Final 18 games

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TheeTFD, Mar 18, 2006.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Besides the bench we had no energy so you might be right. So far we're 4-1 that's good so far. I predict 2-3 losses in the last 13 games for a 65 or 66 win season.
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I think our team should have a healthy distain for the Dallas Cuban's. His spend at all costs and stockpiling of players is very anti-JD.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Great, another huge win over a quality opponent. [Mavs] Next up is 6ers then Bucks. Both a couple of ruff and tumble teams. The 6ers are a back to back and could be a let down. Don't get too shook if they come out flat. And don't be too surprized if they blow the doors off the Answer. You never know when these guys might want to pick cherries.
  4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

We will finish 66-16...and the only two losses will be when we rest our staters in the final week. I think we will go on an April roll to get our selves mentally ready. This team was built for 7 games...and remember this ...in the playoffs , if u go 16 and 12, u can call your self champion!!!!
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Unfortunatly only 2 more losses is very optimistic. Too much much BS in the last week. I'll go 64 and 18 and still get HCA. Too much BS for the comp. also.
    And we are better than the BadBoyz!!!
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Huge win over the Bucks. The men continue to impress, and strive for Home Court through out the playoffs.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i don't see less than 65 wins. Either a 66 or 67 win season. I wouldn't believe that before the season started with having to adjust to flip as the coach. 65= wins is very good.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That's interesting because I didn't have a clue what Flip would do. These guys aint choking anymore. They're beating the snot out of all comers.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

We took care of the Phoenix Nash 109 - 102. Next up the Hornets then Heat again. Soon or later will have a bad shooting night as the percentages Laws shake their finger at us. Hold fast.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

We took care of Hornets. 60 wins. I'll have to readjust my thought process on how this team will perform down the stretch. They are so mentaly tough right now. Could the Magic be a look ahead game? ;]
    The Heat gets chilled!
  11. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I said 67-15 and that`s what I am staying with. So, only one loss out of the remaining 8 games..........hmm. I say, that loss will come @ either Milwaukee, or God forbid, Toronto. Not sure which one.

We will run the table on all other comers...............And that`s my final answer.

67-15............
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I can dig it.
  13. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I said 65 wins after last year's Finals, which at the time probably went beyond rose-colored glasses to hot pink Kareem-style goggles, but at this point 66 wins seems likely.

That leaves two more losses. I think the final game of the season the Pistons will be locked into the #1 spot and allow the Wiz to sweep them, and the other loss will come... to the Orlando Magic. You heard it here first, folks.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think I posted either on another thread or the detnews forum after the Suns game, that based on the prior two seasons, the the Pistons would run the table in April only to lose the final game of the season. (same thing happen in 04 and 05). That last game will be vs the Wizards, the team that has our number and as ahb says it will allow them to sweep us. We can only hope that the Cavs take out the Wiz in the first round so that we don't have to see them in May. :eyebrows:

That being said, the Pistons could finish with a 67-15 record with a final game loss to the Wizards or a possible loss to the Magic tomorrow or the Bucs on 4/17. both of the latter games are the second of back to backs and the Bucs could be fighting for playoff positioning then and Flip will probably rest the players the last two games if the HCA is clinched by then.:nod:
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If we win 66 or more games will the Going to Work finally put to rest the who is better question? BBZ or GTW?
  16. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not unless there is a title at the end.
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

true !
    I never mean to dog the BBz but they beat a broken down Laker and then a lucky Blazer team. BBz kicked in the door with hard fouls and we can't ever take that from them.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The Magic game was a mess, no Rip, and X2 didn't come out for the crunch time, WFT? Back to back matters. I did see it as a 2 point game but my numbers were a little off. Magic scored 8 more paint points. They're a young athletic bunch but we should have beat them. No sweat the bench played tough and Momma told me, there would be games like this.
    ...Now whose up for some Pace?
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Finally an easy game for the boys. 98 to something -20 or so. Bench came out and did the light work for the starters. Mo brought some mayhem. Hunter looks like he can handle Flips "score or sit down" coaching style. Don't know about BBen.
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

BBens blow-up took the slack out of the teams lackluster play and they are leaving teams in their wake. 96 to 73 over the Cavs. Did some one say we couldn't flip the switch?
    I'm glad the guys are proving me wrong on my "drama losses" prediction.
    Up next, Mike James and his Raptors then the Knicks.
    Overt your eyes, someone might be fired!