Fantasy Sleepers

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by MotownPride, Oct 6, 2005.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

First off, I am fully aware that it is stil early in the preseason and that events are bound to happen before the regular season starts to alter the landscape of fantasy basketball. With that in mind, I would still like to get the ball moving on who you might feel are potential sleeper picks this season. For those inexperienced with fantasy basketball, a quality fantasy b-ball player does not neccessarily equate to a player who will really be a positive impact on their team. This simply means that this player can fill up the stat columns. I already have a couple candidates in mind but I will just start off this thread with one pick to get the ball rolling.

Mike James

When Mike James was receiving starter minutes from Boston prior to the Pistons trade, he was a quite a serviceable/consistent fantasy basketball contributer. I see that pattern returning as he really does not have any competiton in Toronto for point guard minutes. With a more acclimated into the gameplan Mike James you can look forward to decent numbers in assists, field goal pct., steals and three pointers. If you are short on point guards after the draft, you might want to give this hardworker a look.
  2. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

I just dropped him for Sebastian Telfair. James has potential to make a big impact for starting minutes but he's STILL fighting for minutes against two other good point guards on Toronto.

Whereas for Telfair, Portland's dropped two great point guards and he's their main man now. Plus in an interview he's stated he's been on an extensive shooting program, taking around 100 or 1000 (I forgot which) shots a day.

The kid's got great passing ability and will jack up those assists. Turnovers might be an issue though.
  3. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Second Round Draft Pick

what about Darius Miles, he's suppose to be coming out of his funk this year, would he be a good pickup?
  4. MotownPride

Rdang, you think Calderon and Williams will give James some comp for the starting nod? I dunno. Maybe you know more about Calderon than I do, which is not very much. Alvin Williams...well, I'm not too worried about him.

I agree with your synopsis about Sebastian Telfair though. He is one of my sleepers as well.
  5. MotownPride

With no Shareef, I expect him to have a career season. He should excel in Mcmillan's system.
  6. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

Alvin Williams was their old starting point guard before he got his injuries and the rehab's really screwed him. I expect Williams to play a lot to get the offense going if James fails to do that. That's why I think Telfair would be better...he doesn't really have a strong backup and hes got a lot of viable options to pass too (Miles, a healthy Randolph).

James is a good option, but I think he's better trade bait right now.