Flip Fan Support Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, May 11, 2006.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

facts...?

Merc is pretty accurate in his assessment. Check the plus/minus on the gameflow chart.

http://tinyurl.com/zkjve

I missed the LeBron three. I see he hit one in the second quarter. I saw him hit a fadeaway two pointer with his foot on the line(looked like a three)
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That game flow was pretty interesting. The Cavs got us at the beginning of every quarter. It was a very consistent pattern from quarter to quarter.
  3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Thanks Bills... nice work.

The point was that certain folks are chomping on the bit to push the blame to Mo... when the evidence shows otherwise.
    No I wouldn't put money on Mo continuing his defensive luck on Bron... or anyone else for that matter.

I was surprised to see Delk rated so low... must be Mo's fault too.
  4. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Evidence? +/- is interesting, but not in any way conclusive. It generalizes the ungeneralizable.

Mo mo mo mo mo. Darko darko? Straw man.
  5. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I don't blame Mo for anything that happend in game 4. He played about as well as you can expect and didn't make glaring errors (The Missed FT ended up really hurting). I blame Flip for not putting in a viable offensive threat on the last play. Or hell, I was actually hoping Flip would write up a play to let CB or Rip penetrate and kick out to Mo. You'd have to think it would catch them off guard. An open shot for him has got to be better than Rip driving in out of control and forcing up some ugly shot while trying to draw contact (idiotic during the last possession on the road. You're never going to get the call) But if you're not going to use him, then why not bring in Sheed just to pull the D out? Instead we had Ben and Mo Evans in there allowing the D to collapse.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'm not a big Mo fan, and I really still do not see why they won't play Delfino, but it seems like something is really wrong if you gotta blame a guy who is maybe 7th on your bench for losing a 74-72 playoff game.:wacko:

I think he is being used as a scape goat. (I'm sorry, I wanted to say escape goat to keep withn the spirit of things, but I just can't make myself butcher the English language like that, irregardless of how hard I try).
  7. FreshPrince22

I still don't see who is blaming Mo. I see people blaming Flip for playing Mo instead of Dice/Dale at the end. Is that where you're getting this?

IMO, the sole reason for this recent 2 game collapse is poor shot selection. Thus I blame the main culprits; Chauncey, Flip, and Tayshaun. I can't blame Sheed. He came to play yesterday. Unfortunately his ankle didn't come with him. Seemed like on a healthy ankle he would have dominated. He was working in the post quite a bit. Can't blame Ben. He did his thing. Can't blame Rip. He did his thing (Though he could still clean up his shot selection a bit at times).

Flip is the biggest culprit. He is the coach. He needs to get on his players when they make poor decisions. Isn't that what a coach is supposed to do? I get the feeling that he and Chauncey are in there own little corner on this team. Like Chauncey can do no wrong to him. Thus he gets away with taking horrible shots and not running plays to go inside.
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I posted it in response to Mercury's comments in his post (#43 of this thread). The comment wasn't directed toward you or any other individual in particular.

Sometimes I skip back and forth between threads and forums and then decide to post something. Like I said, I'm not a Mo fan, but I agree with Mercury that many people are blaming him (e.g. the Lebron shot at the end of the half).
  9. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I can buy most of this... only thing I would not agree with is teams collapsing because Mo's in the game... if anything he creates spacing.
    But no doubt Mo shouldn't have been in there... and why not tell the trainer your hand is hurting... playing with pain is one thing but not if it effects your shot... kinda stupid.
  10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Maybe we can get Thee to translate.
  11. FreshPrince22

You think the D plays more honest to Mo in crunch time at the arc or to Sheed?
  12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Can't argue with that (unless you looked at shooting % :^)... Certainly Sheed can bring out opponents bigs.... no argument here.
  13. FreshPrince22

Yep, I just think it would have been nice to bring out a couple shooters and take Varejao out of the paint instead of having him waiting there for CB and Rip when they drive.
  14. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Slightly off topic, but you bring up a good point.

When's the last time you remember one of OUR bigs standing in the paint waiting for the other team's guards to try and drive the lane? That used to be our calling card.
    Drive the lane. Get stuffed by Wallace x2. Pistons push the ball up court for a flush or uncontested triple. Other team gets flustered, forces a turnover, etc. etc. But it all started with the interior D.

This season it seems that teams have been penetrating at will and there are no WALLaces in the way - at least not consistently like in recent years.

I know we've won more games this season, our O is much improved, and our D (numbers wise) is only slightly down. But something just doesn't feel right to me.
  15. FreshPrince22

The numbers are only slightly down because we aren't turning the ball over as much as in the past. And believe it or not, we're playing at a slower pace then ever before. 3rd least possessions per game of any team in the league. Both result in less shot attempts and easy transition opportunities for our opponents. But when it comes down to needing a stop in the half court at the end of the game, I don't think it's even a question that the D has declined.
  16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate... I'm not staring at the stats but I believe LB's inside game promoted inside possesions more so there was more offensive rebounds for put backs... hence appearance of quicker possesions last year.
  17. FreshPrince22

Well, the fact that we give up TONS of putbacks this year probably evens it out. :ohwell:
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Mo,Mo,Mo,Mo...
    I think it's some kind of a mock.