Finishing Lineup to change

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by AI IS GOD, Dec 15, 2008.

1. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Players who are prone to fouling out or getting ejected may find it easier to start games than to finish them.
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I go to many chinese restaurants.
  3. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

What we have here is a roster imbalance. Curry wants to play Stuckey, AI and Rip at the same time. Understandable that he wants to play these guys a bunch. He seems to have reservations with our young bigs. And Kwame, as Lee pointed out, seems to be seen as a starter against a few teams with punishing centers. He also wants to give Afflalo some run and can't help but notice Bynum's good minutes. TOO MANY QUALITY GUARDS.

Meanwhile, the team has two aging bigs and two young bigs the coach doesn't seem to have much confidence in. Couldn't help but notice Milsap's performance against the celts. Thought Maxiel once had that kind of ability. Soon as Dice came back, he got major minutes. That tells you how Curry ranks his bigs.

Agree that by implying he will not finish with the same group, he is admitting at least some limitations of small ball. The roster problem remains regardless. It was already on the horizon with Stuckey-Billips. I questioned whether the two could co-exist. Who sits at the end of a game? We never found out. Who is going to sit now? In the meantime, we haven't shown the ability to match up with the good teams up front.
    Yes, the Dice/Sheed duo is slow. Does having AI or Stuckey on the floor change that? That is a reach.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Me too. You ever go for Dim Sum?
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Why? If they didn't play at the beginning, they won't have accumulated fouls.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You always need stops. If you're saying that you need them at the end, are you assuming that we will be ahead at that point?

The finishing lineup that Curry is proposing is a worse free throw shooting unit.
  7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I really dislike that line-up. And i refuse to like it just b/c it's better than small ball. :suspiciou
  8. permaximum

permaximum Banned - Sent to NBDL

MC is a genius :winner_first_h4h: Now Detroit will be better team.
  9. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

You wanna start the menu we discussed over at chat few weeks ago, LOL:eyebrows:.
  10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Yes, this bums me out also. I'm not adverse to the team going smaller when they sub in, but it is a losing formula at the start of games. Again, I'm not sure if it is too many quality guards or too many limited guards.
    They almost got to start Kwame and Sheed if they're going to have any chance this year. This can't happen because TG, AI and Tay can't handle the ball and run the offense effectively. Now Stuckey has to play which means less time for AA.

If Maxey were 2 inches taller he'd be fine. If he were 2 inches taller he would not have been around for DET to draft him. His shot is an abomination compared to the Craig Smiths and Ryan Gomes that some compare him to.

The same 2" theory apples to Amir. If he really was 6'11 you could not not play him.

This is really getting embarrassing. Dumars philosophy of stock piling his motley, disfigured bench and really not making a significant move since originally signing Dyess has left the cupboard bare.
  11. permaximum

permaximum Banned - Sent to NBDL

In 2004-2005 season AI played as PG all season and he had 31 ppg with 8 apg.Philly was really good that season.So i don't think that AI can't play as PG.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I agree. It's better than having him share the ball with 2 other guards.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I guess I'm just agreeing with Dre. You don't need to "hard-code" the finishing lineup in your mind or in the media. You let the game situation dictate who you need on the floor when the game is on the line.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I saw the Bobcats postgame hallway interview just this morning, and it seems Curry is taking a page out of lee356's book, and having specific rotations, that occur at specific times during the game.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Royalties for Lee everytime one of his rotations is used and scores a point.
  16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

With all of the rotations that Lee has proposed, he could become a zillionaire if he got royalties for each one used. :pound: