1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Flip leaps into the Penthouse

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Sam, Oct 4, 2005.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Duh....forgot Phil. I'm right with ya on that one.

Flip after Cola though..nahhh. Can't say I feel you on that one. I wouldn't even put him ahead of George Karl (who I can't stand by the way). I would actually probably follow Carlisle up with Adelman of the Kings. His teams have always been well coached.

2. MotownPride

LMAO!!! :laugh:

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

My lists aren't ranked, I think they are all on par with one another although, I think Sloan is sort of between the first a second tier (a tweener). I think that Flip and Cola ARE EVEN, but at Cola's age and experience you gotta think he's going to get better over time, unless he just that darn stubborn.

4. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

So, Van Gundy torched LB and we still won in game 7 on the road? That's just blatant hatred for anything LB. I'm glad there is this much optimism in the Piston world, but that's just not going to cut it this year. Even Cola.....nevermind.... I just don't want to hear any complaints or blaming the players when all this uptempo + zone crap gets us bounced midway through the playoffs or in the conference finals.

5. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

rotfl

I knew he was short but dam what is he doing knawing on his leg like its a freakin piece of KoRn or somethin actually he looks like my 4 year old nephew when he hangs on my leg god that is funny. I forgot all about the NY Miami bad blood

6. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

the miami series shouldn't have went 7 games either. that's what i mean by van jeremy torching lb. van jeremy made moves lb didn't react. lb didn't make moves to take advantage of our skills. we were the better team than miami. the combination of the miami series dragging out wearing down tay and ben and pop just straight outcoaching lb did us in.

yes. i hate lb. but i has nothing to do with it. seems like you love him maybe that's clouding your view too. lb's system is the only one that can be successful with the pistons??? lb's system didn't work until he got our team. plenty of other coaching style's have won the nba championship. flip and this team can do it.

why are you about the only one predicting doom and gloom??

7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Low

Are you sure you're even a Pistons fan?? You sure seem to be pro LB and anti everything else Pistons.

I think you're really LB's wife.

8. Pwn Toney

Hey, I'm only 30, but I've been a Pistons fan since the Kent Benson days. I don't really think I need to have my loyalty called into question because I'm not drinking the kool-aid.

Sue me. I just don't believe all this offensive hype is going to net us another title. I don't believe Flip is a championship calibur coach. I don't believe players can run themselves (just ask Portland). I don't like players that don't follow the coaches instructions and then wonder why they don't play. I don't like owners that cry about loyalty and run everone that ever helped this team be the best it could out of town how long will it be before he turns on Joe D for some draft or signing, or will Joe D be too afraid to ever disagree with the "signature on the check"?

I AM a fan. I am NOT a sheep.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

No disrespect to my LV brother, THE LOW, I have seen pictures of him, and I have seen pictures of LB's wife, and they are definitely not the same person. LB's wife is a fine woman.

Roscoe loves Kool-Aid, but it needs a little Belvedere for kick.

10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I AM a sheep. Here's a picture of the wife and I on our honeymoon.

[​IMG]

11. MotownPride

Okay, this thread just took a turn for the worst. That's quite disturbing Mr. Basketbills. lol. :)

12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah man, I think I'm traumatized.

13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Thats funny:laugh:, but seriously we can't really judge this team completely right now since we have not seen them play. The little bit we've seen though (Darko improving, Sheed getting really motivated, and this team much hungrier to win it all) I can really see us doing better especially our bench.

14. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Flip and the pistons

It is legitimate for Low to believe that we won't make it. But low, keep in mind that it is flat out difficult to get into the finals. The competition will be tougher this year. And I would add, that last year's approach would not get it done. The league would follow what SA did to us and begin to shut us down in varying degrees. Larry would have to make adjustments. I agree with BBall Jay, for whatever reason, Larry's moves were not especially noteworthy except for game 7 in Miami. I thought that Miami caught us on our heels that series and we were lucky with the Wade injury. But game 7 was a war. BBall has outlined several reasons why it is hard to support Larry's coaching job in the SA series. But this is not about larry but about Flip and this year's pistons. He has a good chance to take us all the way based on what he said. Will it happen? Who knows? I do rank us as the best team but that doesn't mean we will ride into the finals. It is going to be tough and things will have to break our way. But I will follow what Magic Johnson said: "The Pistons are not going to go away."

15. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

You may not be drinking the Pistons koolaid, and you may be a fan of the Pistons, but you are definately drinking LB's Koolaid, and baa-ing all over his lawn.

Count me as a Pistons sheep.

16. Pwn Toney

Whatever....:frusty:

17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Knicks comments about LB so far:

After just three practices, virtually every conversation with players about Brown's style involved the word "detail."

"More than anyone I ever played with or played for, he's meticulous about the details," said Houston, which is quite a statement considering all the coaches he's played for -- including his own father at Tennessee.
    "He was definitely demanding," said Jerome James. "He will beat something into the ground until it gets into your head. He talks specifics, the details of the game. He's going to be a stickler on doing things a certain way, but that's how you win games."

Hopefully we'll here similar comments about Flip.

18. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Flip

I will mention this again, Flip reminds me somewhat of Phil Jackson when he went to Chicago, he was pretty much an unknown entity, who no-one would have ever thunk it that he would win all those championships. He inherited one or two great players who catapaulted him into a stardom type status. Enter Flip, really nice blue collar type guy, never really received props as a good coach. Evidently, Minnesota saw something in him either professionally or personably else he would have been gone 4, 5 or 6 years ago.

I truly believe that Flip will become a historical coach and eventually placed into the annals of Pistons History. The team itself will make Flip an outstanding coach. Look at the surrounding cast, this team looks very scary on paper.

It even gets worse because both the Pistons and Flip has something to prove. We have a dynasty in the making here folks.

19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I like the Phil Jackson comparison, Armygirl and I'll take it one step farther.....both Phil and Flip took over teams where the previous coach was successful but his hard edged, yelling, critical style of coaching drove him out of town.

Doug Collins set the table for Phil in Chicago....could LB have set the table for Flip? I like the comparison.

20. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

flip sounded like Phil Jackson

That's who I thought of when I heard the first interview. I am excited about this team's propects. The only thing that worries me is that competition is very strong, too.