1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Favorite Piston signature possession

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pistons0809, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

You could say the best defense against the Pistons is their offense, which boils down to a signature possession or two per player. Which do you find the most humor in, most effective or ineffective? Feel free to add more.

• Tayshaun Prince dazzling the crowd with a signature pumpfake or turnaround jumper
    • Old Ben Wallace with the ball at the top of the key at the end of the Piston shotclock
    • Rodney Stuckey driving in for a deuce but unable to produce
    • Austin Daye (attempting) to take it off the dribble
    • Ben Gordon coming off a screen or firing up a rainbow gun
    • Greg Monroe doing work down low

By the way, I know a few members here at PF.com have been concerned about my job safety and the well being of Buck Cheever after you-know-what happened, but I can assure you there were no hard feelings following the incident.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I've been really in awe of Knight's no look passes to Ben Wallace... and then the resulting hand off back to Knight.

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

JJ driving hard to the basket, getting past his defender all the way to within 2' of the rim and then throwing up a "ok, now what?" shot.

4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I literally laughed out loud at this one. Silly Pistons! Thanks 0809!

I refuse to believe that Buck Cheever is a real person until you provide us with some more juicy tidbits.

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There is nothing better to me than to see Stuckey crash through the lane with his head down, not notice his wide open teammates, run into 2 or 3 people, and then miss the layup.

6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I like Jonas hitting a three and backpedaling down the court holding up his middle three fingers.

I appreciate the update on Mr. Cheever. It's one of the ongoing story lines that keep us coming back to pf.com. What about Hal and Kiittie? And Howard Stubbs? I assume all is well? Will any other good friends or business associates make an appearance in the forum?

7. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Call me old school but I'll take a good old fashioned Tayshaun Prince back-down from the wing.

-It all starts when Tay get a pass and pump-fakes himself out of a wide open 20 footer.
    -He then palms the ball out to the side for 10 or 15 seconds to prove to everyone in the arena that even though he has small luggage, his hands are big enough to palm a regulation sized NBA basketball.
    - The next step in this process is for Tay to spin around and put his defender on his hip, slowley backing him down toward the hoop for at least 4 or 5 minutes. As a fan, I use this time to get some stuff done around the house, make myself a sandwich, run to the store for more beer, etc.
    - Once I return to my television, the entire event usually ends with a forced turnaround jumper, weak lefty hook or the familiar sounding of the shot clock buzzer.

If I was the TV producer responsible for broacasting Pistons games, I'd just cut to a commercial break every time Tayshaun Prince gets the rock in an offensive set. This would be a great way to double ad revenue. You could even sell corporate sponsorships for this. I can just hear Blaha saying something like: "This Tayshaun Prince offensive possession brought to you by Wallside Windows ...where every second window is free! ...we can do that! we ARE the factory!" -(cut to commercial)

8. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Even though I got Chauncey's Autograph.........my favorite signature posession is Willie Horton.

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Sometimes it is the simple things that make me smile. A couple of games ago Brandon Knight pushed the ball upcourt and set Joggin' Rod Stuckey up for a wide open 15' J from less than a foot outside the lane.

There is not another guard in the L that wouldn't hit that shot, but Hot Rod missed badly like he was attempting a full court shot with .05 seconds left in the game.

One thing is for sure, the Pistons put a lot of smiles on my face when they're losing. They're almost certain to do 2-3 a game that you'll never see another team do.

10. BallDon'tLie

For the same reason that people appreciate crashes in auto racing, I love watching Rodney driving into the teeth of the defense. I often sit on my couch and make my own sound effects when Collider takes his man off the dribble in a similar fashion to the way Chris Berman does football highlights.

11. BillLaimbeer

I often enjoy when the guys just dribble the ball in place for the first 16 to 18 seconds of the shot clock. What other NBA team even tries to pull that off?

12. BallDon'tLie

Minimalist basketball.
    You could teach an entire chapter on this to your class Bill.

13. BillLaimbeer

It's a good point. The team is essentially preserving energy, saving their legs, for the post-season lottery.

14. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

The shot clock sound triggered by the Pistons offense might actually be the sound associated to a specific event I've heard the most times this year. Since I average less than 10 phone calls per day and don't pass that many subway stations on the way to my work I can't come up with any sound associated to a specific event I've heard more often. The only real competitors is probably the sound from my phone when I receive a mail or the critical stop sound in Win7.

linwood likes this.