Final 18 games

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TheeTFD, Mar 18, 2006.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

After the Knick fiasco, you guys need a little pick me up. You're all bent out of shape due to lack of understanding of the Piston mystic.
    The Pistons have a guilt trip with teams and players they've abused in the past. So this is how I think the last 18 games will go:
    So you can brace for some more dumb losses.
    Bobcats---loss, backto back
    Hawks----win
    Heat------win, make up game, Gauransheed
    Pace------loss, drama...
    Nets------win, make up game, revenge etc.
    Mavs-----win, see above
    76ers-----loss, back to back
    Bucks-----loss, looking forward to Suns
    Suns------win, CB needs to chill out Nash
    Hornet----loss, looking forward to Heat
    Heat-----win, lessons must be taught
    Magic-----loss, back to back and Darko drama. I see Darko getting ejected! If he plays at all.
    Pace-----win, revenge drama game
    Cavs-----loss, King J love fest like last time
    Raptors----loss, MikeJ love fest and Knicks next
    Knicks-----win, they suck and the truth hurts
    Bucks------win, revenge
    Wizz------win, revenge and last game of reg. sea.
    61 wins, maybe HCA, :fingerscr

2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

That's seven losses...that's not pick-me-up. The bright spot is the Darko ejection. I'm wondering how that's going to go down. He doesn't seem like the type to argue with the refs or trash talk another player...he has that silent gum chewing thing going on.

Maybe he gets caught smoking on the bench? I don't know...how do you see it?

3. max

max All-Star

Road Games vs Home games are very significat to keep in mind. Pistons have not lost at home since the Utah game on Jan 7.

But they did drop one on the road last night

Sorry to interrupt - please continue with the sky's falling chatter and how much better we used to be as an under-seeded 56 win team.

4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Bills, I see him fighting with BBen and Sheed and Dyess! And getting all the calls due to our "sucking the life out of him".
    I said brace for dumb losses. Like last nite.
    And you need to go to the Sheed vs Darko thread and inhale like a man.

5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I don't know TheeTFD, I think if Darko got in a fight with all 3 of our guys he would be bailing out with his arms covering his head like he did that time T-Mac dunked on him.

Another possible way he could get ejected is if some of our Darko lovers like Lee and bballjay and 16 make it down to Orlando for the game and start humping his legs during the game. I think he'd be tossed for that.

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Unless these guys wake up from the dream they have that they're so much better than everyone else, it will be 58 wins and a tooth and nail battle for EC homecourt. I don't see them doing more than splitting games with the top 5 contenders the rest of the way out.

If they lose to Orlando, they have no pride.

7. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

is my optimism so down that Thee's predictions look a little er...optimistic?

I don't care too much about wins. I want to see the team begin to bring it every night. Of course, if they do that, they should win.

8. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

HCA in the Finals doesn't matter because of the 2-3-2 format, remember? Chris McC. said so himself. And I believe Mr. Flip started that notion.

I know, I know...you're thinking that that logic contradicts everything the Pistons said going into this season. Apparently they weren't enlightened to the 2-3-2 format at the time.:rolleyes:

Just wait and see. If Miami catches us, suddenly you'll be hearing that HCA is only necessary for rounds 1 & 2.

Not to take this thread way OT, but why does McCoskey always echo the philosophies of the current Piston coach as if they were his own?

9. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Sheed and Ben had better lay the hammer down against Darko. It will be a back to back, and I see a lot of Darko tip-ins. I don't want him having a career night. It would be even worse in a loss.

if they go 10-8 they will be in trouble come playoff time.

10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Last nites win has a cheap win. Not very interested in how we do against <.500 teams. There's about 6 games we need to win: Mavs, Heatx2, Suns and Pace for good measure. Those games we need to send a message, we will need HCA so the Ps can have the refs. in their pocket. We can be much more physical at home. Detroit BBall.
    ...FP22 if we win the "good" games, no worries.
    ...Roscoe by your logic they DON'T have any pride...Jazzed twice!!!

11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

We'll have a strong finish, I know it. I just don't see a veteran team not stepping up like this. I truly believe we'll finish with 14-16 more wins this season.

12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

That pisses me off. It does matter, maybe in not the first 6. This team has had the mind set to get that Game 7 on our floor, and thats huge in the Finals. Who's going to step up, and get this team on track? It will probably be Ben because when it comes down to it he's our leader.

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'm with you himat, we didn't come this far to get punked by some ref on foreign soil.

14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

5-5 has been our worst 10 game stretch. we're way too spoiled. this team will get back on track. this team will get back on track right now.

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

They can play bench for now for all I care. I want the Heat, Mavs and Suns to go down hard.

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Alright, off to a 3 and 0 start for the last 18 games. Now we go to the Pace. I sence a let down. I know the guys are better than that but if shooting woes return forget about it.

17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

WoW!
    A HUGE, HUGE WIN over the Carlisle Group of Indiana. Very impressive.
    54 wins and equaling the best of the LB years. If this group can win 64 games they'll better the Bad Boys.

18. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I see a final record of 67-15. We will run the table at home, with losses on the road to Philly after an emotional win against Dallas the night before. Then a loss to er, the Bucks, yes the Bucks. They will be fighting for their playoff lives and the Pistons will be resting the starters. Oh, and HCA will be clinched by then!

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That's pretty optimistic Dlev. The Nets loss hurt, especially at home but some unkind iron is expected. Right now the Defense only people gotta be thinking, "a little O wouldn't hurt" after 2, 75 point games.

20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I forgot about the look ahead game with the Mavs. I think the guys are waiting for Dirk and the gang.