of the season may be rough the way they are playing.
  17. Darth Tater

Winless & #1 Piston (or anyone else interested)

I made a couple of moves this week you guys may not like. I thought I needed to do them though.

I dropped Witten early monday and picked up T. Dilfer. Witten hasn't got anything yet and T.Green is scaring me after two unproductive weeks (My team is 1 - 1). Dilfer was the best available. It was him or Frerotte. I'm playing Griese this week since he is matched up against Green Bay.

Today, I dropped the Atlanta Defense (I still own Tampa). I picked up T.Glenn. He was on my roster when I drafted, but I had dumped him for Witten. Glenn did great last week and is matched up against san Fran this week.

I needed a receiver. I don't trust C. Chambers. And Lee Evans has done nothing so far.
    I'm playing Clayton and Housmandish(sp?) this week. Randell el has a bad matchup too.

If Witten isn't grabbed off waivers and has a good week, I may drop Chambers or Evans. They were like my 7th & 9th picks though, so I'm reluctant to boot them so early.

I grabbed Atlanta #14 & Witten I got off waivers, so I let them go. I wasn't happy about it but I need one of the next two games to stay in the race. My team is solid (although not spectacular...no glitz), so I think as the season progresses my team will get better.

What do you guys think? Let me know.

Did I let the wrong guys go (Warrick Dunn is my 5th back, but I like to horde backs). No way I release Julius or Kevin Jones or Cadillac. Parker is too hot right now to release. My only other option was M.Williams on Detroit, but he is challenging Rogers for the starting position and he could be dangerous. Shoiuld I have passed on Dilfer? He was player of the week, I think. I wish I could have waited, but I lost Bledsoe by hesitating a couple days.

Decisions...Decisions, lol
  18. #1Pistonfan

DarthTater

Looks like dropping witten might have been your best bet, but M. Williams? He should definitely be dropped, unless theres that much depth on your teams (must be twelve teams too). I'm giving up all hope on our Lions this year. Actually more specifically Joey. Man all that talent at receiver, anyway I cant even talk about that anymore, way too depressing...

And I wouldnt drop Chambers I dont think you're going to find much better available for pick up. Especially if you're holding on to M. Williams...
  19. #1Pistonfan

Darth

I know what you mean with Trent Green, the dude is pissing me off...

If I played Hasselbeck last week I would have won, but NYG Def blew up on NO so I got smoked by 20...
  20. Darth Tater

#1 Pistonfan

Yeah, I was on the receiving end of Hasselbeck's good day. It killed me. It was especially frustrating since he was lousy for me last year and I avoided him like the plague this year.

Yeah, M. Williams may be a waste. But something told me to hold on. I'm worried about my Lion's guys too. I'm even concerned about Kevin Jones production because of the Lion's play (or lack thereof).

Actually, we only have a 10 man league and I drafted Williams around 10th, I think.

I didn't expect this from Green. I drafted him to make sure I had no Hasselbeck/quarterback issues this year. I seriously considered going with Bulger, but figured Green was safer....HA!:frusty: