Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Sep 13, 2005.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

RB's

Cadillac has been on fire. I have him in my pool as well.

I don't think Parker's value can possibly get any higher than it is now. If you're going to trade him, now's the time. There's no way he'll be able to maintain his current pace throughout the year, especially when the other 2 backs come back from injury.

Mike Williams is currently 4th on the teams depth chart, behind Roy, Charles and Kevin, but I think he'll be 2nd or 3rd by the end of the year. Charles will be 4th and it will be a battle between MW and Johnson for the 2.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

jammer

Bettis will vulture those goal line carries soon, but I don't see any takers for Parker in my league. There were no trades all of last year in my league and none so far this year. I don't know if that is typical of most leagues or not.

I'm hearing the same thing that you just said about Williams possibly taking Rogers' spot in a couple of weeks. That's why I'm reluctant to let him go. IF the Lions offense ever gels, Williams could do really well.

IF
  3. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Darth

I had Trent Green last year. He started the season off very slow. He did not get going until like the 6th or 7th game. I benched him after week 2 and went with my back up. You have to play Trent when the match up is right against soft defenses against the pass.

I don't know about Mike Williams. He has the talent but can Joey get him the ball to put up the numbers?

Are you sure you about letting go Atlanta's defense? I would have let Tampa Bay go instead.
  4. Winless Wonders

Wow no trades. That is so lame. I am in a 10 team league and there has been like 10 trades already. Not really big name guy's getting traded but 3 tier players like Kevin Barlow or Eric Moulds.

I don't know about Mike Williams taking Rogers job. I don't think Mike is fast enough to be the second WR. I don't know why they are jumping on Rogers anyway 4 catches for 64 yards in 2 games is not that bad. It is hard to catch the ball when your QB does not throw it to you. That is the one think that I can't stand about Joey he locks in on a guy and will start just throwing to that guy and ignores everyone else. They could be wide open and he won't look there way.:frusty:
  5. Darth Tater

Winless Wonder

It wasn't easy letting go of Atlanta, but Tampa has scored about 27 fantasy points to Atlanta's 16 over 2 games (very average, albeit only after 2 games). I really didn't want to let go, but with my QB not playing well, I felt (panicked?) I needed to do something now to try to win a couple of early games. I figured when I did it that someone would grab them off waivers right away, but I went for it anyhow. I knew I may regret it later.

I did read that Trent Green was off to a slow start last year, but If he can't throw one TD pass in 2 games (even against Oakland), then I think I'm in trouble. Why throw when you have Priest & Johnson?

Last year I took chances and went with the "hot hand" and it worked out. This year I may get burned.

I'm not going that far this year anyhow. I looked at week 15 (first of 2 playoff weeks) and I see horrible matchups for almost all of my best players (I think most play Chicago, New England, etc.) All great defenses.

Last year I lucked out. I scored 171 points in the "Super Bowl". That beat the previous high score of any person in the league that entire season by a whopping 40 points!!!!(I'd say the average per game was maybe 100 per team) I had good matchups and almost every guy on my team scored 20-30 points. Truly lucky and unbelievable. Perfect timing. Not this year, I think. lol.

But yeah, I let Witten & Atlanta go & picked up Glenn and Dilfer. At the beginning of the season I would say..."Are you crazy????" I may say that in 4 weeks anyhow! :doh: We'll see.
  6. Darth Tater

Winless Wonder

Interesting. Nobody claimed Atlanta OR Witten. In fact, somebody dropped the Giants defense which is the best fantasy defense so far, and nobody claimed them either.

Yeah. Lame is exactly the word I was thinking about for our league. I only know 2 of the people in it. One is the commisioner. Last year I won but the dumb commissioner didn't get the money in advance so 3 people never paid their 60 dollar entry fee and I probably would have seen about $45 from that (I don't play for the money, but still it takes away from the victory and ticks you off). But he made one guy pay my entry fee this year, so I prolly only got screwed out of 25 bucks in the end. The other 2 guys were kicked out, I guess.

I almost did a trade last year (Barlow for Garcia, lol), but it was like 15 minutes before the game and as much as I wanted a QB (I actually didnt need one..I had Hasselbeck, Delhomme, and I think I already had Griese..maybe not) I didn't make the deal because as bad as Barlow was, I thought he was better than Garcia (who was injured shortly afterward, I believe). It turned out I didn't need the QB.
  7. Winless Wonders

With only 10 teams everyone is probably pretty satisfied with there defense right now. I don't know. Since your league has not even had one trade they might be asleep at the wheel and don't even know Witten or Atlanta were cut.
  8. Darth Tater

Winless Wonder

Yeah. It makes you wonder.

I'll just chill and live with the moves I made or I'll keep changing so much I'll run out of my 16 allowableseason moves before the 2nd week is up,lol...err...gulp...at least no new moves until next week! ;)
  9. Winless Wonders

Ypu are only allowed 16 moves? That sucks. We have unlimited moves and trades in my league. A trade just went thru today.
    Boldin WR and Pollard TE for Brooks QB and Perry RB.
  10. Darth Tater

I like the system you have better. Yep. Only 16 for us. The commish ticked me off last year when he gave extra moves to a team that was having hard luck, but refused to do the same for me when I requested it afterwards. :mad2:
  11. Winless Wonders

That is bull crap!! I hope you are just playing for fun and not playing for $$$$. You might be better off just joining a public league next year or finding someone else to paly with.
  12. Darth Tater

No. It's a couple of people I know and their friends. It was last year. That's ok, though. :)

btw..the commissioner picked up my Atlanta today , but my Glenn move and Dilfer move are very popular throughout the Yahoo leagues.
  13. Darth Tater

Winless & #1 Piston

How did you guys do this week?

I'm up 16 points on an undefeated team but the other guy has Tony Gonzales who plays tomorrow. It should be close. All my guys played today.

I picked up the Giants D and got Witten back, lol. I dropped Lee Evans & M. Williams.
  14. Winless Wonders

Darth

I dropped Lee Evans also. I did pretty okay this week. I won in my league and lost in the second league. I have Shaun Alexander in both so I am trying to figuire out how could I lose. Ahman Green has been a real bust this year. I may need to put him on the trading block.
  15. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

DarthTater

With LT throwing TDs, I think I'll win every week....
  16. Darth Tater

Winless

I never cared much for Ahman, anyhow. I actually left Jamal, Faulk, and Ahman off my draft list. Green Bay is really struggling. With that receiver hurt it certainly doesn't help Ahman. Personally, I'd dump him if posible.

It looks like a lot of people gave up on Evans. I can't believe i wasted a move picking up the Giants defense. Luckily, I didn't play them. I wish I had kept Atlanta, but Tampa is doing well for me.

Wow. Somehow I missed Alexander's great day. I looked it up after reading your post. 38 points in our league. Your other guys must have had really bad days in that league you lost in. I still can't believe 48 points for Tomlinson in our league. I had him last year. No chance at him this year drafting ninth.
  17. Darth Tater

#1 Piston

LT THREW a touchdown??? WOW. I looked real quick and thought he caught one. Too funny. How many points did he score in your league?
  18. Winless Wonders

I thought I had added Ahman Green to my don not draft list. The guy that I play with in the second league screwed up his email account so he had to set up a new league and I could not get my rankings to copy over so I had to do it over so I think I forgot to put him on the do not draft list. I have had Green 3 years in a row now. He fumbles too much. I think I will have to bench him. He has very little trade value with Green Bay playing like crap.
  19. Winless Wonders

Lt

LT is the man. if only he could get away from the Chargers.
  20. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

DarthTater...late reply on LT

He put just over 50 points! Which was almost half my total. He definitely carried me this week.

I have a question guys, who do you think I should start, M. Hasselbeck (vs. WAS) or T. Green (vs. PHI). ESPN says Hasselbeck, but I think WAS Def is better than Phili D.....also I pick up Lloyd from SF (vs. Ari), who should I start him or Ke. Johnson (vs. Oak)?