****FANTASY HOCKEY***Sign up here!!!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Darth Tater, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A WORD OF WARNING ABOUT OUR NEW COMMISSIONER!!!

He will undoubtedly change the rules as the year goes on. He'll probably just call it "Tweaking".

For example: During the hockey finals last year, we were battling it out in the two week playoff system. I had my guys all primed for the battle, only to discover that Tater was using some arcane rule which allowed him to completely change his team every day. Thus, On Monday he would dump all his players and find guys that would be playing only on Monday. Then, while that game was going on, he was busy dumping all those players, and lining up an entirely different group for Tuesday, etc. etc.

I thought I was playing his team, but I ended up playing the entire NHL for two weeks. He must have used 100 guys. You can't trust him at all.

:gun1::gun1::gun1::pound::pound::pound:
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:lol::darthvader::whip:

I like the tweaking idea. Hmmm..there is this really cool button I have under commissioner tools called "eject malcontent player from league" :messer::skull::nod::laugh:
  3. Darth Tater

The fantasy hockey league is now full. Thanks to all who joined and a big welcome to new managers Bill Laimbeer and Mikhail who will certainly be tougher opponents than Slippy and Linwood were.:gun1:Looks like Woody will be the only easy game on the schedule.:gun1:

The live draft is next Saturday at Noon eastern time. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be more than happy to try and mislead...err...help you. :MusicBigGrin:

As Bill Laimbeer stated during the football draft..."This draft is going really smooth...it must be because Roscoe isn't here." :pound:
    So hopefully we can get through the hockey one even with Roscoe. :sssh:

Now... if I can just figure out how Jammer cheated in football to give himself the first draft choice...:lol:
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Thanks DT. Game on guys, game on.
  5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Only the BESTEST commishes can eject someone and bring on linwood...I mean another participant.:hoops:
  6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    You know, this means war!!!
  7. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I'm in Woody.

Now you chumps can't beat me at my own game, because I'm not the commish.

Watch out for the Superstarovs this year!

Now all I have to do is hope that you guys don't draft all of my favorite players again.
  8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You change your lineup every day in this league?
  9. Darth Tater

You can set it for the whole year if you like, but yes you have the option of changing it daily.
  10. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Or if you're Tater, you change it every 30 minutes. That works out to once every FA pickup if you're counting.
  11. roscoe36

I've already cancelled my entire life for the Hockey playoffs. I'm going to beat Tater at his own game of roster shuffling!

But seriously, wasn't there a drive last playoffs for rosters to lock for the playoffs this year? Or were we all just bitter that Death Tartar won?
  12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I can't remember what happened yesterday let alone what we talked about last year, but I think you're right, Darth is a jerk. :pound:

I know that in most other non-PF.com leagues that I'm in we usually have a max roster move setting, in baseball we'll have a max innings for pitchers, etc. Rather than doing an entire roster freeze, since it would suck if you had an injury and couldn't pick up a replacement because of Tater.... um, I mean because of a roster lock.
  13. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Most of the leagues I've been in have not had a max roster move setting. In Hockey people get hot or cold or injured so much that I think it should be open. I mean unless you can limit it per day or week or something. I just wouldn't want to see someone have injured guys on his roster and not be able to dump them.
  14. Woody

I was the one most affected by Tater's tottering in the playoffs. We met in the finals and I, as a newbie, was appalled by his tactics.:pound:

But I wouldn't want to change the rules. We can beat him at his own game!!

When he finishes in 8th place, who cares what antics he pulls. Just remember that he wants Lecavalier and St. Louis. If he doesn't get them, he'll probably fold his tent and leave.:pound:

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!
  15. roscoe36

I was talking more about a gentleman's agreement that when the playoffs start, the rosters lock.

Doesn't matter to me, I plan to feast on Mashed Potatoes all season long and DT will be subject to the commissioner curse of not winning!
  16. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Is that what normally happens?
  17. Darth Tater

Guys,

I only took the controls because nobody else was doing it and the deadline to begin was nearing. I like the settings I've chosen and believe they are fair.

However, I've received feedback in posts and pm's that show that others are not happy with the settings.

I'm not going to change the settings. I will be happy to kill the league and let someone else take control. I mean that sincerely and I'm not offended or upset in the least. I'll gladly join the newly formed league along with everyone else and play by the rules...and win by those rules too.:MusicBigGrin:

Whoever wants the league, just post it here and you still have 3 or 4 days to start fresh. All I ask is that we don't start the league late. I think it is supposed to begin next Monday. But if you aren't willing to take the helm...please don't complain. I know you don't mean any harm. I've done the same thing in the past to Micro, Slippy, and others, but now that I'm in a different set of shoes, I can see it from another point of view.

Thanks. :)

DT:darthvader:
  18. roscoe36

:)

Guys, let's support our commissioner. If you have a beef, either post it publicly, or let it go. It's not comfortable for DT if you lobby him privately.
  19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Darth's post brought me to tears. I might just let him beat me during the first week now.... :crying:
  20. Woody

I like the rules just fine as they are. They look the same as Super set up last year, and I just assumed we'd be playing by the same rules again.

As far as the roster shuffling, I have been talking smack to Tater all year.
    I'm sorry if some have taken me seriously. I am NOT serious about the roster stuff. :)

I look forward to Tater as commissioner!!

:nerd2::nerd2::stooges::p_welldone::love::love::captain::captain::confused::confused::dancingparty::cool::cool: