FIRE Tom Lewand

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by roscoe36, Dec 2, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

ProFootballTalk.com -- The Best Pro Football Scoop on the Internet

2. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

If I had my way I would fire everyone. When Millen came to town he fired a lot of people good people that were behind the scenes.

Marketing, Finance, scouting people, fitness trainers, dietitions, team doctor, coaches etc all need to go. I would fire a good 100 people. This mess will not get fixed for another 3 or 4 years. Every year that Millen is allowed to screw things up and sign more bad contracts he extends the length of the misery we mus suffer through.

Tom Lewand is like the puppet master and is in line to take over the President job when Millen is fired. He is Bill Ford Jr's. boy so he is not going anywhere anytime soon but he should be shown the door right along with Millen.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Lewand brought in rookie GM MM.
    He should go.
  4. detteam

detteam All-Star

It doesn't matter how many underlings the Ford's fire...they don't have the competence to hire people to get the job done.
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Everyone is a rookie at some point, but to promote a guy that has NEVER worked in ANY capacity in a football front office is more than a bit of a risk. Especially for a franchise that has sucked as bad as the Lions have for as long as the Lions have.

I really don't think there was much of a demand for Millen. It wasn't like teams were breaking down the door to hand them the keys to their organizations. The Lions should have taken it slow with him. Bring him in in an Assistant type role and see what he can do.

You don't see companies hiring CEO's off the street that have never worked in an office before.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Three rings talk big.
    The did radio.
  7. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I was listening to 1270AM this afternoon and they were talking about 4 AFC executives making comments on record on Millen's job performance.

The comments were printed in the Boston Globe. The comments were basically that Millen did not know what he was doing. "What does a guy have to do to get fired 23-69?? That record will go down in history. No one will ever come close to that record because any person coming close to having double digit loses for more than 3 seasons and having draft picks go bust would have long been fired. "

Another comment was "Millen does not know how to build a team and that Millen was a idiot to draft 3 1st round WR's." Also there was "Millen is doing a great job alright!! A great job not getting fired!!!"

My favorite quote was "Just because Mickey Mouse is a great character doesn't mean you put him in charge of Disney."

I figuired after the Piano Man incident at Ford Field with Joey that it would be open season on the Lions and other organization. I just did not think it would happen this soon.
  8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Its always nice to see that the Lions organization is a laughing stock league wide.

It completely boggles my mind that the entire world can see that Matt Millen is a joke, except for the one person that can do something about it.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

T he did radio and TV broadcasting. sorry.
    Why did they invite him on the competition commity?
    So they could give him hints?